Community Message Boards

Thread: Whole Foods Seeduction Bread

Whole Foods Seeduction Bread

Anyone have a copycat recipe? I've looked and only found one from Allrecipies. It has a pretty complicated ingredient list - still if it actually tastes like Seeduction bread I'd probably try it. Anyone tackled this yet?

Found this one which is slightly different from the allrecipes.com version. It's for a bread machine but could be easily adapted to making by hand or in a KA.
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

Thanks Sneezles! The list of seeds in that recipe was particularly helpful. I used an America's Test Kitchen 7-grain bread recipe, made a few alterations, and its not bad! A few more tweaks and I'll be making my own Seeduction bread.

Denise - I found this old thread and was wondering if you ever mastered a recipe for the 'seeduction' bread?
    Currently talkin' about food at Sugar.Betty

I love seeduction bread and am willing to try this one. I probably can't get to it for a couple of days (weeks?), but that would give me some time to get some of the seeds I don't have on hand right now. Probably won't get all of them, but a mix would be good.

Here is my review for the seeduction bread recipe: Great! I made it basically as written, except I added less flour. I reduced the whole wheat flour to 1 1/2 cups and thought that was perfect. I also did not have the amaranth seeds, but added the rest of the seeds, a bit less than the one cup mentioned (i had meant to sub sesame seeds but forgot). I kneaded it in the bread machine, let it rise on a baking stone, then baked it at 350 for 30 minutes. Here is the recipe:

INGREDIENTS
    2 tsp active dry yeast
    1 cup white flour
    2 cups whole wheat flour
    1 tsp salt
    About 1 cup of mixed seeds, to your taste-- see “Seeds” section
    2 Tbsp gluten
    2 Tbsp oil
    1 Tbsp molasses
    3 Tbsp honey
    1 cup water (may need to add about 1 Tbsp more)

SEEDS

Use any seeds you like. Together they can add up to about a cup’s worth.
    Example:
    3 Tbsp roasted salted sunflower seeds
    3 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
    3 Tbsp millet seeds
    2 Tbsp flax seeds
    2 Tbsp black sesame seeds (or 1 Tbsp poppy seeds)
    1 Tbsp red amaranth seeds

Hoodone - Thank you for the review. As soon as the East coasts begins to cools down again I will make this.
    Currently talkin' about food at Sugar.Betty