Community Message Boards

Thread: Looking to convert banana bread (loaves) to mini muffins... help, please!

Question Looking to convert banana bread (loaves) to mini muffins... help, please!

I'd like to make one (or two) of the banana bread recipes from the Oct. 2010 issue... BUT I'd like to make them as finger food (particularly as MINI muffins) to take to an event. Has anyone ever done that -- converted a loaf recipe to mini muffins?

And if so,what would the baking temp/approximate time conversion be? For the 9" x 5" loaves, it's 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.

THANKS so much!

Lynn
    Last edited by Lynn B; 11-20-2010 at 12:51 PM.
    I take life with a grain of salt... a wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Visit my blog at: http://www.lifewithlynnb.blogspot.com

I have baked banana bread recipes as regular and mini muffins. I make the recipe as is and bake in the muffin tins.
    For regular muffins it takes about 18 to 22 minutes, you need to check as it depends on the oven and the recipe. Sometimes banana bread recipes take longer to bake in muffin tins than regular muffin recipes, so start checking around 18 minutes and go from there.
    For mini muffins I would say from 10 to 15 minutes at most. I would start checking at the 10 - 12 minutes and see how it goes. They bake fast in mini muffin tins.
    Hope this helps.
    Ana