Community Message Boards
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: What's it like where you are right now?

Wow, CM, that's amazing! It seems from anecdotal FB postings that the entire country is in spring (sunny 70 here in SF). You must have gotten everyone else's snow - it's awfully pretty
    Happiness is not a goal, it is a byproduct. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Happy anniversary, Kay! We are 44 this August.

Christie, I'm just down the road from you[not literally, of course], and we happily have nothing. It did snow today, but brown grass is not covered. Enjoy it I guess. I have loved this winter, although, there is something exciting about a snow day and watching that snow come down the lake on the radar. Geeky, I know!

Your pictures are very nice.

I have always thought a fresh snow is absolutely beautiful! And it is especially nice to be inside looking out at it! It is very windy here today with rain on the way. On the plus side it was 70 degrees. No complaints.......
    Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.

Wouldn't know, haven't been outside since 7am.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw

Wow, we have some great anniversaries being celebrated! You long married people should start a thread with the best advice.

They heavy snow here was pretty isolated to the very northern burbs. Aren't we lucky? We made the best of it...went outside and made a huge snowman.

Christy Marie...sounds like you live in the vicinity of where one of my sons live..he is in Andersonville...LOTS of snow there..he got his chance to try out his new vehicle in the snow..we also got dumped on..in Michigan,north of Grand Rapids..it was awful about 9 this morning..the snowflakes were huge..

DH came home today with Tiger Stripes ( sweat marks) and it is still only Feb. He says it was in the mid 80's, hot and sunny.

Thanks for the concern, Cookieee. It was just thunderstorms here, but there were reports of pea-sized hail in some of the surrounding areas. The storms have moved out and tomorrow it's supposed to be sunny and in the high 50's.

Great photos, Christie Marie! I left that climate 15 years ago, and while I like looking at the pictures, I don't miss it one bit!
    Alpogoalie: Any dog smart enough to use its paw to pin down a dog dish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Ann View Post
    Thanks for the concern, Cookieee. It was just thunderstorms here, but there were reports of pea-sized hail in some of the surrounding areas. The storms have moved out and tomorrow it's supposed to be sunny and in the high 50's.
    Whew, thank goodness your ok. Thanks for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Ann View Post

Great photos, Christie Marie! I left that climate 15 years ago, and while I like looking at the pictures, I don't miss it one bit!
    We had the same weather, Mary Ann. And ITA with not missing the climate! My years in Buffalo left me with a total respect for snow and ice, and a deep desire never to see it in person, again! I will say, though, that learning to drive safely in those conditions has made me a better driver all-around. Always a silver lining!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Quote Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
    http://www.evsboca.com/index.htm

Rainy and miserable.

Have a link to share?
    Hopefully we won't see to much of Isaac, but the waves are picking up. There are a few surfers waiting for bigger stuff

cookieee...I was just looking at the state radar and it looks like you've had some heavy rain bands today.

A cloudy day here along the northeast coast with only a few bands of light showers...not the thunderstorms that were predicted...but I expect things will pick up in a few hours as we are expecting windy conditions and rain tomorrow.

Looks like Issac is going further west, which is good for us, but unfortunately not for those in the bull's eye...stay safe to those where Issac eventually goes.

Right now Isaac is predicted to slam New Orleans on the very day, 7 years ago, Katrina hit. How weird is that?

We've had some serious gusts and a ton of rain, but I think the worst is past on this one here in Fort Lauderdale.

Rain, Rain, Rain, and lots of thunder It is now 74 degrees

It's 49, rain, and wind. I happen to think it's a lovely day!!

Quote Originally Posted by vbak View Post
    Enjoy yourself

Quote Originally Posted by vbak View Post
    Here, too, although it's trying to clear up. We're actually approaching peak color already, so it's going to be a spectacularly beautiful day.
    As the arc of history bends towards justice, it's a new, more progressive day. --Steve Benen, The Maddow Blog, 11-07-12

Beautiful here too. It rained overnight but got sunny around 9 AM and now it's a somewhat crisp and mostly sunny early fall day.
    "If you're not chasing after miracles, what's the point?" The movie Saint Ralph

"What it all comes down to
    Is that everything's gonna be fine fine fine
    I've got one hand in my pocket
    And the other one is giving a high five" - Alanis Morisette, Hand in My Pocket

Gorgeous day! 83 and sunny with very low humidity!!! Wish it would stay like this...
    Kay

88 and warm. Humidity is down though so that is a plus. Feels like fall

Today is 85 and VERY humid. How is it where you are?

46 and rainy.

About 40 now but we have been having touches of snow at night at about 100 feet elevation. My garden somehow missed the 'killer frost' a couple weeks ago so I plan on covering several of the beds this weekend to keep stuff growing as long as possible. The snow line is well established on the mountain tops and below that is a lovely layer of russets and golds and then the dark greens of connifers.
    Anne

Calm today -- 59ºF and gorgeously sunny, making all the trees glow with their color! No more shaking like it did yesterday evening during the earthquake.
    ~ ~ Leslie ~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by syzygy View Post
    Calm today -- 59ºF and gorgeously sunny, making all the trees glow with their color! No more shaking like it did yesterday evening during the earthquake.
    is right. Oh my goodness. I didn't hear a word about the earthquake. Was it very bad? Did you have any damage?

Initial reports said 4.6; it's been revised to 4.0; centered west of Portland ME and felt throughout the region. A few of my friends lost phone and cable for a bit. DH and I were just finishing dinner when we felt it, a rolling kind of energy going throughout the house, followed by a low boom kind of noise. We looked at each other and said, "Earthquake?" By the time we turned on the TV, about 15 minutes later, the newscasters were all over it. We've only had a few earthquakes here that were strong enough for us to actually feel but this was certainly one of them. No damage, thank goodness.
    ~ ~ Leslie ~ ~

77 and sunny, 46% humidity! I love fall in Alabama! Nights are down in the 40's and 50's -- makes for great sleeping weather!
    Kay

It's 63, gray, and drizzly. The wind has finally calmed down.

Windy!!! High 70's Beautiful outside

Gloomy and rainy in NYC, 64 degrees. It's so cloudy and foggy that I can not see New Jersey from my office window, which is right on the Hudson.

Are you there, New Jersey? Or did the moveable parts of NYC finally drift away?