Community Message Boards

Thread: Can you make crepes the night before?

Can you make crepes the night before?

I am serving banana/nutella crepes tomorrow morning for a birthday breakfast for DH & MIL. I would like to save some time and make the crepes tonight and then reheat them tomorrow.

I know you can buy crepes already made at the store so I am thinking this should be okay.

Anyone ever try this with success?
    Go for it!

I would put a piece of wax/parchment paper between each crepe while stacking but there shouldn't be any problem with doing them tonight.
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

It's been 10 years since I made crepes I'm sure and I don't know why that is but when we used to make them we stacked them as they were made with nothing between them and simply kept the whole stack covered with a clean tea towel to keep them from drying out; when cool bag the stack and refrigerate until morning. Some cooks suggest sprinkling a bit of sugar on each crepe to keep them from sticking and I know I've tried that with crepes for sweet treats as you're making misskitty but I didn't really find it was needed with the crepes I made.
    Cheers! Andy

I made a large batch of crepes a couple weeks ago. I made two stacks, with nothing in between the crepes, wrapped each stack in plastic wrap and one stack went into the fridge and the other into the freezer. I used the crepes in the fridge two days later and had no problems with them sticking together. I haven't used the crepes from the freezer yet, so I can't report on how well they fared.

Making crepes ahead works very well. I usually put a little something between them but I don't think it's absolutely necessary. I wrap the stack in plastic wrap and refrigerate. They freeze well that way, also.
    The Blog is open again!
    http://singlegrrlkitchen.blogspot.com/

"If God had meant for corn bread to have sugar in it, he'd have called it cake." -- Mark Twain

Thanks for the replies! The crepes are now made and I am just waiting for them to cool before covering them and putting them in the fridge.

Thanks again....
    Go for it!