Community Message Boards

Thread: Bread Maker manual

Bread Maker manual

I finally purchased a Bread Maker today, BUT I bought it at a yard sale ($1, in new condition) so it has no manual.

I have found a few places on-line that sell manuals ($10 + shipping) but really I would like to get a manual for free since I only paid a $1 for this thing.

Does anyone have the manual for a White-Westinghouse WWTR442 bread maker they are willing to share (scan and send as a PDF). I know that might be a lot of work, so any other suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks,
    Tanya

Try this website...http://www.darelease.com/dl/bread%20...20wwtr442.html It looks like they have downloads.
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

thanks LakeMartingGal -- they have it but I would have to sign up for a subscription to get it. I'm gonna' keep looking...

I found a site that indicates that a black and decker model is the same as your WWTR442.
    Try this link to the B&D manual and see if it fills the bill.

HTH.
    In the meantime I'm still searching for the exact manual.

ETA: No luck finding a free one for your exact machine. However I found one that was 4.95. Well, hopefully the B&D one will work for you.
    Last edited by Hammster; 04-10-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Thanks Hammster -- apologies for the delay in posting. Life got really crazy (DH was frantically getting ready for a trip to Japan while our semester was coming to an end -- talk about bad timing!).

I found a manual for a comparable machine. I have made one loaf and it only came out so-so. I need to practice!

again, thanks SO MUCH!

Tanya

Glad to hear you found one that will work.

Out of curiosity, was the B&D one even close to your machine?

Hi Hammster -- it was not exact but close enough to get the job done. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out. I appreciate it!

I need to commit to using this thing two or three times a week to get the hang of it. My sister said it is like a crock pot -- they are all basically the same, but each has its own quirks that take getting used to. My first loaf did not rise very well. Maybe I will try again tomorrow!

Thanks again!

Tanya

Have you tried using the dough cycle[I think that's it] , shaping , letting it rise in a pan and then bake? That's how i used mine for bread and pizza dough.

Hi vbak -- I have not. I have an almost toddler and a kitchen under renovation so wanted the ease of a bread machine. I think part of my problem was that I used a recipe for a 1 1/2 lb loaf and should have just done a 2 lb loaf. My sister said she has better luck with the 2 lb loaf setting. So, that is what I am going to do!

I hope to someday make cinnamon rolls using the dough cycle.