Community Message Boards

Thread: Costco alert

Costco alert

Just got back from Costco and they had English peas already shelled! Haven't tried them yet for quality, but thought I'd mention it as I love fresh peas but such a pain to shell them!

Thank you so much for posting. I'm going to head there tomorrow. I remember buying enough fresh organic peas when DS1 was a baby to make a batch of baby food. I think an ice cube containers worth was $14 and a lot of time. DS1 loves them and is known to eat raw ones right out of the garden. Already shelled sounds like a dream.

I like fresh peas but don't get them too often. Are the Costco peas grown in the US?
    Last edited by merley; 03-02-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: spelling

I'm headed there tomorrow and will make sure to look. Thanks!

I saw shelled peas today at Trader Joe's, in the refrigerated case with the other produce. I have no idea if they have always sold them or if these are new. If somebody tries them, either from Costco or TJs, please report back to let us know how they are. Thanks!

Costco peas are imported from Guatemala. They are not as good as the one from the farmer's market, of course, but come with the big advantage of not having to shell them. I'm hoping my picky kids will eat them which is one of the other reasons I got them!

Sam's Club had them, too.
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

At Costco, just bought fresh English shelled peas from Guatemala in a plastic bag! Sometimes in past, Costco peas in bags are milky so I return them. Couldn't see the milk today till I poured the peas in a colander and washed them.
    They felt slimy though washing helped lose the slime. They tasted a bit "off". The bag had milky streaks. Is it safe to eat milky peas? Figured they're going bad.