Community Message Boards

Thread: Need to find where someone was born...

Need to find where someone was born...

I need to find the location of my biological father's birth. I have the date and both parents full names. Any ideas where to start? **** passport renewal....you'd think this would be on file from the original. And for the record, my birth certificate doesn't have the info...
    Terri _A
    I'm anal retentive. I'm a workaholic. I have insomnia. And I'm a control freak. That's why I'm not married. Who could stand me?” -Madonna

Read my ramblings about food and my nutty life on A Girl in the South!

Maybe someone that subscribes to ancestry.com can help you.

I subscribe to ancestry.com. If you want to pm me the details I would be happy to try.
    Nancy
    "When you are in love with someone you want to be near him all the time, except when you are out buying things and charging them to him." Miss Piggy

Is he still living? I know you can search for death certificates at the Social Security website. That's how I tracked down my bio father.
    Trish N.
    Omaha, NE
    "I'm not as sweet as I used to be" Ouiser Boudreaux - "Steel Magnolias" 1989

Have you asked your post office if you have other options? That would really p!ss me off if it prevented me from getting a passport.
    - Josie

But why do they assume you even know? I have a friend who has no idea who her father is...mom's list of possibilities (most she didn't even know the names of) was too long. So no dad on the birth certificate. I can think of a lot of situations were this info would not be known by a child.

Hope you can find what you need. I'm sure the world will be much safer once you find this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Terri_A View Post
    I need to find the location of my biological father's birth. I have the date and both parents full names. Any ideas where to start? **** passport renewal....you'd think this would be on file from the original. And for the record, my birth certificate doesn't have the info...
    You need this for a renewal? Is your previous one more than 10 years expired? I've always just renewed with the old one.
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

Terri - can't you just make up his place of birth? How are they going to check?
    Democrats are Sexy. Who has ever heard of a good piece of elephant?

Quote Originally Posted by sneezles View Post
    You need this for a renewal? Is your previous one more than 10 years expired? I've always just renewed with the old one.
    No, mine just expired on Halloween. But the form is the same for a renewal...hmmm. I'm thinking about just leaving it blank or writing unknown. I am going to renew in person (not by mail) since I have to get the weeone's in person. We'll see....
    Terri _A
    I'm anal retentive. I'm a workaholic. I have insomnia. And I'm a control freak. That's why I'm not married. Who could stand me?” -Madonna

I literally JUST completed my renewal application. You need the name, but the date & place of birth are not required fields (I did mine online). You can also fill in just a state if you know that (that's what I did for my DH).
    As the arc of history bends towards justice, it's a new, more progressive day. --Steve Benen, The Maddow Blog, 11-07-12

Quote Originally Posted by leebee View Post
    I literally JUST completed my renewal application. You need the name, but the date & place of birth are not required fields (I did mine online). You can also fill in just a state if you know that (that's what I did for my DH).
    Do you have the link? I obviously am using a different application -
    Terri _A

Quote Originally Posted by Terri_A View Post
    Do you have the link? I obviously am using a different application -
    I just used the DS-11 form on the gov website:
    http://travel.state.gov/passport/for.../ds11_842.html

I filled out online & then printed the form. It may be that leaving a blank will be a problem, but it let me complete it & did not require those fields to be completed.
    As the arc of history bends towards justice, it's a new, more progressive day. --Steve Benen, The Maddow Blog, 11-07-12