Community Message Boards
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: What's it like where you are right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Canice View Post
    That's awfully pretty, Leslie, but it's the second of April. Isn't it time to move on?
    Please tell that to Mother Nature. She seems to have forgotten to set her clock ahead.

And Canice, you owe me a new computer screen, or at least some cleaner to get all the coffee off it!
    ~ ~ Leslie ~ ~

Today is windy, slightly overcast and 15 degrees (about 50 F)! The snow is all gone, although we usually get a snowfall in April that leaves really quick and I checked yesterday and the flowers are coming up on my hyacinths in the garden

It is 50 degrees today, but feels much colder with wind at 25-30 mph from the North.

http://ciwebcam01.siouxfalls.org/user/camera.html
    Sherri

Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.

It was nice this morning, but we're supposed to get a big storm with hail, tonight! From 83 today to 47 tonight! No wonder people have colds!

Now, I just filling in time until I can actually post this! Ho, hum...
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMartinGal View Post

Now, I just filling in time until I can actually post this! Ho, hum...
    Amazing how long 120 seconds can feel...
    Sherri

Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.

Another beautiful day in Vista, CA. Temperature is 73, light wind and sunny, with that relentless blue sky.

T-storms here but finally warm. I'm okay with it since it's April and it's warm. Chance of a snow-rain mix tonight. Hopefully that's it for the snow. We've had enough for one year.
    You can't drink rum on the beach all day if you don't start in the morning.

Sunny and 78 degrees. It is a bit windy, though. ****, - I sure miss OHIO!!
    Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.

In State College, Pa, it's just after five and it looks like a thunderstorm is about to hit. I was in Wegmans an hour ago and the noise of the rain on the roof was deafening!!. At least it almost stopped when I got to the car, but now I had to turn on lamps.. oh, now I hear the thunder in the distance. At least it's not snow!

Quote Originally Posted by SDMomChef View Post
    It is 50 degrees today, but feels much colder with wind at 25-30 mph from the North.

http://ciwebcam01.siouxfalls.org/user/camera.html
    Wonder why I can't see anything?

Well, according to the beach cam it is 82 here, but the swimming conditions are poor, jellyfish

Yesterday was a wild weather day on Vail mountain. It started off cloudy and hoping for snow. In the space of an hour we went to light snow to snow that looked like dippin dots ice cream to hail to big huge flakes. Along with that came lightning which shut down the entire mountain for an hour as there was an on mountain strike and one does not want to be on a metal chair, attached to metal cables run along metal towers on top of a mountain in a lightning storm. When it opened back up around 12:30 we headed out for first tracks. Here's a pick of me on that first run back. Saturday was bluebird skies. I love spring in the Rockies.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
    We just had a nice storm come through here. It is heading for Miami. They said the wind can get up to 60 MPH.

Nobody on the beach.

That wind came through here yesterday and the night before. Left behind cooler temps and drier weather. We had hoped for more rain out of that system, but it is sunny and 73 now. Perfect, though headed for a drought.

We had the wind and rain last night -- went from 83 to 37 overnight! But today is a bright, beautiful sunny day, with not a single cloud in the sky! Absolutely joyous!

Waiting now, until I can post....
    Kay

Cold and wet. Yesterday's high was 82. Today's high was 47 at 5:00 this morning. We had the big storms last night too as the front came through. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 70 again.
    Claire

It doesn't matter what you think, just that you do.

A beautiful 86 degree day yesterday to frost warnings tonight. Fun... feels like Minnesota all over again!
    Joe

Pictures and recipes of our Cooking and Baking!
    http://desertculinary.blogspot.com/

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces. ~Judith Viorst

We have a beautiful day today of 86 according to the beach cam. But it's still not hot enough to heat up the pool for me.

What a beautiful day it was here in NW In. At 5;30 it is 81 dgs. We had to make Margaritas to celebrate the weather! My bulbs are up, the rose bushes have new growth, DH cleaned up the screened in porch, the trees are budding, the birds are chirping, and the windows are open! We're cooking out tonight.

Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by vbak View Post
    What a beautiful day it was here in NW In. At 5;30 it is 81 dgs. We had to make Margaritas to celebrate the weather! My bulbs are up, the rose bushes have new growth, DH cleaned up the screened in porch, the trees are budding, the birds are chirping, and the windows are open! We're cooking out tonight.

Vicky
    Yay! You sound very happy!
    Kay

I am, Kay! It's been a lonngg time!

Vicky

Yes, I'm happy for you also Vicky. What are you grilling? DH is out on the patio now grilling chicken thighs and potato wedges.
    Last edited by cookieee; 04-10-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Oh Robyn, that pic of you looks awesome!
    I'd kill to learn to ski but am TERRIFIED of cross-country skiing

It is a lovely 53 here with the sun peeking through.
    My old Wisconsin is near 80 and a bad storm on the horizon for tonight. OK, now is when I will be glad we are here.
    80 in April? That is just wrong
    Thoreau said, 'A man is rich in proportion to the things he can leave alone.'

Robyn, that's a great picture! Must have been pretty heavy snow to negotiate - no champagne powder. Only for the best and strongest.

87° and waiting for severe thunderstorms - the price we pay for rain. Very sad reading about the raging wildfires in West Texas.
    We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
    -M. Acklam

Quote Originally Posted by leebee View Post
    It's BEAUTIFUL here today! Sunny, mid-30s. We had 4 inches of fresh snow yesterday, so it's bright & white & clean.

This link is the coastline a bit north-west of us, but it looks a lot like what I have just down the street.
    Eagle Harbor, MI
    Hi leebee, looks like the snow is finally melting at the lake. Whats the temp like now where you are?

Quote Originally Posted by wallycat View Post
    Oh Robyn, that pic of you looks awesome!
    I'd kill to learn to ski but am TERRIFIED of cross-country skiing
    Quote Originally Posted by swedish cook View Post
    Robyn, that's a great picture! Must have been pretty heavy snow to negotiate - no champagne powder. Only for the best and strongest.
    Thanks! It was such a fun day. I was guiding a group from a meetup from another BB and had 12 with me. They all took the line directly from where I stood at the top right under the chairlift. I traversed over 10 feet and got first tracks down that line. It was bumped out under neath so I think this particular picture was while I was in the valley of the bumps. Bump (mogul) skiing was definitely my weakest point up until this season. I avoided it, I dreaded it. But this season with the help of better skis, great tips from friends/long time instructors, better fitness and the desire to do it I've finally become a bump skier. To the point where I seek them out. Good stuff!

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw

Spring in Colorado. It's snowing big HUGE flakes that were so dense it was hard to see on my drive into work today. It'll turn to rain sometime this morning though. I'm thankful, we need the moisture like you can't imagine. We've already had a number of severe wildfires and people have lost homes. It's way too early in the season for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn1007 View Post

My goodness Robyn, you can't even see the mountains, and 32 Please be safe.

32 doesn't seem bad to me but I'm a skier. In fact, if I didn't have a sore throat from hell I probably wouldn't even have a jacket today. Actually, the only reason I went outside this morning is my office provides a physician assistant free of charge that I want to see to verify that I don't (or do) have strep. I'm heading home immediately after my 8:30 appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn1007 View Post
    32 doesn't seem bad to me but I'm a skier. In fact, if I didn't have a sore throat from hell I probably wouldn't even have a jacket today. Actually, the only reason I went outside this morning is my office provides a physician assistant free of charge that I want to see to verify that I don't (or do) have strep. I'm heading home immediately after my 8:30 appointment.
    So sorry to hear about your sore throat. When you get home, gargle with apple cider vinegar. It is suppose to really work, even for strep (which we hope it isn't) 1 tsp in a glass of water. Gargle with a mouthful every hour, swallow and repeat.

Please keep us posted, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
    So sorry to hear about your sore throat. When you get home, gargle with apple cider vinegar. It is suppose to really work, even for strep (which we hope it isn't) 1 tsp in a glass of water. Gargle with a mouthful every hour, swallow and repeat.

Please keep us posted, ok?
    Not strep. Which with what we've had going around here both the PA and I were hoping for since it's treatable with antibiotics. I'll give your gargle a try. Orders are to sleep.