Community Message Boards

Thread: How many servings of soup in an average crockpot?

How many servings of soup in an average crockpot?

I'm organizing a soup and salad lunch for the Teachers and Staff at the weeone's school. I'm feeding 80-90 people and am getting crockpots of soup donated by other parents as well as salad, breads, desserts, etc. In trying to figure out how many crockpots to ask for I was trying to determine the "average" size crockpot.

My guess is 5 qt, with about 10 servings...what do you think?
    Terri _A
    I'm anal retentive. I'm a workaholic. I have insomnia. And I'm a control freak. That's why I'm not married. Who could stand me?” -Madonna

Read my ramblings about food and my nutty life on A Girl in the South!

Terri,

I don't have an answer for you, but just wanted to let you know that what you are doing is so sweet! It means so much to us teachers when parents and students recognize us for our hard work. The Weeone's school is lucky to have such a great family to work with.

-Heather
    Finally blogging again at http://www.heathersblissfuljourney.blogspot.com/ Updated 1/4/12

Thanks Heather! I'm actually the chair of the Teacher Appreciation Committee...we do something every month. Some months are small things, but we try to do about 3 or 4 meals (breakfast or lunch) throughout the year. They (you) deserve it!
    Terri _A
    I'm anal retentive. I'm a workaholic. I have insomnia. And I'm a control freak. That's why I'm not married. Who could stand me?” -Madonna

Read my ramblings about food and my nutty life on A Girl in the South!

If you have a 5 qt. crockpot you need to deduct at least one quart because you can't fill it to the top. So based on 4 qts of soup, that's 128 0z. Figuring an 8 oz serving of soup divide 8 into 128 and you get 16 servings. I wouldn't count on more than 14 just to be on the safe side. Make sure your ladle holds 8 oz.
    Visit my blogsites:
    Chew On This and Out of a Drama Queen's Mind