Community Message Boards

Thread: Chocolate Scream Cake - Can I freeze?

Chocolate Scream Cake - Can I freeze?

I made a Chocolate Scream Cake (basically a flourless chocolate cake) to take to friends for dessert last night. The husband was sick, so our dinner together was canceled. I'd like to freeze it until next weekend. Think it would be okay? If I do freeze, I'll thaw overnite in the fridge.

Bonnie

I thought it would be fine, but googled just to be sure. Everything I found said it is OK. Wrap well, and freezer for up to 3 months.
    kathyb

Less rhetoric, more cowbell!

3. i also make this and use bittersweet chocolate

Thanks. It is in the freezer as we speak. Gee...never thought to google to try and find the answer

And jackquil36, do you use just replace the semi-sweet chips with bittersweet chips? Cause bittersweet is my absolute FAVORITE!!!

I'll report back and let you all know how it holds up. Thanks for the advice.

Bonnie

5. yup I just replace the semi-sweet chips with bittersweet. Let me know how it goes!
    One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating. ~Luciano Pavarotti and William Wright, Pavarotti
    forex trading

Mmmmm...bittersweet. Next time I'll try that.

Our Supper Club got post-poned several times and is a go for this Saturday. I'm pulling the cake out of the freezer and putting in the fridge on Friday to defrost. I'll let you know how it has held.

Bonnie

Would someone please post the recipe.....This sounds great...Thank you in advance.........