Community Message Boards
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What's it like where you are right now?

Couldn't find a decent webcam picture to share, but it's upper 30's with light rain. And given the amount of snow we've had this winter (170"+), rain is a very good thing!!
    Sue

I'm here with my best friend... my fork!! ~ Paula Deen

If you always keep your head up, you'll never find that lucky penny on the sidewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by suebear37 View Post
    Couldn't find a decent webcam picture to share, but it's upper 30's with light rain. And given the amount of snow we've had this winter (170"+), rain is a very good thing!!
    Hi suebear, that is a LOT of snow. Upper 30's? And I reach for a blanket when my office reaches the upper 70's.

Sunny and in the 70's. Love it!!

Today is quite a bit milder than yesterday. It is 8 degrees C. (close to 50 F). Our pool cover is still covered with a thick layer of ice and the only snow around is where it had been piled. No sun; rain has stopped for now.

I am so done with winter....bring on the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by TieKitty View Post
    OK Texas, rub it in

And I only wore a coat out because it was raining! On a sunny day a sweatshirt would be plenty!
    Sue

I'm here with my best friend... my fork!! ~ Paula Deen

If you always keep your head up, you'll never find that lucky penny on the sidewalk.

Sunny and 55 headed toward 60. Just another day in paradise as far as I'm concerned. I like my snow and like my sun. When they're nicely interspaced I'm a very happy camper. My run this evening is going to be glorious, I cannot wait!

http://www.boulderflatironcam.com/

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwismommy View Post
    Today is quite a bit milder than yesterday. It is 8 degrees C. (close to 50 F). Our pool cover is still covered with a thick layer of ice and the only snow around is where it had been piled. No sun; rain has stopped for now.

I am so done with winter....bring on the spring!
    Oh my, our pool is cover with a layer of leaves Have you ever gone ice skating on your pool?

What she said!

It's dreary and windy with a temperature of about 50. We got about 1 1/4 inches of rain yesterday.

It's definitely spring here, though. The daffodils are blooming, along with the cherry and Bradford Pear trees. I counted over 20 robins in the yard the other day.
    Alpogoalie: Any dog smart enough to use its paw to pin down a dog dish.

It's 32 , gray,[what else], windy, with a wintry mix of rain and snow. I'm sick of it already. And snow on the ground again.

Torrential rains of yesterday gone. Sunny and 60! Ready for spring!!

Quote Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
    OK Texas, rub it in
    Ask this question again in August, and I bet my feelings about the weather will be different.

It's BEAUTIFUL here today! Sunny, mid-30s. We had 4 inches of fresh snow yesterday, so it's bright & white & clean.

This link is the coastline a bit north-west of us, but it looks a lot like what I have just down the street.
    Eagle Harbor, MI
    As the arc of history bends towards justice, it's a new, more progressive day. --Steve Benen, The Maddow Blog, 11-07-12

In State College, it's in the high 40's, grey, drizzling, rained all night and expect heavy rain later on in the day. The only snow you can see now are the piles from the plowing on Sunday when we got 6 inches. I see the robins frantically going through the woods behind us trying to find something buried under the leaves.

Oh how I wish to go for a walk in mild weather with just a few clouds to occasionally block the sun. With my fair skin I can't take too much of direct sunlight. And I want to get out on my bike. Maybe when I am home this weekend I will go walking. They say sunny.

Sunny, crystal clear, and mid-30s, which is perfect in my book for March! Fresh clean snow on the ground, just like leebee.

Robyn - very jealous of your run through the Flatirons!!

Just another Phoenix Day, same as yesterday

Live Weather Data for Phoenix

Temperature: 82° F
    Dew point: 28° F
    Humidity: 14%
    Wind speed: 10 mph
    Wind direction: W
    Rainfall: 0.00"
    Barometer: 30.02"
    Outside it feels like: 82° F
    Solar radiation: 904 W/Sqm
    Time: 12:33:07

Quote Originally Posted by leebee View Post
    It's BEAUTIFUL here today! Sunny, mid-30s. We had 4 inches of fresh snow yesterday, so it's bright & white & clean.

This link is the coastline a bit north-west of us, but it looks a lot like what I have just down the street.
    Eagle Harbor, MI
    Thanks for the link leebee. Michigan has beautiful white "sand"

Many years ago, one winter, DH and I just got into the car and started driving north on the turnpike looking for snow. I had not seen it since I was 8 years old. Somewhere in Ga. DH says "look, that is snow on the side of the road". I laughed and said quit teasing, that is sand. He pulled over at the next rest stop and sure enough it was snow. To this day he will still tease me and say look at all that sand whenever there is snow on TV

Quote Originally Posted by SusanMac View Post
    Sunny, crystal clear, and mid-30s, which is perfect in my book for March! Fresh clean snow on the ground, just like leebee.

Robyn - very jealous of your run through the Flatirons!!
    Not running through the flatirons today. I'll be doing speedwork around a small lake in Louisville. But that's the approximate view I'll have at certain points in my run tonight. If I can take a moment from hurting myself to enjoy the view.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw

Thanks for the link leebee. Michigan has beautiful white "sand"

Many years ago, one winter, DH and I just got into the car and started driving north on the turnpike looking for snow. I had not seen it since I was 8 years old. Somewhere in Ga. DH says "look, that is snow on the side of the road". I laughed and said quit teasing, that is sand. He pulled over at the next rest stop and sure enough it was snow. To this day he will still tease me and say look at all that sand whenever there is snow on TV
    Well, check back in July--we really do have the prettiest white sand beaches!

I will admit that about 20 years ago I went on a similar quest w/ my DH because I had never seen the ocean!
    As the arc of history bends towards justice, it's a new, more progressive day. --Steve Benen, The Maddow Blog, 11-07-12

Bleh. Everyone around here is getting kinda cranky. We have had a LOT more cloudy, rainy or snowy days than sunny days for the past 2 months and it's wearing very thin.

On Sunday night we got slammed with an unpredicted storm which left us with 8-12 inches. It started out as a rainy day and ended up practically a blizzard. 8-12 is not a ton of snow, but it left a huge drift in my driveway that took 2 hours to clear with a snow blower and 2 shovels. I didn't make it to work until 11:30.

We had one or two days of sun and now it's back to the lots of rain which, on top of the rain and snow we got last weekend, will likely mean flooding around here.

Fun stuff. Can't wait for spring and some sun already!

Grey and rainy in the mid 40's. Bleh is right. I think snow is better, but some sun would be even better.

Overcast, high 40s. Freeze warning tonight! The severe weather alert is for wind in excess of 20 mph. Sure better than yesterday's rain! But the lake is filling up, and that's good!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Rainy and miserable.
    It's been raining off and on today--and raining motorcycles all week!

It's Bike Week here--motorcycles are here, there and everywhere--but it is not miserable (except if you are on a bike, I guess). I love that all the bikes come (and bring their riders)...it is good for the touri$t industry.

I hope we get Florida Sunshine for the rest of the Bike Week for all our visitors...and for me too! However, I hear the temps are going to be a little cool--high 60s/low 70s with very chilly nights.

Yup, here too.....very pleasant.

However it is quite dry with potential for high winds, so we're under a fire watch. Oh, what I would give for some rain!
    Amy

Om Mani Padme Hum

66 and sunny at 4pm here.

Same rain here, minus the beach

Better than snow, though and it doesn't really bug me. By this time in March I don't necessarily want a snowstorm.
    "If you're not chasing after miracles, what's the point?" The movie Saint Ralph

"What it all comes down to
    Is that everything's gonna be fine fine fine
    I've got one hand in my pocket
    And the other one is giving a high five" - Alanis Morisette, Hand in My Pocket

Rain, Rain, Go Away, and DON'T come back another day! At least that is how I feel at the moment as I listen to the sump pump kicking in again tonight in front of the second big torrential rain storm of the week. On top of our snowy winter with a big snow melt this last week and ground that is still frozen, it has no place to go (but in basements etc....). Ours is dry now, but I am praying the sump continues to do its job over the next 24 hours. Last Monday my kids had 90 minute delay for flooding in the town! That was a first. Tomorrow morning who knows what it will be like. Our rivers are overflowing and we already made major newspapers in the Northeast for a metro train bridge that got washed out in our storm last Sunday into Monday.UGH! When will it end?

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by lindrusso View Post
    Bleh. Everyone around here is getting kinda cranky. We have had a LOT more cloudy, rainy or snowy days than sunny days for the past 2 months and it's wearing very thin.

On Sunday night we got slammed with an unpredicted storm which left us with 8-12 inches. It started out as a rainy day and ended up practically a blizzard. 8-12 is not a ton of snow, but it left a huge drift in my driveway that took 2 hours to clear with a snow blower and 2 shovels. I didn't make it to work until 11:30.

We had one or two days of sun and now it's back to the lots of rain which, on top of the rain and snow we got last weekend, will likely mean flooding around here.

Fun stuff. Can't wait for spring and some sun already!
    I had gone to Wegmans at 1pm and it was light rain and when I came out it was also practically a blizzard. We must have been on the outer rim of your storm, only getting 6 inches. It did look so beautiful Sunday morning because it was a wet snow and all the trees collected quite a bit even on thin branches.

HOWEVER, I second your "can't wait for spring" wish especially since DLS time kicks in this coming weekend and right now it is raining hard again.