Community Message Boards

Thread: Cleveland, OH over 4th of July

Hybrid View

Cleveland, OH over 4th of July

I may be going to Cleveland over the 4th. Any special events I should be aware of, or any don't miss activities or restaurants?

Thanks! Happy Fri!

Jennifer

Alysha (lindrusso) would harass me from here to Christmas if I didn't say PLEASE GO TO LOLA OR LOLITA!!
    http://lolabistro.com/
    That's where I didn't go when I didn't go to Cleveland. I also didn't go to The West Side Market.
    http://www.westsidemarket.org/about.html
    Happiness is not a goal, it is a byproduct. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Great Lakes Brewery is walking distance from the West Side Market. East Coast Custard is sooo good. I recommend the turtle sundae or ice cream sandwich. If you leave the city, Cleveland Hts is neighboring and not far, Aladdin's at Cedar and Fairmont, or Cafe Tandoor near Cedar and Taylor. The botanical garden at University Circle is a nice place to walk around. There is Little Italy too but I haven't been there for a long time. I'm racking my brain to see if I can remember more.
    Have a great trip!
    "A person's a person no matter how small." Horton

Quote Originally Posted by Sara_R View Post
    Great Lakes Brewery is walking distance from the West Side Market. East Coast Custard is sooo good. I recommend the turtle sundae or ice cream sandwich. If you leave the city, Cleveland Hts is neighboring and not far, Aladdin's at Cedar and Fairmont, or Cafe Tandoor near Cedar and Taylor. The botanical garden at University Circle is a nice place to walk around. There is Little Italy too but I haven't been there for a long time. I'm racking my brain to see if I can remember more.
    Have a great trip!
    The brewery is home to many award winning beers and is also quite green in their production.

These are all great ideas, keep in mind the West Side Market is only open Mon. WEd Fri and Sat. I doubt it will be open on the 4th. Be sure to note the incredible ceiling in the indoor part of the market.

The Cleveland Museaum of Art just opened a new wing that is sure to be great. The Museaum is really fantastic. Obviously the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museaum is good, currently showing a Bruce Springsteen exhibit. The science museaum is good. Our zoo also has a dinosaur exhibit going on.....

Not sure of your age group so that's all for now.
    Peggy
    ...Wag more
    Bark less

Hey Peggy C.!
    How the he!! are you?
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

Hi Sneezles! I'm great. Just so busy with work. How about you? Still own that beer joint?
    Peggy
    ...Wag more
    Bark less