Community Message Boards
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: What's it like where you are right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn1007 View Post
    Not strep. Which with what we've had going around here both the PA and I were hoping for since it's treatable with antibiotics. I'll give your gargle a try. Orders are to sleep.
    Oh thank goodness. I'm leary of taking too much antibiotics. I know it is easier, but I don't like the side effects. Hope you have a good nap.

Quote Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
    Oh thank goodness. I'm leary of taking too much antibiotics. I know it is easier, but I don't like the side effects. Hope you have a good nap.
    Nap is going to wait just a bit. I called the store I bought my new mattress from and they are delivering it 2 days early around noon my time. All my bedding is making it's way through the wash now to be ready for a dreamy fresh nap on my new bed. Can't wait!

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw

Nap is going to wait just a bit. I called the store I bought my new mattress from and they are delivering it 2 days early around noon my time. All my bedding is making it's way through the wash now to be ready for a dreamy fresh nap on my new bed. Can't wait!
    Now that is what I call perfect timing.

Love the timing! It's Kismet or fate, or something good! Enjoy the nap on the new bed!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

I know I shouldn't complain with all of the terrible storms rumbling across the south, but...it's 37 dgs. with a wind chill of 26! Last Sunday it was 81. This is so tiresome already.

Quote Originally Posted by vbak View Post
    I know I shouldn't complain with all of the terrible storms rumbling across the south, but...it's 37 dgs. with a wind chill of 26! Last Sunday it was 81. This is so tiresome already.
    Yes, but at least you didn't have 7 inches of snow yesterday . Much of it melted today, but there's more in the forecast over the next couple of days. I am so sick of winter!
    The motive power of democracy is love. ~ Henri Bergson

Quote Originally Posted by clarab View Post
    yes, but at least you didn't have 7 inches of snow yesterday . Much of it melted today, but there's more in the forecast over the next couple of days. I am so sick of winter!
    ugh!!

gorgeous... i have a tee shirt on

Quote Originally Posted by Deechef View Post
    gorgeous... i have a tee shirt on
    Been gloomy and misty all day today. Not even rain, but everything's all wet. Complete opposite of yesterday.

Beautiful day -- in the 70s and 80s, but low humidity! Not that I was outside...
    Kay

Also gorgeous here today - mid 60's and sunny, after 2 weeks of sleet and snow. I've never seen so many middle-aged men on motorcycles ....
    The motive power of democracy is love. ~ Henri Bergson

It has been in the upper 80's all weekend. And all weekend, DH has been working in our attic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammster View Post
    Been gloomy and misty all day today. Not even rain, but everything's all wet. Complete opposite of yesterday.
    Sorry, Mike! We tired of that (exactly what I woke up to this morning) and sent it south. Sunny and pleasant this afternoon, at least by local standards. Mid 60s, I guess.
    Happiness is not a goal, it is a byproduct. - Eleanor Roosevelt

This weekend I've seen snow, sun and rain. I drove some of the worst conditions I saw this winter to Vail for skiing Saturday, roads were just wet coming back over the pass Saturday afternoon. Today we had partly cloudy skies most of the day on mountain. Headed home and hit heavy snow coming through the Eisenhower tunnel at the Continental Divide then really weird ground fog coming down toward the city. And now it's raining. We need the moisture down here desperately so I'm delighted to see it although I think most of my friends would prefer it not come on Easter.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw

Just wondering how everyone is keeping cool these days. Hope you all are OK.

I can hear the rumbling going on all around me, but nothing is happening.

It's pretty brutal here in Maryland. We have a good breeze blowing, but the humidity is thick enough to cut with a knife and the heat is pretty oppressive. DD is in sailing camp this week and they cancelled this afternoon because of the heat.
    There cannot be a crisis today. My schedule is already full.
    -Henry Kissinger

We had a high of 56 this morning...should hit 65 today

Monday we almost thought about turning on the heat...I think the night temp was 49.

OH MY...this weather is worth the agony of DHs analysis paralysis for a near decade!
    I realize we are 10 degrees below normal but I sure hope that is the trend here
    Thoreau said, 'A man is rich in proportion to the things he can leave alone.'

Central Ohio is sunny, hot and humid. Forecast is 97F by 5pm tonight. Heat indexes of 105-110F. Nothing like Texas, and other states, have had but gross all the same.
    You can't drink rum on the beach all day if you don't start in the morning.

68 and looks like could rain any second. Perfect for hiking or hanging out in the kitchen cooking. I feel so bad for anybody dealing with horrible heat without AC. I can't even imagine. Does it cool down at night back East? We usually drop 20 to 30 degrees here.
    ~JW~

It is horrible here and not cooling down at night which is making it dangerous for some.

Temps mid 90's, sunny, simply oppressive humidity and heat indexes of 100-110. I'm impressed by how our a/c is keeping up but just knowing what the temp is makes it feel warmer. Plus, we cannot currently use our garage so the cars are outside baking in the sun and are awful to get into.

Just introduced DS to the slurpee while we were out running a few errands. He's a fan.

It's 93, humidity 50% (unusually low for us), and heat index of 101! We may have rain later today, and have had 13" in July, which is WAY above normal. I would be suffering in the old house, because the AC there just couldn't keep up, but this house is staying at 78 with no problem! I <heart> this house!!!

The only downside is that we haven't been getting out on the lake because of the rain. I'm still fish-belly white!
    Kay

Better today than yesterday, when it was 97 with a heat index of 105, which is not the norm here! Most of us don't have a/c. Fortunately, Lake Superior is still really chilly, so we got into the frigid water & cooled right off. Today it's a balmy 84 & we should descend into the 60s tonight. Now THAT'S more like it!
    As the arc of history bends towards justice, it's a new, more progressive day. --Steve Benen, The Maddow Blog, 11-07-12

I just checked the Weather Channel,,, here in beautiful Fredericksburg, Va it is 99 with a heat index of 121!!!!!!!!! OMG.... my a/c (thank goodness i replaced it this spring) is running all the time, BUT, keeping the house 'cool'.... i just can't imagine what people are doing without it.... calling for 4 more days of this before a break on Monday... just the thought of going to the mailbox is awful. The poor people who work outside.............

Quote Originally Posted by Casey1230 View Post
    ...The poor people who work outside.............
    I know! My yard guy showed up yesterday and I told him it was too hot and the grass wasn't growing anyways. I ended up bringing them out a tub of cold bottled water in ice.

Yet, there are idiots golfing.

97 with high humidity here in northern Indiana. We usually have a day or two like this, but they are forecasting 10 days.

Our 14 1/2 year old brittany spaniel is not doing well. She has canine dementia and lives in our garage, going in and out when she needs to. It's so hot, she's having trouble breathing. Right now, I have the door to the air conditioned basement open with a fan in front of it, blowing on her. I have her trapped with bicycles so she can't get away. She gets very upset when her world changes, so bringing her in the house won't work... she panics and has even more trouble breathing. I made her some chicken broth ice cubes... I don't know what else to do for her that doesn't upset her and make everything worse.

Here in NW In it is 93 with a heat index of 106. We were at the neighbor's pool all afternoon and it was very pleasant. The AC had a hard time keeping up with my cooling demands yesterday. Don't boil potatoes or eggs for potato salad in the heat of the afternoon! Too much heat and humidity!

Sunny and 70 with a light breeze. Sure to be foggy and cold tonight.
    Happiness is not a goal, it is a byproduct. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Today is day 29 of triple-digit weather in OKC. It was only 99 degrees the last two days. Night-time temps are around 78 and the 7-day forecast is all over 100 degrees.

Way too hot to cook.

Carole

Quote Originally Posted by Love to Run View Post

Way too hot to cook.

Carole
    Why yes, yes it is. And I have to make about 3 cakes tomorrow for DS's birthday cake. The oven will be on forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Canice View Post
    Sunny and 70 with a light breeze. Sure to be foggy and cold tonight.
    Inland it is a little bit warmer, 88, sunny and a light breeze.
    Democrats are Sexy. Who has ever heard of a good piece of elephant?