Community Message Boards

Thread: rose flower pie ?

rose flower pie ?

I found a picture (on my food file on my computer) of a pie that has apples or nectarines thinly sliced and rolled like a rose flower. Peel side is out and the inner look yellow which is why I'm thinking nectarine and not apple. The pic just shows the bottom crust and the fruit flowers without any type of custard or other filler. I have no clue where I copied this from, perhaps this board, perhaps online and I can't find the recipe. Does this sound familiar to anyone? This was in the days before I discovered documentation.
    Anne

Nope not familiar but it sure sounds attractive, so I searched while waiting for biscotti and granola to bake and found a beautiful picture and recipe here - I've posted the translated page, may take a while to download - it is a Bulgarian site so if you don't want to open don't. I found it searching for "rose apple pies" using google images if you just want to see a picture. It does have an orange flavoured custard and numerous rose-shaped apple flowers and was posted on a blog by Yoli with how-to pics - just mouth-wateringly beautiful!
    Cheers! Andy

Is it this recipe, from Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook?

http://bakingthroughmsbh.wordpress.c...ectarine-tart/
    -Faygie

Life Tastes Good

Faygs - the MS recipe must be the one but the photo I have is not identical. hAndyman I like the idea of adding a custard. I think I'm going to have to make this some time during the holidays.
    Anne

I just saw a recipe like that the other day, on bonappetit.com-- it was a pear tart by Dorie Greenspan:

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/20...zed_pistachios