Community Message Boards

Thread: Where can I buy replacement Pyrex lids?

Where can I buy replacement Pyrex lids?

I ADORE my Pyrex Storage Plus containers and have used for so many years that I have gone through countless replacement lids. I old source has dried up and I am starting to panic. I googled to no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Nancy
    P.S. Specifically I am looking for "Pyrex Storage Plus 7201 cover" (that is quoting from the old lid).
    "When you are in love with someone you want to be near him all the time, except when you are out buying things and charging them to him." Miss Piggy

Did you try eBay? I found a replacement for a broken Corningware dish that way (I had the lid but broke the dish). The woman had lots of odds and ends like that.
    For you to be here now, trillions of drifting atoms had somehow to assemble in an intricate and intriguingly obliging manner to create you. It's an arrangement so specialized and particular that it has never been tried before and will only exist this once.

--Bill Bryson, "A Short History of Nearly Everything"

Our thrift store has a box of lids--I bet yours does too!

If not, let me know and I will poke thru the box.

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions. I tried E-Bay with no luck. The thrift store would be a great idea if I was looking for glass lids (and how nice of you to even offer to check yours !!), but the ones I am referring are sort of plastic/rubber and wear out. I doubt that anybody would ever be discarding new lids but I will try anyway.

Sadly I think they have gone out of production.
    "When you are in love with someone you want to be near him all the time, except when you are out buying things and charging them to him." Miss Piggy

The last ones I got were at a Corning outlet store years ago.

when you googled, did you find this site?
    http://www.classickitchensandmore.co...vers-c-10.html

it looks like they have the 7201 you are looking for.

good luck!
    -bug

Quote Originally Posted by travelbug View Post

it looks like they have the 7201 you are looking for.

good luck!
    -bug
    YES, YES, YES.......that's them! Thank you so much

If you looked in my cabinets, fridge and freezer -- there would be a sea of Pyrex with blue lids (and a few other colors too). round, rectangular, big, small, mixing bowls etc. I'm like a Pyrex warehouse. Just used a bunch for chili that I froze in individual servings.

Love them, one of the most used things in my kitchen.

I've bought lids thru Pyrex's own site before, and I think the same style you mentioned --- www.shopworldkitchen.com (plus had fabulous customer service when I bought storage bowls, with lids of course, thru Amazon, and one lid didn't fit right).

http://www.shopworldkitchen.com/pyre...-cover-1087124

Quote Originally Posted by NancyR View Post
    YES, YES, YES.......that's them! Thank you so much
    You're very welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by applecrisp View Post
    I

Love them, one of the most used things in my kitchen.
    I couldn't agree more, I own every size they make and use them constantly. You always know what is in all those small containers.....no more hair growing on things! Thanks for the link you sent. I already ordered from the one that travelbug posted but am happy to bookmark yours for future reference.

Nancy --

Glad that you were able to get replacement lids. I bookmarked the other site too, just in case (thanks travelbug).

I don't really like storing things in plastic (lids are ok) so these are perfect for me.

I picked up most of them on Amazon (they are on sale quite often) or at Bed, Bath and Beyond etc. If I had the room, I would probably get more. I have quite the collection. I just freed up lots of space in my cabinet, by filling 6 of the smaller bowls with soup -- into the freezer it goes.
    Last edited by applecrisp; 11-18-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Thanks

Thank you. Your need served two purposes.
    I am glad you found the source you were looking for .
    I would have searched the thrift stores until I found the right ones . I am familiar with all the Pyrex and glass lids because I use them for garden "art" junk projects lol.
    But you folks just taught me something and I had a real DUH! moment ! lol
    I have had and use about 10 pyrex bowls for years ,but also for years I have used a pc. of plastic wrap and a plate or just one of them to cover the bowl lol
    I laugh because I now see where some of these came with the plastic cover you are referring to and I likely gave them away when I down sized lol
    I will now measure the bowls and go hunting in the same stores I would have donated them to anyway lol oops!
    Oh wow I just love the idea of plastic lid for my bowl what a novel idea thanks so much Rick In Wichita Ks.
    "IT'S NOT THE CRAZY PEOPLE YOU WORRY ABOUT ...IT'S THE ONES THAT DON'T KNOW IT" R.C.
    WHAT IF THEY WROTE THE TRUTH ON YOUR GRAVESTONE NO SECRETS.

Gee, Rick, I'm glad you were inspired and hope others were too. I am always looking for ways to cut waste and use less disposable stuff. A roll of Saran Wrap lasts me years. I cringe whenever I see a cooking magazine say "add contents to a ziploc bag and seal to marinate " (or whatever). I always use my glass bowls with a lid....no need to throw away a bag!
    Costco and Bed Bath and Beyond sometimes have sets of these on sale and when I see a good deal I squirrel one away for wedding shower gifts. You can ALWAYS use more storage.

Good info!
    Last edited by chathura; 11-25-2010 at 08:46 AM.