Community Message Boards
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's it like where you are right now?

Hybrid View

Couldn't find a decent webcam picture to share, but it's upper 30's with light rain. And given the amount of snow we've had this winter (170"+), rain is a very good thing!!
    Sue

I'm here with my best friend... my fork!! ~ Paula Deen

If you always keep your head up, you'll never find that lucky penny on the sidewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by suebear37 View Post
    Couldn't find a decent webcam picture to share, but it's upper 30's with light rain. And given the amount of snow we've had this winter (170"+), rain is a very good thing!!
    Hi suebear, that is a LOT of snow. Upper 30's? And I reach for a blanket when my office reaches the upper 70's.

Sunny and in the 70's. Love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by TieKitty View Post
    OK Texas, rub it in

Quote Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
    OK Texas, rub it in
    Ask this question again in August, and I bet my feelings about the weather will be different.

Sunny and 55 headed toward 60. Just another day in paradise as far as I'm concerned. I like my snow and like my sun. When they're nicely interspaced I'm a very happy camper. My run this evening is going to be glorious, I cannot wait!

http://www.boulderflatironcam.com/

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn1007 View Post

My goodness Robyn, you can't even see the mountains, and 32 Please be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn1007 View Post
    This is a link I like to watch. The area sure is getting built up.

Does anyone have a link in their home town of snow, lakes, trees, anything interesting?

What she said!

It's dreary and windy with a temperature of about 50. We got about 1 1/4 inches of rain yesterday.

It's definitely spring here, though. The daffodils are blooming, along with the cherry and Bradford Pear trees. I counted over 20 robins in the yard the other day.
    Alpogoalie: Any dog smart enough to use its paw to pin down a dog dish.

Yup, here too.....very pleasant.

However it is quite dry with potential for high winds, so we're under a fire watch. Oh, what I would give for some rain!
    Amy

Om Mani Padme Hum

66 and sunny at 4pm here.

SEE and SAY

My face actully never change even where i am right now same to Sun.

And I only wore a coat out because it was raining! On a sunny day a sweatshirt would be plenty!
    Sue

I'm here with my best friend... my fork!! ~ Paula Deen

If you always keep your head up, you'll never find that lucky penny on the sidewalk.

Today is quite a bit milder than yesterday. It is 8 degrees C. (close to 50 F). Our pool cover is still covered with a thick layer of ice and the only snow around is where it had been piled. No sun; rain has stopped for now.

I am so done with winter....bring on the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwismommy View Post
    Today is quite a bit milder than yesterday. It is 8 degrees C. (close to 50 F). Our pool cover is still covered with a thick layer of ice and the only snow around is where it had been piled. No sun; rain has stopped for now.

I am so done with winter....bring on the spring!
    Oh my, our pool is cover with a layer of leaves Have you ever gone ice skating on your pool?

Rainy and miserable.
    It's been raining off and on today--and raining motorcycles all week!

It's Bike Week here--motorcycles are here, there and everywhere--but it is not miserable (except if you are on a bike, I guess). I love that all the bikes come (and bring their riders)...it is good for the touri$t industry.

I hope we get Florida Sunshine for the rest of the Bike Week for all our visitors...and for me too! However, I hear the temps are going to be a little cool--high 60s/low 70s with very chilly nights.

http://www.evsboca.com/index.htm

Rainy and miserable.

Have a link to share?
    Remember when I first posted this 18 days ago? Well, since then we have had real nice warm weather. And no rain. We were put on watering restrictions. So yesterday was our day to water the lawn. Guess what? TODAY we just got a storm warning with possible tornado warnings. Thought you all might like to watch the beach cam and see what happens. Good thing DH didn't wash the car also. Heaven knows what would happen today.

We've had rain off and on the last few days, and some wonderful sunshine, as well. Spring in Alabama! Today, it seems cold (53) but supposedly, it will get to 70! Here's hoping!!!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

As I type, it's 63 dgs. at 7:30 a.m. The bay is calm and the hills are peeking out from a hazey blanket. I think it's going to be another "ugly" day! And only four more days of this icky weather.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!

I am soo sorry people. If you decide to check out the beach, please be warned. They have changed the rules here since our last election. I can't believe it. It is now allowed. Nude bathing

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!

I am soo sorry people. If you decide to check out the beach, please be warned. They have changed the rules here since our last election. I can't believe it. It is now allowed. Nude bathing
    Bwahahahahah!

I'll post a warning too. If you choose to check out the Flatiron cam it is a gorgeous, sunny spring day heading toward the mid-70s. I love Colorado. I got hip deep powder skiing Monday and warm spring weather on Friday.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!

Looks like a couple of men must have read my post. They sure seem to be looking for something.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!

APRIL FOOL !!!!!! Sorry

We just had a nice storm come through here. It is heading for Miami. They said the wind can get up to 60 MPH.

Nobody on the beach.

That wind came through here yesterday and the night before. Left behind cooler temps and drier weather. We had hoped for more rain out of that system, but it is sunny and 73 now. Perfect, though headed for a drought.

We had the wind and rain last night -- went from 83 to 37 overnight! But today is a bright, beautiful sunny day, with not a single cloud in the sky! Absolutely joyous!

Waiting now, until I can post....
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Cold and wet. Yesterday's high was 82. Today's high was 47 at 5:00 this morning. We had the big storms last night too as the front came through. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 70 again.
    Claire

It doesn't matter what you think, just that you do.

A beautiful 86 degree day yesterday to frost warnings tonight. Fun... feels like Minnesota all over again!
    Joe

Pictures and recipes of our Cooking and Baking!
    http://desertculinary.blogspot.com/

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces. ~Judith Viorst