Community Message Boards
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 633

Thread: What's it like where you are right now?

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay Henderson View Post
    Oh, my! We just returned Wednesday from a home exchange to Naples, FL, so your pictures brought back very fond memories of the delightful time we had.

    Here at home in South Lake Tahoe, we are in an active pattern. We got about a foot of snow last night. It's supposed to be snow showers today. Below is the CalTrans camera at Highway 50 and Meyers, which is about 10 miles from my house:

    http://video.dot.ca.gov/asx/d3-meyers-50.asx

    Kay
    Kay, I saw the webcam for about 2 seconds (looked like you had more snow) and then it blacked out. Is it me or the cam?

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    South Lake Tahoe, CA
    Posts
    3,262
    Quote Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
    Kay, I saw the webcam for about 2 seconds (looked like you had more snow) and then it blacked out. Is it me or the cam?
    I just saw your reply. The cam is back up now (11:45 PDT).

    We continue to get a lot of snow. We cleared about a foot yesterday and are waiting for a break to clear the next foot which has fallen since.

    Kay

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    South Lake Tahoe, CA
    Posts
    2,168
    I hope you have dug out Kay!

    We got another foot today and are expecting a huge storm on Thursday. Spring will not be coming for us for awhile.
    Write your hurts in sand, carve your blessings in stone.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,811
    Thanks Kay, I got to watch about 5 min this time I keep hoping I'll see it snow. That's a big treat for me. I'll try to remember to watch Thur.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    San Ramon, CA
    Posts
    12,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Missi View Post
    I hope you have dug out Kay!

    We got another foot today and are expecting a huge storm on Thursday. Spring will not be coming for us for awhile.
    The weather guy on KGO was commenting that there will be skiing until June or July at this rate
    Democrats are Sexy. Who has ever heard of a good piece of elephant?

  6. #66
    Over an inch of rain over the last 24 hours here. That's a boatload for here! Yikes.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,811
    Is anyone else enjoying the links? I think it is fascinating to see what it is like around the country.

    Kay, I don't know if it is the weather, but you do seem to have more polite drivers in your part of the country than we dol I wonder what is wrong with that vehicle on the left side of the screen. It has been parked there a long time. Looks like it broke down.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In my heaven on earth
    Posts
    13,237
    Quote Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
    Is anyone else enjoying the links? I think it is fascinating to see what it is like around the country.

    Kay, I don't know if it is the weather, but you do seem to have more polite drivers in your part of the country than we dol I wonder what is wrong with that vehicle on the left side of the screen. It has been parked there a long time. Looks like it broke down.
    The one I linked to is quite sad right now. Behind our beautiful Flatiron mountains you can see smoke from a wildfire in Golden CO.


    "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw


  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn1007 View Post
    The one I linked to is quite sad right now. Behind our beautiful Flatiron mountains you can see smoke from a wildfire in Golden CO.
    Robyn, that is so sad. I was just there (looking). I was going to say I love the top picture. The mountains look like they are made of gold.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,811
    Quote Originally Posted by leebee View Post
    It's BEAUTIFUL here today! Sunny, mid-30s. We had 4 inches of fresh snow yesterday, so it's bright & white & clean.

    This link is the coastline a bit north-west of us, but it looks a lot like what I have just down the street.
    Eagle Harbor, MI
    leebee, I was visitor #6,036,914. Wow, 10 years that man has been doing that. It has been fun reading the comments and looking at some of the older pictures. I love the one of the people waving to the camera. It looks like snow on the ground instead of the lake Having fun

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,052
    Overcast and very windy today. Let's see if this link works - I often pass here on my way home to "The Cliff":
    http://www.earthcam.com/usa/texas/dallas/dealeyplaza/
    We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
    -M. Acklam

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    2,961
    This is my favorite time of year - when we can sleep with the windows open! It's in the mid to upper 80s this week (maybe 90 next Saturday), but mid-60s at night. Now if only our neighbor, whose driveway is right below the bedroom window and who goes to work at 5:30 am, would get his truck fixed. When he starts it, it makes a screeching noise for about 10 minutes before he pulls out.

    It's cloudy this morning, but the sun should be out later:

    http://www.instacam.com/showcam.asp?id=ASPLS&size=S

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,811
    Quote Originally Posted by swedish cook View Post
    Overcast and very windy today. Let's see if this link works - I often pass here on my way home to "The Cliff":
    http://www.earthcam.com/usa/texas/dallas/dealeyplaza/
    Wow, that gave me the chills. Looking at a part of our history. Thank you.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Meganator View Post
    This is my favorite time of year - when we can sleep with the windows open! It's in the mid to upper 80s this week (maybe 90 next Saturday), but mid-60s at night. Now if only our neighbor, whose driveway is right below the bedroom window and who goes to work at 5:30 am, would get his truck fixed. When he starts it, it makes a screeching noise for about 10 minutes before he pulls out.

    It's cloudy this morning, but the sun should be out later:

    http://www.instacam.com/showcam.asp?id=ASPLS&size=S
    Wow, more chills, going from the "Grassy Knoll" to a Luthern school in the same state. Thank you.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    5,937
    WARNING (big whine coming up) we are home less than 2 weeks from glorious weather in NC, weather alerts for several inches of snow tonight into tomorrow in PA!
    YIKES, I hate this!!!!
    Hopefully it will just rain!!!! PA weather stinks in my opinion, this time of the year.
    "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,811
    Quote Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
    http://www.evsboca.com/index.htm

    Rainy and miserable.

    Have a link to share?
    Remember when I first posted this 18 days ago? Well, since then we have had real nice warm weather. And no rain. We were put on watering restrictions. So yesterday was our day to water the lawn. Guess what? TODAY we just got a storm warning with possible tornado warnings. Thought you all might like to watch the beach cam and see what happens. Good thing DH didn't wash the car also. Heaven knows what would happen today.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dadeville, AL
    Posts
    12,879
    We've had rain off and on the last few days, and some wonderful sunshine, as well. Spring in Alabama! Today, it seems cold (53) but supposedly, it will get to 70! Here's hoping!!!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    In
    Posts
    5,908
    As I type, it's 63 dgs. at 7:30 a.m. The bay is calm and the hills are peeking out from a hazey blanket. I think it's going to be another "ugly" day! And only four more days of this icky weather.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,811
    OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!

    I am soo sorry people. If you decide to check out the beach, please be warned. They have changed the rules here since our last election. I can't believe it. It is now allowed. Nude bathing

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In my heaven on earth
    Posts
    13,237
    Quote Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
    OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!

    I am soo sorry people. If you decide to check out the beach, please be warned. They have changed the rules here since our last election. I can't believe it. It is now allowed. Nude bathing
    Bwahahahahah!

    I'll post a warning too. If you choose to check out the Flatiron cam it is a gorgeous, sunny spring day heading toward the mid-70s. I love Colorado. I got hip deep powder skiing Monday and warm spring weather on Friday.


    "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw


  21. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,811
    Quote Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
    OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!

    I am soo sorry people. If you decide to check out the beach, please be warned. They have changed the rules here since our last election. I can't believe it. It is now allowed. Nude bathing
    Looks like a couple of men must have read my post. They sure seem to be looking for something.

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,811
    Quote Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
    OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!

    I am soo sorry people. If you decide to check out the beach, please be warned. They have changed the rules here since our last election. I can't believe it. It is now allowed. Nude bathing
    APRIL FOOL !!!!!! Sorry

  23. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    19,680
    Crazy rains that Tyra warned me of came in all right - land slides, floods, the works. I had to drive 50 miles home from the Napa trip in it and it was intense! Basically like driving in a 50 mile car wash.

    Now, sunny and 80. And I ain't foolin'!
    Happiness is not a goal, it is a byproduct. - Eleanor Roosevelt

  24. #84
    80 degrees on my patio when I got home at 3pm today. Crystal clear skies. S'posed to cool down a bit for the weekend.

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    19,680
    Actually, I guess I was foolin'! Don't know what happened between my frozen yogurt run at 3:30 and when I left the office at 5:00, but the temperature had dropped considerably, the sky darkened, and a little intensity in the air. Weird. Probably bad karma for sending a screen shot of my iPhone's weather page to the Chicago office, asking them how they were all doing
    Happiness is not a goal, it is a byproduct. - Eleanor Roosevelt

  26. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Canice View Post
    . Probably bad karma for sending a screen shot of my iPhone's weather page to the Chicago office, asking them how they were all doing
    Meanie!

    It's been about the same here as the last time I posted. Cold, rainy, dreary with occasional snow mixed in. Looks like we might see a little sun this weekend and then back to the rain but maybe warmer temps at least. Spring is certainly taking it's sweet time getting here!

    I've noticed that the level of noise in the library where I work has been unusually high lately. I'm thinking this delayed spring is starting to get to the students. We need some good weather so we can kick their butts outside!

  27. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn1007 View Post
    Bwahahahahah!
    Thanks Robyn, looks like you are the only one that thought my joke yesterday was funny.

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Metrowest MA
    Posts
    1,947
    This is what I woke up to yesterday:



    Still cold and white outside, but supposed to warm up to about 50º today. And the trees are back to normal.
    ~ ~ Leslie ~ ~

  29. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dadeville, AL
    Posts
    12,879
    Sunny and bright, supposed to be 80+degrees today! Yay!!!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

  30. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    19,680
    That's awfully pretty, Leslie, but it's the second of April. Isn't it time to move on?
    Happiness is not a goal, it is a byproduct. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •