Community Message Boards

Thread: Need some Good Vibes for NCLEX....

Need some Good Vibes for NCLEX....

Hi All!

So apparently these days it is "All about me" - sorry. I promise eventually it will be all about you guys again-haha. But I have my nursing boards (NCLEX) on Friday and I'm pretty much freaking out....

They start at 8am Friday. If you think about it, please think some good thoughts and pass along those great "passing/good vibes" to me.

I'll need a job too, but we can work on those vibes after this test, haha.

Thanks everyone!

Michelle
    Laugh when you can!!!

Here's my best mojo Michelle! Best of luck to you.
    You can't drink rum on the beach all day if you don't start in the morning.

good thoughts and best wishes headed your way
    Anne

Sending great memory vibes, and best wishes for the exam! And a good night's sleep the night before! You'll do great!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Best of luck, Michelle - you'll do great!
    The motive power of democracy is love. ~ Henri Bergson

I'll be sending you good thoughts all through Friday. You'll do great!
    We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
    -M. Acklam

Just take a deep breath and you will be ok. Good wishes being sent from an old nurse to a new one!!

Thanks everyone!!!! The good vibes worked. I passed (with flying colors). Really appreciate it all....

Now time to take a deep breath and find a job:^) Easier said than done!!! The hurdles never end, but so glad to be done with school and that crazy test!!!!!

Woohoo!!!

Michelle
    Laugh when you can!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlon13 View Post
    Thanks everyone!!!! The good vibes worked. I passed (with flying colors). Really appreciate it all....

Now time to take a deep breath and find a job:^) Easier said than done!!! The hurdles never end, but so glad to be done with school and that crazy test!!!!!

Woohoo!!!

Michelle
    Congratulation Michelle, I am very happy for you

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlon13 View Post

Woohoo!!!

Michelle
    Yay for you!!! Congratulations!

I'm sure you'll find a job quickly, with your credentials and experience! Good job vibes now coming your way!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Great!

Way to go Michelle!

You'll find a job, my thoughts, crossed fingers and prayers are with you now...keep us updated.
    EmptyNestMom
    Grandma Pam to 3

"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." – Julia Child

I knew you could do it!! If you want to work in a certain area ( I mean like pediatrics or something) the best way to find a job is to find out who the floor nurse manager is rather than go through the hospital human resources. Make an appointment for an interview with her and you will get farther, faster.

Thank you all so much. I was scared out of my mind, so I'm so glad I did it!

Suzan25, thank you so much, that is great advice!!! And I do agree with you, it is just finding out those people's information, but I will keep at it!!!

Unfortunately what I have going against me is the fact that I got an Associate's and not a Bachelor's. I have a Bachelor's and Master's in another health related field but everyone keeps saying it doesn't matter. It's very frustrating, but I'm trying to not get too upset about it already-though that was hard when my own HR dept told me that my manager wants someone with a BSN - which I understand, but there isn't really any difference between the BS I have and a BS in nursing..... But I"m going to keep going and get either a BSN or MSN, but I just need a job between then and now.....

Ah well, I'll keep at it. And keep trying to get the managers name to speak to them directly! Thank you so much and any other advice is welcomed!!!

Michelle
    Laugh when you can!!!

Didn't see your note that you passed earlier. Congratulations! Hope you can get credit for the associates degree and the credits on your BS that would be the same so you can get the second BS with a minimum. Have you checked out how many hours they will transfer? Or are you running into a minimum number of hours?

Good luck in the job hunt -- and hope you find a spot that will work with you and support you in getting the BS.

Congratulations and good luck!

Congratulations!!! Sending good vibes for your job hunt.
    We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
    -M. Acklam

Thank you all so much!!!

So stressful, but I will tell you - it is just so nice to NOT be studying anymore-haha. LOVE IT!!! I know that will only last so long, but i'm taking full advantage!

Cleaning closets, getting rid of books and notes, dusting, vaccuming, working a ton, reading (reading The Help now), exercising, taking baths, reading my fave cooking mags (clean eating and eating well), catching up with friends, etc.., etc..., etc.... So much happier. Life is so much greener on this side-hahahahaha, sounds bad (I know), but it's so true.

On a very good note - my manager told me that she really wants to hire me and she thinks they will have a 24 hour position to offer me probably in about a month, so I will keep sending out resumes, but I am excited about this (it is on a slow pediatrics unit, but I'm thinking it is a good place to start and I'll in the Level II nursery too). So I finally feel after 2 very long (pretty awful) years that my life is coming together - loving that I moved to NH and that I love my new home and meeting new people and joined a great running club and looking forward to joining a local tri club and living only 2 hours from family which makes it so much more doable..... like I said... so much greener on this side And I'm getting lots crossed off on my "New Years/2012 Goal" List already

Thanks for all the support everyone!!! I so appreciate it!!

Michelle
    Laugh when you can!!!