Community Message Boards

Thread: Can I return something to Target, paid cash, no receipt, and no Target price tag

Can I return something to Target, paid cash, no receipt, and no Target price tag

I bought two bottles of shampoo but realized I bought the wrong type. I paid cash, tossed the receipt, and it doesn't have any type of Target price tag.

I was wondering if I could return it and get a store credit.

I called and the women said yes (forgot to ask her name), but I know at stores, it sometimes depends on who you speak with. I don't shop there very often -- so not familiar with the rules.

If you think the return would be no prob, I might head to Target. I was also just thinking of tossing it in my 'donate' box for the womens shelter.

Thanks.

I work at Target in Guest Services.

* you can return up to $75/year without a receipt
    * you must furnish an id (driver's license) that will be scanned to update your return record
    * must still be carrying the merchandise
    * it will be returned at the lowest price in the last 90 days
    * depending on cost it will either go to a Target gift card or in cash. Cashier can't override the system

If you used one of them, let them know you had an allgeric reaction. Otherwise it should be new and unused.

HTH
    Democrats are Sexy. Who has ever heard of a good piece of elephant?

Thanks Tbb113 -- bottles never opened. The shampoo was for adding volume. Let's just say with my head of hair -- I certainly don't need to add any volume. (not sayiing I believe the different types are real different... but still).

Thanks for your help.

Glad I could help...
    Democrats are Sexy. Who has ever heard of a good piece of elephant?