Community Message Boards
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer grilling 2011

Summer grilling 2011

Why am I starting this when we are just coming into Spring? Because I want to share with my friends a contest. www.bhg.com has a contest going for a $2,299 Webber Summit S-670 Gas Grill PLUS $10,00. You can enter every day till 5-31-11. Hope you enter and GOOD LUCK

See you soon with some new and yummy looking grilling recipes.

I entered, but we bought that grill last year. I never win anything, but if I should win this, I'll let the money pay for my pool reno (plaster died last year) and let you have the grill as a referral fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth View Post
    I entered, but we bought that grill last year. I never win anything, but if I should win this, I'll let the money pay for my pool reno (plaster died last year) and let you have the grill as a referral fee.
    Thank you, it's a deal

This is just one of 28 delicious burger recipes you will find when you enter the contest.

Casablanca Burgers Prep: 20 minutes
    Grill: 14 minutes

Ingredients
    1 lb. ground beef (85% lean)
    1/3 cup finely snipped dried apricots
    2 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
    2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. ground cumin
    1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. ground coriander
    1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
    4 kaiser rolls
    1 recipe Moroccan Ketchup
    4 leaves red leaf lettuce
    1 medium tomato, sliced
    Directions
    1. In a large bowl combine beef, apricots, pine nuts, cilantro, garlic, salt, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, and pepper. Shape mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.

2. For a charcoal grill, grill patties on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 14 to 18 minutes or until done (160 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on grill rack over heat. Cover; grill as above.) Serve burgers on rolls topped with Moroccan Ketchup, lettuce, and tomatoes. Makes 4 servings.

3. Moroccan Ketchup: In a small bowl combine 1/3 cup ketchup, 1/8 tsp. ground cumin, 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1/8 tsp. ground coriander, and 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper.

With all the recipes in my "to try" file, I went searching back through the ones I already tried. When I came to this one that we made back in August 2005 and read the notes, it had a Very Good rating with 5 exclamation marks. DH said yes let's try that one again.

P.D.T.'S SOURPUSS LEMON CHICKEN MARINADE

(pdt stands for Pretty Da*n Tasty)

1 large lemon
    8 TB (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
    1/2 cup cider vinegar
    1/2 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
    1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
    1 medium onion, thinly sliced
    4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
    1 jalapeno chili, thinly sliced
    1/2 tsp coarse salt (kosher or sea)
    1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Cut the lemon crosswise into 1/4" slices, working over a bowl to catch the juices. Using the tines of a fork, remove any seeds from the lemon slices and place the slices in the bowl.

Place the butter, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, chili, salt and pepper in a nonreactive saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the sugar is dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the lemon and stir to mix. Cool to room temperature. Use the marinade within an hour of making. Stir before using to mix in the melted butter.

Makes 2 cups; enough for 1 whole chicken or 2 lbs. thighs.

Source: Sauces, Rubs and Marinades-Steven Raichlen

So, we made it again last night. We only used 4 thighs, marinated for about 5 hrs. DH cut back on the butter. He grilled them with some delicious potato wedges and I steamed some broccoli. Oh and a Chocolate Martini before dinner Yes, a very good dinner indeed.
    Last edited by cookieee; 04-11-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
    Why am I starting this when we are just coming into Spring? Because I want to share with my friends a contest. www.bhg.com has a contest going for a $2,299 Webber Summit S-670 Gas Grill PLUS $10,00. You can enter every day till 5-31-11. Hope you enter and GOOD LUCK
    I'm sorry, unless you saved the contest to your favorites or whatever, you will have to search for it now. But, there are some new good ones.

Oh and a Chocolate Martini before dinner Yes, a very good dinner indeed.
    Cookieee, you last made this in 2005 and you remembered that you had a Chocolate Martini before dinner? Da*n you are good

It does look really good. We'll be able to start grilling more regularily before too long and I can't wait!

Danita

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwismommy View Post
    Cookieee, you last made this in 2005 and you remembered that you had a Chocolate Martini before dinner? Da*n you are good

It does look really good. We'll be able to start grilling more regularily before too long and I can't wait!

Danita

No, I'm not THAT good Thanks, forgot to say we had it last night again.

Oooooo, please share the recipe for the chocolate martini

Quote Originally Posted by dlaboriel View Post
    Oooooo, please share the recipe for the chocolate martini
    Glad to, but I don't have a recipe, just the ingredients. Vanilla vodka, Godiva dark chocolate liqueur and cream de caco. Rim the glass with cocoa. I hope you make it. It is soooo gooood

We grilled out last night for the first time this year. It was wonderful! We even had supper on the deck. I hadn't made Unbelievable Chicken in eight months, and it was delicious as ever. In fact, we're having a small dinner party next weekend and after eating this chicken, we decided to serve it since we plan to eat on the deck. This has been posted in several threads, and I'm sorry that I don't remember who originally posted it, but for those of you who haven't seen it before, here goes:

Unbelievable Chicken

INGREDIENTS:
    1/4 cup cider vinegar
    3 tablespoons prepared coarse-ground mustard (I use Grey Poupon)
    3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
    1 lime, juiced
    1/2 lemon, juiced
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    ground black pepper to taste
    6 tablespoons olive oil
    6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a large glass bowl, mix the cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, lime juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil. Place chicken in the mixture. Cover, and marinate 8 hours, or overnight.
    2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
    3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken on the prepared grill, and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear. Discard marinade.

Denise
    "If you're lucky enough to live in the mountains, you're lucky enough."

Your right Denise, this recipe does have quite a history here, but I think it is worth repeating. It is from the book "Lee Bailey's Good Parties" 1986. It is called "Charcoaled Marinated Chicken Breasts. (thanks testkitchen45) I can't believe it is not in my to try binder, but it is now Thanks!!

Oh, Cookieee, I know about your to try file(s). Make sure that recipe has just a brief stay in there. It's really good!!

Here's one I tried earlier this week. It says summer vegetables, but all of the veggies were on sale this week, so I tried it now. We've been watching Chopped, so the judge let me know that the green beans were a little underdone, but other than that it was a hit. I grilled it for about 10-12 minutes.

Tilapia & Summer Vegetable Packets

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/ti...e_packets.html
    From EatingWell: July/August 2007, EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)

Wrapping vegetables and fish in a foil packet for grilling or baking is a foolproof way to get moist, tender results. Tilapia and summer vegetables pair with olives and capers for a Mediterranean flair.

4 servings | Active Time: 35 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
    Ingredients

* 1 cup quartered cherry, or grape tomatoes
    * 1 cup diced summer squash
    * 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
    * 12 green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
    * 1/4 cup pitted and coarsely chopped black olives
    * 2 tablespoons lemon juice
    * 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
    * 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    * 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
    * 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
    * 1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into 4 equal portions

Preparation

1. Preheat grill to medium. (No grill? See Oven Variation, below.)
    2. Combine tomatoes, squash, onion, green beans, olives, lemon juice, oregano, oil, capers, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
    3. To make a packet, lay two 20-inch sheets of foil on top of each other (the double layers will help protect the contents from burning); generously coat the top piece with cooking spray. Place one portion of tilapia in the center of the foil. Sprinkle with some of the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, then top with about 3/4 cup of the vegetable mixture.
    4. Bring the short ends of the foil together, leaving enough room in the packet for steam to gather and cook the food. Fold the foil over and pinch to seal. Pinch seams together along the sides. Make sure all the seams are tightly sealed to keep steam from escaping. Repeat with more foil, cooking spray and the remaining fish, salt, pepper and vegetables.
    5. Grill the packets until the fish is cooked through and the vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. To serve, carefully open both ends of the packets and allow the steam to escape. Use a spatula to slide the contents onto plates.

Oven Variation: Preheat oven to 425°F. Place green beans in a microwavable bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Cover and microwave on High until the beans are just beginning to cook, about 30 seconds. Drain and add to the other vegetables (Step 2). Assemble packets (Steps 3-4). Bake the packets directly on an oven rack until the tilapia is cooked through and the vegetables are just tender, about 20 minutes.

Nutrition

Per serving : 181 Calories; 7 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 4 g Mono; 57 mg Cholesterol; 8 g Carbohydrates; 24 g Protein; 2 g Fiber; 435 mg Sodium; 591 mg Potassium

1/2 Carbohydrate Serving

Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetables, 3 very lean meat, 1 fat
    Alpogoalie: Any dog smart enough to use its paw to pin down a dog dish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Ann View Post
    Oh, Cookieee, I know about your to try file(s). Make sure that recipe has just a brief stay in there. It's really good!!

Here's one I tried earlier this week. It says summer vegetables, but all of the veggies were on sale this week, so I tried it now. We've been watching Chopped, so the judge let me know that the green beans were a little underdone, but other than that it was a hit. I grilled it for about 10-12 minutes.

Tilapia & Summer Vegetable Packets
    Mary Ann, you do know me

Thanks for the recipe. Perfect timing. I just decided yesterday to make DD a small binder with just Tilapia recipes. That is the fish that they eat the most. I don't have any fish recipes in my to try binder. What does that tell you?

Thanks Cookieee, I knew you'd help me out!

When I went home for lunch today, I found a can of pina colada mix and a package of boneless chicken breasts in the freezer and took them both out. I posted my Hawaiian Chicken recipe on another thread, and after posting on this one, I decided we needed to grill again tonight. It's beautiful here! It's sunny and 72 degrees! Perfection! Now if I can just remember to call my DH at 3:30 p.m. to start marinating the chicken.

Denise

Your welcome Denise

Isn't it great to have grilling weather here again?

Did you remember to call your husband at 3:30?

Cookieee, I did remember to call my husband, so when I got home last night, all I had to do was cook an onion and a red bell pepper in my grill pan while he grilled the chicken. It was wonderful, and I'm trying to figure out now what to take out at lunch -- something to grill again! I have got to start back planning our meals! Grilling simplifies the evening meal so much in my opinion. And it sure makes a difference in clean-up.

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by dcollier View Post
    Cookieee, I did remember to call my husband, so when I got home last night, all I had to do was cook an onion and a red bell pepper in my grill pan while he grilled the chicken. It was wonderful, and I'm trying to figure out now what to take out at lunch -- something to grill again! I have got to start back planning our meals! Grilling simplifies the evening meal so much in my opinion. And it sure makes a difference in clean-up.

Denise
    That's a good idea. I have tons of grilling recipes (and about 40 grilling cookbooks), I'm sure we can find something for DH to grill

Denise, here is one that we are going to make this week-end. Of course it means another call to DH for you.

Carolina Country Style Ribs

Recipe from PorkBeInspired.com

1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
    2 cups apple cider vinegar
    1 cup water, cold
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    2 tablespoons molasses, OR 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    1 tablespoon kosher salt
    1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne

Place ribs in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag, set aside. In 4-cup glass measure, stir together vinegar, water, oil, molasses, salt, red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper until salt is dissolved. Remove 1/2 cup marinade; set aside. Add remaining marinade to ribs; seal bag and marinate for 4 - 6 hours in the refrigerator. Remove ribs from marinade; discard marinade.

Prepare medium-hot fire; grill ribs over indirect heat for 50 to 60 minutes or until pork is tender and the internal temperature reaches 160º F. Baste ribs twice with reserved sauce mixture during last 15 minutes of grilling.
    Serves 6.

Ohhhhh, doesn't this just sound like summer I KNOW DH will really like that glaze. (red chile flakes, hot sauce)

Grilled Chicken with Watermelon GlazePrep: 20 minutes
    Grill: 50 minutes
    Stand: 10 minutes

Ingredients
    1 recipe Watermelon Glaze, recipe below
    1 whole chicken or 3-1/2 lbs. meaty chicken pieces
    1/2 tsp. kosher salt
    Snipped fresh herbs (optional)
    Directions
    1. Prepare Watermelon Glaze: Cut half of a small watermelon from the rind in chunks (about 4 cups of fruit). Cut remaining half of watermelon into wedges for serving; refrigerate until ready to serve. Place in a food mill or juicer and collect the juice. Or place watermelon chunks in blender. Cover; blend until nearly smooth. Pour mixture into a fine mesh sieve over a bowl; discard solid bits. Reserve 1 cup of the juice and drink or freeze the rest.
    In small saucepan melt 1, 12-oz. jar apple jelly over low heat, stirring often so it doesn't burn. Stir in 1 cup watermelon juice, the juice and zest of one small lime. Add 2 tsp. red chile flakes, 1 tsp. jalapeño hot sauce, and a pinch of salt. Mix and taste. Adjust seasoning as desired; remove from heat.
    Use warm, or let cool and transfer to a clean jar. Glaze will keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.

2. Remove chicken from packaging and pat dry with paper towels. To butterfly, using poultry or kitchen shears cut along each side of backbone to remove it (see "butterflying chicken," below). Turn chicken breast-side up. Open the two sides of the chicken as if you were opening a book, and lay it flat. Break breastbone by firmly applying pressure and pressing down. Tuck wing tips under upper wings.

3. Prepare grill for indirect grilling (see below). Brush chicken with olive oil. Season chicken on both sides with salt and black pepper. Place skin-side down, on center of grill over indirect medium heat.

4. Grill 25 minutes. Turn chicken over. Brush a little of the remaining 2/3 cup glaze on skin. Grill 25 to 30 minutes more, or until juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh registers 180 degrees F, brushing with glaze 2 more times.

5. Remove chicken from grill; brush with the reserved 1/3 cup glaze and let rest 10 minutes. Cut chicken into pieces. Serve with fresh watermelon wedges and sprinkle with herbs. Makes 6 servings.

Butterflying Chicken:Butterflying makes it easy to cook a whole chicken on the grill. Kitchen or poultry shears are the best tool for the job. Make a cut about 1-1/2 inches apart on both sides of the backbone, cutting all the way down, and remove backbone.

Indirect Grilling:This method positions the fire to one side or both ends of grill. Food sits over the unlit part, and the grill is covered so the food cooks from all sides. This is best for thicker cuts that need longer cooking like roasts and ribs.

Source: BH&G Grilling e-mail 4-14-2011

Cookieee, both of those recipes sound wonderful! I'll definitely try the ribs once Lent is over. The Grilled Chicken with Watermelon Glaze -- does BH&G have a new grilling cookbook, or did you get that by email? From their website?

Quote Originally Posted by dcollier View Post
    Cookieee, both of those recipes sound wonderful! I'll definitely try the ribs once Lent is over. The Grilled Chicken with Watermelon Glaze -- does BH&G have a new grilling cookbook, or did you get that by email? From their website?
    From their e-mail, called "Best of Grilling". Last week's was "Grilling the Perfect Burger" I'm sure if you went to their website you can sign up for it. In addition to the gas grill sweepstakes, they now have one for $5,000 for a "Dream Garden" one can enter every day till 7/31/2011

Yea!!! Another mag. is having a contest for a gas grill. This time it is Eating Well http://www.eatingwell.com/content/gr..._giveaway_2011 The prize is Weber's Genesis E-310. You just have to enter once between April 26,2011 and June 30,2011.

GOOD LUCK!!

A great sounding recipe from McCormick. See if you can find the mistake their proof-readers missed.

Cayenne-Cinnamon Ribs with Maple Glaze

This two-step cooking method for baby back ribs produces sweet-spicy ribs that are fall-of-the-bone tender.

Makes 8 servings.

1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    1 tablespoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
    1 tablespoon McCormick® Paprika
    1 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
    1 teaspoon McCormick® Red Pepper, Crushed or 1/2 to 1 teaspoon McCormick® Red Pepper, Ground
    1 teaspoon Sea Salt from McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
    3 pounds pork baby back ribs
    1/4 cup maple syrup

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix brown sugar and spices in small bowl. Rub spice mixture onto both sides of ribs. Place ribs in single layer in foil-lined roasting pan. Cover with foil.

2. Bake 1 hour or until meat starts to pull away from bones.

3. Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush ribs with maple syrup. Grill ribs 3 to 5 minutes per side or until browned.

All Grilling Directions: Preheat grill to low heat. Rub ribs with spice mixture as directed. Wrap ribs with 2 to 3 layers of heavy duty aluminum foil, sealing ends tightly. Grill ribs 1 hour. Remove foil. Brush ribs with maple syrup. Grill ribs 3 to 5 minutes per side or until browned.

Copyright © 2008 McCormick & Company

Ahhhh, my generation. When I saw this recipe, I KNEW I had to post it here. Any other rock and rollers here?

Rock 'n' Rollin' BBQ Baby Back Ribs

Active Time: 35 Minutes
    Total Time: 5 Hours 40 Minutes Serves 10 to 12

For Barbecue Paste:
    3 tablespoons ground cumin
    2 tablespoons California chili powder
    1 tablespoon pasilla chili powder
    2 tablespoons ground thyme
    1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
    1 tablespoon ground celery seed
    1 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
    1 1/2 cups very strong coffee
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    2 tablespoons black molasses
    1 1/8 teaspoons liquid smoke
    4 beef bouillon cubes

8 racks pork baby back ribs (about 12 pounds}
    1 cup hickory wood chips (optional)
    Barbecue sauce for serving

FOR BARBECUE PASTE: Combine all the spices and the brown sugar in a small bowl and set aside.

Combine the remaining paste ingredients in a medium saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the bouillon cubes dissolve, 3 to 5 minutes. Slowly add the spice mixture, stirring constantly, until thoroughly combined. Remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.

Thoroughly rub the ribs with the paste. Place the ribs in a deep, wide pan, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight. If you have any barbecue paste left over, cover and refrigerate it.

Prepare a fire in a charcoal grill. If using the hickory chips, soak them in water to cover. When the coals are at medium-low heat, drain the chips (if using) and sprinkle half of them over the coals. Place the ribs on the cooking rack, cover the grill, partially open the vents, and cook for 30 to 40 minutes, turning frequently. Sprinkle the remaining hickory chips over the coals after 20 minutes.

Remove the ribs from the grill and serve dry or with a favorite barbecue sauce on the side.

Source: cooking.com-Patio Daddy-O-Gideon Bosker, Karen Brooks, and Leland and Crystal Payton

Thumbs up Thanks for great recipe for ribs!

My hubby and neighbors raved over this recipe. Thank you!!

Cayenne-Cinnamon Ribs with Maple Glaze

This two-step cooking method for baby back ribs produces sweet-spicy ribs that are fall-of-the-bone tender.

Makes 8 servings.

1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    1 tablespoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
    1 tablespoon McCormick® Paprika
    1 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
    1 teaspoon McCormick® Red Pepper, Crushed or 1/2 to 1 teaspoon McCormick® Red Pepper, Ground
    1 teaspoon Sea Salt from McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
    3 pounds pork baby back ribs
    1/4 cup maple syrup

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix brown sugar and spices in small bowl. Rub spice mixture onto both sides of ribs. Place ribs in single layer in foil-lined roasting pan. Cover with foil.

2. Bake 1 hour or until meat starts to pull away from bones.

3. Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush ribs with maple syrup. Grill ribs 3 to 5 minutes per side or until browned.

All Grilling Directions: Preheat grill to low heat. Rub ribs with spice mixture as directed. Wrap ribs with 2 to 3 layers of heavy duty aluminum foil, sealing ends tightly. Grill ribs 1 hour. Remove foil. Brush ribs with maple syrup. Grill ribs 3 to 5 minutes per side or until browned.

Copyright © 2008 McCormick & Company

Your welcome, so glad everyone liked them.

Thanks for reminding me. I forgot about the spelling mistake they made.

"This two-step cooking method for baby back ribs produces sweet-spicy ribs that are (fall-of-the-bone tender.)"

This is just one of 28 delicious burger recipes you will find when you enter the contest.

Casablanca Burgers Prep: 20 minutes
    Grill: 14 minutes

Ingredients
    1 lb. ground beef (85% lean)
    1/3 cup finely snipped dried apricots
    2 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
    2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. ground cumin
    1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. ground coriander
    1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
    4 kaiser rolls
    1 recipe Moroccan Ketchup
    4 leaves red leaf lettuce
    1 medium tomato, sliced
    Directions
    1. In a large bowl combine beef, apricots, pine nuts, cilantro, garlic, salt, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, and pepper. Shape mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.

2. For a charcoal grill, grill patties on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 14 to 18 minutes or until done (160 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on grill rack over heat. Cover; grill as above.) Serve burgers on rolls topped with Moroccan Ketchup, lettuce, and tomatoes. Makes 4 servings.

3. Moroccan Ketchup: In a small bowl combine 1/3 cup ketchup, 1/8 tsp. ground cumin, 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1/8 tsp. ground coriander, and 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper.
    Ooooooooo. Well worth trying. I love, love, love Moroccan food

Oh my, where have I been? PETE EVANS !!!!!!! If you don't have F & W 6/11, next time you go to the store, buy it or look on page 120,(pg 122 in swim trunks) Oh my, oh my drool drool. This recipe of his below, will get me off the hook with DH for drooling.

Rib Eye Steaks with Pete's Barbecue Sauce

1 cup red wine vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
    1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for grilling
    1/4 cup finely chopped onion
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 teaspoon cumin seeds
    2 tablespoons light brown sugar
    2 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
    1 cup smoky barbecue sauce
    1 teaspoon sambal oelek
    Salt and freshly ground pepper
    4 rib eye steaks on the bone, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound each)
    Rosemary sprigs, for garnish

In a medium saucepan, combine the vinegar, dry mustard and cloves and simmer over moderate heat until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Transfer the vinegar to a heatproof bowl.
    Wipe out the saucepan.
    Add the 2 tablespoons of oil to the saucepan, along with the onion, garlic and cumin. Cook over moderately low heat until the onion is softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the brown sugar and tomatoes and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the reduced vinegar and the barbecue sauce and simmer until reduced to 2 cups, about 5 minutes. Transfer the sauce to a blender and puree until smooth. Add the sambal oelek and season with salt and pepper.

Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Rub the steaks with oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until the steaks are lightly charred and medium-rare, about 6 minutes total. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes, then garnish with rosemary and serve with the barbecue sauce.

Source: F & W June 2011-Pete Evans

Oh my, where have I been? PETE EVANS !!!!!!! If you don't have F & W 6/11, next time you go to the store, buy it or look on page 120,(pg 122 in swim trunks)
    Here is some more info on Pete Evans from the Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pete Evans
    Born Peter Daryl Evans
    Melbourne
    Residence North Bondi
    Nationality Australian
    Occupation Chef
    Years active 1993 – present
    Television My Kitchen Rules
    Partner Astrid
    Children Chilli, Indi
    Website
    peterevanschef.com.au
    Peter Daryl "Pete" Evans (born 1973 in Melbourne) is an Australian chef, author and television personality.

ChefEvans opened his first restaurant, The Pantry, in 1993 with his brother Dave. They went on to open the Hugos Group, which includes a chain of restaurants and catering and events divisions.

Television host Evans has appeared in or hosted a range of television cooking programs, including Fresh with the Australian Women's Weekly (2007 - 2009), Home, Fish and Cooking For Our Princess Mary.

Since 2010, he has been the co-host and judge on My Kitchen Rules.[3] along with Manu Feildel.

Author Evans has written the following books:

Fish (2007)
    My Table (2008)
    My Grill (2009)
    My Pantry (2010)
    My Kitchen (2011

Does anyone have any of his books, especially the grilling one? Would like to know what you think of it.