Community Message Boards

Thread: Frontline plus...on human skin

Frontline plus...on human skin

DH and I were trying to apply it to one of our cats and he spilled a bit on my hand.
    Anyone here of bad/ill effects in humans?
    I washed it off as quickly as I could.

My cat's fur (one of them) has such thick fur it is horrible to apply some of this stuff. I can't imagine how people do it without assistance.
    Thoreau said, 'A man is rich in proportion to the things he can leave alone.'

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. I often get some on my hands while applying it to my dogs.
    - Josie

Echoing Avariell's comment. Pretty safe stuff from a health standpoint.

Here is a section of the Material Safety Data Sheet for it. 0= completely safe and 4= extremely toxic. So a 1 is just fine. Especially since it says the irritation occurs with prolonged contact and it seems you didn't have prolonged contact. Just don't drink it or light it on fire.

The link below is to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for Frontline Plus.

It states:

After skin contact: Immediately wash with water and soap and rinse immediately.

It looks like you did the right thing.

https://www.accessbutler.com/msdsimages/A0000792.pdf

Jinx Gumbeaux, you owe me a Coke.

I think unless you weigh 10-15 pounds, the spillage will be irrelevant for you!
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~E.B. White

Thanks all!

Sure wish fleas were extinct
    Thoreau said, 'A man is rich in proportion to the things he can leave alone.'

On the plus side, if any did soak in you may not have to worry about getting fleas or ticks this summer!
    kathyb

Less rhetoric, more cowbell!