Community Message Boards

Thread: Red wine coming out of my pores....

Red wine coming out of my pores....

Okay, so last night I hosted a girls night on the back deck with a bunch of the moms from school, etc. We drank....a lot.....of wine. I drank red and was "elegantly wasted" by the end of the night (or morning depending how you look at it!). Anyway, by the time everyone left I just peeled off my dress and fell into bed in just my knickers. When I woke up this morning I find that where I slept on my bed, my white sheets are now PINK!!!! Have you ever heard of such a thing? Totally weird and figured if anyone had had it happen before it would be someone here!

Here's a photo - it's pretty bad quality as I took it with my phone -

Terri _A
    I'm anal retentive. I'm a workaholic. I have insomnia. And I'm a control freak. That's why I'm not married. Who could stand me?” -Madonna

Read my ramblings about food and my nutty life on A Girl in the South!

Wow! How warm was it last night, that you ended up 'sweating wine?'
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

I've never had that happen (but vodka is clear, so who knows!). That is bizarre though!

You didn't happen to be wearing a new red top last night?
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

Quote Originally Posted by sneezles View Post
    You didn't happen to be wearing a new red top last night?
    I did wear a red dress last night...but I wasn't wearing it in bed!?
    Terri _A
    I'm anal retentive. I'm a workaholic. I have insomnia. And I'm a control freak. That's why I'm not married. Who could stand me?” -Madonna

Quote Originally Posted by Terri_A View Post
    I did wear a red dress last night...but I wasn't wearing it in bed!?
    I would imagine that some of the dye from the dress was on your skin and, with maybe a little sweat, the color just leached onto your sheets.

But how would the red get on my pillow??? I wasn't wearing the dress on my head! =) Although I have to say that I really like ya'll's explanation better than my initial reaction. I was totally freaked out when I got up!
    Terri _A

I don't know about you, but when I have a bit too much to drink, I don't sleep very well and I seem to toss and turn. So, perhaps that would explain how the pink got on your pillow?

Mystery solved.

Thank you, O Wise Ones.

I feel a little silly that I didn't think of the red dress possibility myself....oh well.
    Terri _A

Hilarious.

I'm sitting here LITERALLY laughing out loud.

Of COURSE it was the dye from your red dress. Oh my god. I can't stop laughing.

I'm so glad you had fun. I would have freaked out when I woke up and saw that. Like the time when I was 9 and I ate a whole box of Boo Berry cereal. The next day I ran screaming to my mother because I was SURE I was dying from some terrible and rare purple poo disease.

What an awesome way to start a holiday weekend. Thanks!!!!
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~E.B. White

Too bad it wasn't in the shape of the Virgin Mary or Jesus. You could have sold the sheets on ebay for a ton of money...

TOO FUNNY !!!!! Thanks for the morning laugh. The picture first reminded me of the crime scene photos where they outline the body. If you look closely you can almost make out the shape. The classic was one of the Naked Gun movies where the person drowned and the outline of the body was floating on the water . Are you sure it was the dress?
    "When you are in love with someone you want to be near him all the time, except when you are out buying things and charging them to him." Miss Piggy

Mystery solved.

Thank you, O Wise Ones.

I feel a little silly that I didn't think of the red dress possibility myself....oh well.

Having had nights of extreme red wine consumption myself I just figured it had to be the clothes you wore as I've never had red/pink sheets.
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

OMG! I'm cracking up reading this. Not at you Terri. I LOVE my wine and have overdone it on more than a few occassions. This sounds like something that would happen to me!

I think a better thread title would have been "A picture of my stained sheets after a night of hard partying".

It does take a while for all that wine to get out of your system, you know.
    TKay

Thank you for all the funny posts here! Terri, mind where you place that dress if the red is bleeding or I see a lot of pink in your future Glad you had a good party.
    We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
    -M. Acklam

Hee. I'm glad I stopped my red wine consumption tonight before that happened to me!

But hey, if too many carrots can turn your skin orange, than why not pink sheets from red wine?

Heehee. Thanks for the laugh. This is cracking me up.
    And yeah, you probably still had plenty of that red wine in your system when you got up this morning, so the thinking required to figure out that it would have been the red dress was probably not going to happen (based on MY experiences with heavy red wine consumption).

Jennifer

And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
    --Abraham Lincoln

Write it on your heart that everyday is the best day of the year.
    --Emerson

I'm giggling over this too - especially since there have been a few morning-afters when the alcohol is still coming out the pores! I didn't think of the obvious until I read Susan's post, and I'm perfectly sober at the moment!

Terri, I had to get Carl to come over here to read this thread. This has got to be the funniest thread yet!!!! You are tooooo much.

I'm so glad that my moment of being an idiot could entertain so many this holiday weekend!
    Terri _A

Too funny! Educational if you really think about it. Never wear red and drink red wine.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyshine View Post
    Too bad it wasn't in the shape of the Virgin Mary or Jesus. You could have sold the sheets on ebay for a ton of money...
    Good thinking!

I, too, am laughing out loud (again, not at you Terri). I would have SO thought the same thing and freaked out as well. I'm glad the mystery is solved.

PS: Did the red/pink come out in the wash or do you have a souvenir of the occasion????

Kate

This is by far my latest favorite thread. Thanks for the giggles Terri!

Terri - I would totally have freaked out about that too! Thanks for sharing - it did make me laugh on the first day back to work after a long weekend!
    Sherri

Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.