Community Message Boards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip

Question Question about Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip

What kind of crackers would you serve with this dip? I made it a long time ago and cannot remember. I'm making it for Super Bowl and am serving with celery sticks and crackers....i looked at all the crackers at store but none seemed right! Any suggestions??

Thanks!!!!
    Everyone needs to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. . .

Maybe tortilla chips instead of crackers?

To follow a theme -- Nabisco and other companies make chicken flavored snack crackers.
    The cardiologist's diet: - If it tastes good spit it out!

I guess i will do Tortilla chips over crackers. I have had the Chicken Biskit crackers that are chicken flavored, but i can't picture it together since the crackers have such a distinct flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by daisylover View Post
    Maybe tortilla chips instead of crackers?
    We've done this, and it works great. My favorite dipper, though, is toast. Slice and toast a baguette, and then use the toast to scoop up the dip.
    Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
    Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?

I'm food bloggin' almost daily at Tummy Treasure!

I plan on making the buffalo dip too. I'm going to serve it with celery and Stacy's pita chips.

Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    I plan on making the buffalo dip too. I'm going to serve it with celery and Stacy's pita chips.
    Yup, that's what I served with it last year and plan to do the same this year. I like that the pita chips are a bit sturdier, since the dip has some "heft". I tried it with tortilla chips and ended up breaking a lot of them when dipping, so switched to Stacy's.

I usually use the multi-grain Tostitos Scoops with celery & carrot sticks. I really like the baguette slices idea - will have to try that!
    Exploring the restaurants in my backyard and cooking up a storm at MassachusEATS!
    http://massachuseats.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mrswaz View Post
    My favorite dipper, though, is toast. Slice and toast a baguette, and then use the toast to scoop up the dip.
    Do you provide a serving spoon to transfer dip to a small plate?

I like the idea of pita chips better than tortilla chips. I will do pita chips, celery and carrot sticks.

Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    Do you provide a serving spoon to transfer dip to a small plate?
    Yes, but usually that spoon ends up being really superfluous as everyone ends up standing around the bowl of dip scooping and eating, not believing how delicious it is.

The chicken dip also works great if you spread it on the baguette slices, top with a bit of bleu cheese and toss under the broiler for just a few seconds. That way is also a little more classy if you wanted to dress up the dip a bit.
    Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?

I love this dip with the big hefty Fritos scoops. I'm gaining weight just thinking about it.
    "Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
    Use an egg carton like everyone else and stop being such a poser." - The Little Book of Wrong Shui

Quote Originally Posted by gilgamesh37 View Post
    i love this dip with the big hefty fritos scoops. I'm gaining weight just thinking about it.
    xxxx LOL!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Quote Originally Posted by mrswaz View Post
    Yes, but usually that spoon ends up being really superfluous as everyone ends up standing around the bowl of dip scooping and eating, not believing how delicious it is.
    I guess I am too squeamish, but the idea of people dipping, eating a bite, then putting the same baguette back into the dip bowl freaks me out.

It's sort of like New York patrons dipping their hands into a bowl of Bar Nuts or Popcorn - who knows, or even dares to speculate, where those hands were last?

I guess I am too squeamish, but the idea of people dipping, eating a bite, then putting the same baguette back into the dip bowl freaks me out.

It's sort of like New York patrons dipping their hands into a bowl of Bar Nuts or Popcorn - who knows, or even dares to speculate, where those hands were last?

Kind of the like the public trough at food/gift stores! I yell at the DH all the time for dipping. I also remind him where those hands and fingers might have been! BLECK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Ann K. View Post
    I like that the pita chips are a bit sturdier, since the dip has some "heft".
    I use Triscuits for the same reason.
    "Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you."
    ~Tommy Smothers

Melba toast rounds or tortilla rounds. The Frito big scoop idea is a great one! I like to eat mine with celery, so I feel I can eat more

Oh, you guys with all the double dipping are grossing me out.

Don't forget the dirty hands grabbing the "dippers" out of the bowl. DH told me he won't touch the bowls of chips or even the candy bowl at work, since most of the men don't wash their hands after using the bathroom. GROSS!

Would someone kindly post the recipe? I've been thinking about making it for Sunday, so this is very timely.

Thanks!

Lol, that's why I get the baguettes that are small in diameter. Someone like my DH will dip in once and pop the whole thing in his mouth. For myself, I just dip extra and bite the baguette in half in just such a way that I get dip with both bites.

No double dipping here! Ew! (Unless, of course, I'm by myself eating out of a small bowl at lunch time or something.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alleycat View Post
    DH told me he won't touch the bowls of chips or even the candy bowl at work, since most of the men don't wash their hands after using the bathroom. GROSS!
    EEEWWW!
    Kay

There are tons of recipes floating around, but i just shred a rotisserie chicken (can also use two cans of chicken), simmer with a bottle of Franks hot sauce (yes I like the whole bottle), then separately heat 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese with about a cup of blue cheese dressing (can use ranch if you prefer), mix in some diced celery and blue cheese crumbles, then layer the chicken in a pie plate or baking dish, put the cream cheese mixture on top and heat in the oven....when almost heated through, add shredded cheddar and heat a few more minutes. Then grub!

I did decide on serving with carrot sticks, celerys sticks and Fritos Scoops! :-)

Those rotisserie chickens are too salty for me. I think I'll roast a chicken on Saturday and use the leftovers for the dip on Sunday.

My friend just shared this version with me, from a blog called dashingdish.com. I'm going to try this one this weekend.

Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
    from www.dashingdish.com

Ingredients:

1/2 (8oz) package fat free cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (or low fat sour cream)
    1 1/2 tbs Spicy Ranch Dry Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix (or the regular ranch dry mix will work)
    1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or blue cheese)
    1/2 cup Franks RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce (more or less depending on desired heat)
    1 1/2 cup chicken, cooked and shredded (or pulled)

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a small baking dish with non-stick spray.
    In a bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients. Add the pulled chicken, and stir until well combined.
    Spoon mixture into baking dish, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until dip is warmed through and cheese is melted. Serve warm with baked chips, celery sticks, or other veggies!

If it doesn't have blue cheese, it's not really Buffalo dip!
    Kay

Can't stand blue. I'm glad Ranch has become an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    Those rotisserie chickens are too salty for me. I think I'll roast a chicken on Saturday and use the leftovers for the dip on Sunday.
    Any chicken will do.

I like the Frito scoop idea. DH said he would like Ruffles.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt View Post
    I like the Frito scoop idea. DH said he would like Ruffles.
    Hi!!!!!!!! :-) I sure wish you could come to Super Bowl!! Miss you a lot!!!!!!

I think Ruffles would not be strong enough.

Do you think this would still be good without chicken? I have seen some recipes with chicken subs, but I was thinking about leaving it out completely. Any thoughts?

TIA!
    The World doesn't revolve around you...you're just dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by Remoulade Sauce View Post
    Do you think this would still be good without chicken? I have seen some recipes with chicken subs, but I was thinking about leaving it out completely. Any thoughts?

TIA!
    Hmmmm.....I think it would be strange. Are you trying to make it vegetarian, is that why no chicken? Maybe if you were to put extra celery for some texture, but I don't know....I might make something else!