Community Message Boards

Thread: Big strawberries for dipping?

Big strawberries for dipping?

I am making white chocolate dipped strawberries for a party and it seems I very rarely see those nice big strawberries in the grocery store. Anyone know when they are most likely to be found and at what stores? I remember finding them a few years ago at Costco and Giant but haven't seen them in years. They just look so much prettier then the little ones.
    Karen

Hi Karen:

Just yesterday, I bought very huge ones from Shoppers Food Warehouse. At the store near me, (I live in Northern Virginia) they all were rather large; however, I have no idea if that was just the shipment that went to my store, or if that would be universal to all of the Shoppers stores. This is the first time in quite a while that I have seen strawberries this large...

I saw giant ones at Aldi's this very week. And last week at Dash. not sure which of these you might have nearby--
    and you might want to check any u-pick farms; call and ask them if they're ready yet, if there are large ones.

Thanks. I tried Shoppers with no luck but did find some decent ones at Whole Foods. Not the huge ones I had seen in the past but good enough!
    Karen

I like medium or small size dipped strawberries. One strawberry = one bite which makes it easier and less messy.

I just got some pretty dang big ones at Costco. Sweet & juicy
    DH proclaimed the best ones so far this season