Community Message Boards

Thread: How do I store Lemon Bars, can I freeze?

How do I store Lemon Bars, can I freeze?

I have some leftover lemon bars (used a standard recipe of lemon juice, zest, eggs, bit of flour etc, the recipe was from One Smart Cookie) and I was wondering how to store them, and how long they would keep? Could I freeze them?

Thanks.

I'd love to help, but I've never had a leftover lemon bar! I wouldn't see why you couldn't freeze them, though.
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

No help here either....Lemon Bars are my all time favorite little baking thing/pastry/sweet and if I make them I will just eat them all.

I agree with everyone else.....I can't imagine having leftover lemon bars! With that said, I did freeze some once to prevent myself from eating them all at once. It didn't work. They froze beautifully but are delicious even eaten frozen
    "When you are in love with someone you want to be near him all the time, except when you are out buying things and charging them to him." Miss Piggy

Thanks everyone. It's a first for me, never had leftover lemon bars --- I tent to make them for a party etc.

I didn't really care for these since I found them a bit too sweet (I even added in extra zest etc and cut back on the sugar). I decided I much prefer CL's Butter Crunch Lemon Cheese Bars over the usual lemon bar.

I ended up freezing two, and giving the rest away.

Thanks again.

Red face Lemon Bars Freezing

Who is saying anything about LEFT OVER Lemon Bars? I want to know if I can freeze them so I can do my baking a week before I have to bring dessert to a potluck. I won't have time to bake the day of the event, so I want to bake a week before and freeze them.

I have several recipes for lemon bars that say you can freeze them, but leave off the sprinking of confectioners sugar over the top until right before serving (if the recipe calls for confectioners sugar on the top).

I have successfully frozen lemon bars but agree with the previous comment about holding off on the powdered sugar until after they thaw out. By the way, from personal experience I can tell you that they are EXCELLENT eaten straight from the freezer
    Alicia

Quote Originally Posted by gobluem82 View Post
    By the way, from personal experience I can tell you that they are EXCELLENT eaten straight from the freezer
    I totally agree! Even better, because you can eat them bare-handed without the evidence being all over your hands!
    Kay

Apple crisp

Would you please post the Lemon Crunch Cheese Bars? I make lemon bars a lot but your post caught my eye. Thanks a lot.

Tutalady --

The name of the CL recipe is Butter Crunch Lemon-Cheese Bars. I tried copying it from the CL website but the spacing gets all messed up (can't figure how to delete the pricing info it gives for each ingredient and turns each ingredient into a link). Sorry Tutalady that I can't just include the recipe in this post.

The texture of these bars are much creamier (think more cheesecake but smoother/lighter -- clear as mud huh).

I don't have the recipe on the computer I'm working on, but I do recall that many commmented on the BB that the "crust" got a bit hard if you cooked it for the full amount of time in the pre-bake. I think I usually do around 10-12 minutes (before I add the filling), but of course much depends on oven and pan. And, I cut back on the amount of nutmeg. Oh, and I think they get a bit soft if left out for awhile. I find many of the "regular" lemon bars overly sweet, and I'm a huge lemon fan.

Is this the recipe?

Butter Crunch Lemon-Cheese Bars

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/butt...0000000222324/

AppleCrisp and Peaches

Thanks to both of you....AppleCrisp for trying and Peaches, I bet that is the one since it does call for nutmeg.......had never thought of nutmeg with Lemon though.

I don't have anything to add, but I am glad to find that I am not alone in eating frozen things. Love frozen cookies and little cupcakes. There are some in my freezer now...

Quote Originally Posted by applecrisp View Post
    Tutalady --

The name of the CL recipe is Butter Crunch Lemon-Cheese Bars. I tried copying it from the CL website but the spacing gets all messed up (can't figure how to delete the pricing info it gives for each ingredient and turns each ingredient into a link). Sorry Tutalady that I can't just include the recipe in this post.
    If you click on "print the recipe," you'll be taken to a page you can copy and paste from, with link interference.
    Kay

Peachesncream -- thanks for posting the Butter Crunch Lemon-Cheese Bars.

Tutalady -- if you try them, I hope you enjoy them The texture is quite different from the usual lemon bars.

Lakemartingal -- thanks for the help with copying the recipe sans links etc.