Community Message Boards

Thread: Looking for Moosewood non-coffee Tiramisu recipe

Looking for Moosewood non-coffee Tiramisu recipe

DH and I had a lovely lunch at Moosewood this past July. We split a berry tiramisu parfait for dessert and the menu mentioned the recipe was in one of the cookbooks. I know I checked the "gift wall" at the restaurant and did find the recipe in one of them (but didn't note which one)

I've checked the ones I own (Low Fat, Cooks at Home, Daily Specials, Cooks for Heath, and New Classics), and none have a tiramisu or parfait recipe.

I've checked the indexes of several on Amazon. Desserts has a coffee-based version, but this was more of a lemon or light mascarpone or cream cheese flavor (like cheesecake), and a very soft cream. I can't see any of the "Simple Suppers" book.

If you happen to have a Moosewood cookbook with such a recipe, I'd be grateful if you could post it!

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by mkc View Post
    DH and I had a lovely lunch at Moosewood this past July. We split a berry tiramisu parfait for dessert and the menu mentioned the recipe was in one of the cookbooks. I know I checked the "gift wall" at the restaurant and did find the recipe in one of them (but didn't note which one)

I've checked the ones I own (Low Fat, Cooks at Home, Daily Specials, Cooks for Heath, and New Classics), and none have a tiramisu or parfait recipe.

I've checked the indexes of several on Amazon. Desserts has a coffee-based version, but this was more of a lemon or light mascarpone or cream cheese flavor (like cheesecake), and a very soft cream. I can't see any of the "Simple Suppers" book.

If you happen to have a Moosewood cookbook with such a recipe, I'd be grateful if you could post it!

Michelle
    The Dessert book has a berry trifle (pound cake soaked in liquer, berries, vanilla cream, whipped cream).

I don't see anything in Celebrates or Sundays at ... and I think you mentioned all of the other ones I own.

How about this: http://blogs.poughkeepsiejournal.com...weet-makeover/

Thanks for checking - I might try e-mailing the restaurant to see if they can tell me which book it might be in (or if they could share the recipe). I'm looking for that one specifically.

Michelle

When you find the recipe, would you mind posting it? This sounds delicious. Thanks.