Community Message Boards
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weight Watchers/Weight Loss Support - February 2012

Congratulations from me too, Cocoa'smom! What a great start! And for me at least, it gets easier!

I lost 1.2 pounds last night. It made me very happy since I did not follow the good health guidelines as well as I should have. But I do stay within my points, whether I eat as well as I should or not. I also used all but 5 of my weekly allowance points. Honestly, I still lose well eating them.

Denise
    "If you're lucky enough to live in the mountains, you're lucky enough."

Denise,
    Congrats on your loss! Way to go...sometimes eating different things helps with weight loss, and it looks like it worked for you!
    EmptyNestMom
    Grandma Pam to 3

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.-Proverbs

Do any of you subscribe to WW magazine? I picked up a copy yesterday, never noticed it before. Opinions on the recipes?

I've been working hard. did treadmill and cathe's Lower Body Blast yesterday, did her GS back biceps this morning. doing a minimum of 1 hr per day, most days more.
    "If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle." Rita Mae Brown

Valerie, I used to get the magazine a long time ago...but then they changed the format, put lots more ads, added articles I wasn't interested in so I quit getting it. Every once in a while I will buy one but then as I go through it I realize I don't want to spend the money on a subscription. I may be in the minority though...

I am really impressed with the amount of exercise you do!!! I guess in comparison I am a sliggard ...but my way works for me so I won't let it bother me too long. I do wish at times I had the desire to exercise more...but what can I say???
    EmptyNestMom
    Grandma Pam to 3

I'm one of those unlucky people who does not burn calories very effectively. I need to exercise or I'd be a blimp no matter how little I eat. It happens that I like it, usually, and like outdoor physical activity ... need to exercise to stay in shape for skiing, hiking, biking. those things are no fun if you have to spend half the season getting in shape to do them. better to just "maintain" an activity level so you can do the stuff without it hurting.

Did Cathe's Back /Bicep workout yesterday. we tried to ski today but weather was wet and sloppy. came home and will do something here instead.

I looked thru the mag, nothing jumped out at me. since I dropped the CL subscription I've been looking for a replacement. looked at Clean Eating too. I get Eating Well and use a few things from there but overall I'm not crazy about their recipes.

spam reported

Couple questions for you:

1- I am a returning Lifetime member and just joined E-Tools.

It does not seem to give me info about the new program. Do we only get the info at meetings?

2- The last weight in was a year ago. I am going back tomorrow. Last year I got the PointsPlus booklets.

What is the program now? Is it different from last year?

Thanks.
    Helene

''In cooking, as in all the arts, simplicity is the sign of perfection.''
    -Curnonsky

My Blog: La Cuisine d'Helene

Twitter: @lacuisinehelene

Helene - I probably shouldn't be answering since i haven't been to a meeting in over a year, but I think the only change is that there is now a lower limit on points, it goes down to 26 depending on how much you weigh/age/height.

Somebody who is actually actively working WW should be able to give you a better answer.
    Democrats are Sexy. Who has ever heard of a good piece of elephant?

Quote Originally Posted by helene View Post
    Couple questions for you:

1- I am a returning Lifetime member and just joined E-Tools.

It does not seem to give me info about the new program. Do we only get the info at meetings?

2- The last weight in was a year ago. I am going back tomorrow. Last year I got the PointsPlus booklets.

What is the program now? Is it different from last year?

Thanks.
    I didn't do WW last year, but I think the main difference is the point limits are a bit lower, like tbb113 said. There may be other little things, but that is the main one. The low limit is 26 instead of 29, although they said that if you lost with 29 last time, it is Ok to stay at 29 if you need to. I'm not sure about etools. It seems like it should explain things, but maybe not?

Helene -- I use etools but I'm at at work member, too, so I'm wondering if mine looks a little different than yours. What do you see when you click on my plan?
    Stacy

I am attending weekly meetings, and the only real change this year was that the minimum did drop from 29 to 26 points -- and only if you're comfortable with that. I was at the minimum and wondered if it would be difficult for me to drop three more points, but it wasn't.

Valerie, I'm blown away by the amount of exercise you do. I cannot imagine why you're not burning lots and lots of calories.

I do subscribe to WW magazine and I enjoy it. I don't like all the recipes, but I've gotten several good ones from it. And I also like reading the success stories.

Denise

Today was weigh in and I lost .6 pounds! I am now down 7.2...have a ways to go but I am feeling so good. It's amazing how good I feel when I begin to take charge and make choices and changes...I think a walk taller and I certainly feel better about all aspects of my life.

Of course I followed up the WW weigh in with food from out at work food day...but I didn't keep going back for 2nd or 3rds! I also passed up certain foods which I know would cause my craving mode to kick in...and then tonight is Supper Club...but I will get through it and enjoy myself, just eat less...

I do hope the rest of the week goes well for everyone...
    Just curious...what are your trigger foods? Mine are very sweet desserts and the exact opposite, red onions at lunch time! Of course there are many others I just plain like to eat, but if I start eating them I will usually stick with them and not just eat anything!
    EmptyNestMom
    Grandma Pam to 3

congrats on the loss emptynestmom. 7.2 overall is terrific.

I exercise a lot and I am hungry a lot but no losses. no gains either, stable. I am not terribly much overweight, probably 10 or maybe 15 lbs, pretty muscular for a women. my whole family is obese, I am the only one who isn't. both brother & sister with T2 diabetes. as I've gotten older I'm really seeing how much less I can eat and still maintain.
    We got a spin bike and I'm working on that as a new low impact way to burn calories and increase leg strength. you do a lot of work in not much time on a spin bike. Did 45 mins yesterday plus the Ab section from Turbo Barre. I can't go as fast as the Cathe team but I am able to do the whole thing in better form than the first time. still playing with seat height and forward/backward placement.

Bought a copy of CL today for the first time in a year. Want to see if the format is "calmed down" and if the recipes seem interesting again.

Great job, Pam! I know what you mean about how losing weight makes you feel. Trigger foods for me are salty, then sweet, then salty.....you get the picture! More than anything, it's trigger TIME. Late afternoons. You know, snack time after school, yup - that's me.

I lost 1.2 this week. First time in a while...amazing what tracking does for you, huh???

Valerie -- I still take CL, Every Day Food, Rachael Ray....that may be it. I let my Food Network lapse, I think. I'm finding most of my recipes from Pinterest these days, though. A picture is worth a thousand words. Although, it's leading me to more desserts, too. I've tried the WW magazine before but never made too much. I think their recipes have gotten better, though. More real foods, fewer gimmicks. CL is better than it was but it's a little dumbed-down. I still miss some of the "foodie features". But I don't have time for that right now, anyway, so not a huge loss at the moment.

Red beans & rice tonight in honor of Fat Tuesday! House smells good.
    Stacy

Good morning!

Congratulations on all the losses! I hopped on the scale this morning and was happy to see that the weight I had found last week was gone this morning. I've been logging between 30 - 45 minutes on the treadmill each day, chugging water and eating an average of 35 points per day. Hmm. Maybe eating more was the key.

Has anyone ever used My Fitness Pal? When I started this 100 Day Challenge through work, I had started using it. It told me I needed to eat 1250 calories a day to lose 1.5 pounds a week. I tried it for 3 weeks and ended up gaining rather than losing. Makes me wonder how they calcualte their numbers.

I picked up a subscription to WW Magazie for $5 somewhere online. I had picked up a couple of issue before but I don't care for the new format. The recipes are not really recipes anymore and the format drives me crazy. I do get Cooking Light, Rachael Ray, Food Network, Everyday Food and I have an online sunscription for Cook's Illustrated. I go back and forth on Eating Well, but I got a free 1 year subscription as part of this challenge.

Just noticed the time and the fact I'm not hearing little feet upstairs.
    Maria

Attended my first meeting, since a year, yesterday and they gave me the new program in a nice small blue bag. They said it's for Lifetime members. Also they gave me a code for 8 weeks of free E-Tools. I like it since I can use it on my Ipad.

She told me that now I am at 26 pts a day instead of 29. She also said to attend the three PowerStart session. I guess it's new this year.

She said that now Lifetimer get free E-Tools and that after 8 wks I can ask her for a new code. I guess WW wants us to go back every month in order to benefit from this.

I hope to stick with the program this time and weight in every month and attend at least one meeting a month. I still think it's a great program.
    Helene

-Curnonsky

Congratulations everyone! Looks like a good weight loss week...

Valerie - have you had a chance to look through the CL Magazine? What do you think? I wasn't too impressed this month with the recipes...could be just me though.

Stacy - I love red beans and rice...!! Who am I kidding I love any kind of beans and rice (even if they don't always like me)
    I do think that tracking is a key to my losses this go-round...I hate to track but have mostly been doing it and it has kept me losing...

Maria! Yeah...it is so nice when the scale starts moving in a downward trend! It is so discouraging to do everything right and then not see any results on the scales. Keep it up, I'll be interested to see if eating more is the key to your loss.

Helene - Glad you went in to the meeting and found out all of the changes...I didn't know about the free e-tools for lifetime...maybe I'll have to ask...I have been paying to be a member online & at meeting price which is a break over the weekly price...looking forward to hearing more from you as the weeks go by

I am wishing everyone else a great week!
    EmptyNestMom
    Grandma Pam to 3

I picked up a copy of CL yesterday but a glance through shows the new format is still screaming. can't tell the ads from the content. I was hoping it would settle down into something less garish but no. I will try to look at the recipes if I can find them.

WW didn't seem to have much "cooking' with lots of frozen vegies and nothing very interesting. a lot of individual serving things, whereas I like to make 4 serving main dishes so we have leftovers. so not awful but not what I was looking for. EW seems like it will be good but there's always some ingredient that is unavailable or too weird. I have many years of their older issues I use.

I don't have any major food triggers, but overall eat a little too much. I have some wine with dinner every day and I'm trimming there. 1 tiny piece of chocolate every night. pizza is a trigger, I want to eat the whole thing so I don't have it around often. mostly my eating is good and food choices are good, I just eat a little more than I should.
    Bawstinn, 1250 a week with exercise should work, that's not many calories. I bet if you stick with that and the exercise, suddenly several lbs will drop.

I'm still here and slowly dropping some weight. I'm not sure why since I've been eating more 'crap' than usual. But I'm not complaining.

Weather here is supposed to be just beautiful for the next couple of days with tomorrow's high flirting with mid-70's. It will go back down to the 60's for the weekend but I'm not complaining. I like warm sunny days and I'll take them whenever they show up.

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyNestMom View Post
    Helene - Glad you went in to the meeting and found out all of the changes...I didn't know about the free e-tools for lifetime...maybe I'll have to ask...I have been paying to be a member online & at meeting price which is a break over the weekly price...looking forward to hearing more from you as the weeks go by

I am wishing everyone else a great week!
    She gave me a sheet with the info that says: Now all Lifetime Members who meet certain eligibility criteria may receive free eTools, just like they receive free meetings!

-Need to attend mtgs once per calendar month and weigh in within two pounds of their weight goal may receive a Lifetime Member Free eTools Voucher with an access code for 8 wks of eTools for free. Lifetime Members are only eligible to receive one Free eTools Voucher per calendar month.
    Helene

-Curnonsky

Helene That explains it..thanks...I am a lifetime member but need to do a lot of work to get back to within 2 pounds of my lifetime weight...something to work towards! Thanks for the clarification!
    EmptyNestMom
    Grandma Pam to 3

She gave me a sheet with the info that says: Now all Lifetime Members who meet certain eligibility criteria may receive free eTools, just like they receive free meetings!

-Need to attend mtgs once per calendar month and weigh in within two pounds of their weight goal may receive a Lifetime Member Free eTools Voucher with an access code for 8 wks of eTools for free. Lifetime Members are only eligible to receive one Free eTools Voucher per calendar month.
    Ooooh...I might actually wander over and attend a meeting since I'm below my lifetime goal. Note: lifetime goal is not my goal weight. I would like to be lower but I plateaued for 6 weeks and called it my lifetime weight and they agreed
    Last edited by tbb113; 02-22-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Pam, good for you! My weight loss has certainly slowed down since I started last July, but I'm still very happy with any loss! I have a lot of triggers, and I deal with them by not having them around 95% of the time. The two biggest triggers: chocolate (specifically peanut butter cups) and chips -- that salty/sweet thing.

Stacy, congrats to you too! When I lose over a pound, I'm thrilled!

Maria, congratulations to you too! And I've always had better losses when I've eaten more that week. Not too much, mind you, but all my points, most of my weekly points, etc.

Helene, welcome back. I think Weight Watchers is a great plan too. I feel better, so much better, since joining.

I've had a terrible cold this week -- today is day 5 and I finally feel as though I might be turning the corner to improving. Getting through the days at work has been a struggle so my sweet DH has pretty much taken over supper each night. Which isn't always a good thing. I've skimped on veggies again this week, simply because I've been down for the count once I've gotten home, so I'm not sure what the scale will say tomorrow night. But Friday starts a new week!

Denise

Attended my first meeting, since a year, yesterday and they gave me the new program in a nice small blue bag. They said it's for Lifetime members. Also they gave me a code for 8 weeks of free E-Tools. I like it since I can use it on my Ipad.

She told me that now I am at 26 pts a day instead of 29. She also said to attend the three PowerStart session. I guess it's new this year.

She said that now Lifetimer get free E-Tools and that after 8 wks I can ask her for a new code. I guess WW wants us to go back every month in order to benefit from this.

I hope to stick with the program this time and weight in every month and attend at least one meeting a month. I still think it's a great program.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmptyNestMom View Post
    Helene That explains it..thanks...I am a lifetime member but need to do a lot of work to get back to within 2 pounds of my lifetime weight...something to work towards! Thanks for the clarification!
    Thanks for the clarification -- I'm with Pam -- LOTS of work to do to get back to free lifetime status!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Hope you reach it soon. I've played with eTools today and it's fun since it has a calculator online.
    Helene

-Curnonsky

If anyone has Etools from the US can you look for the following info for me please. I have Etools Canada and can't find the info.

In-N-Out burger:

Cheeseburger with onions (if I take their nutrition data and enter on my etools it comes to 13 pts)

Fries: (comes to 6 pts)

I just want to verify that I have these number right.

Thanks!
    Helene

-Curnonsky

Sorry, Helene, I don't have etools so I can't help you.

My meeting is tonight, so wish me luck! My DH lost 4 pounds last week and 3 pounds this week, eating just like me! The dirty dog!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by dcollier View Post

My meeting is tonight, so wish me luck! My DH lost 4 pounds last week and 3 pounds this week, eating just like me! The dirty dog!

Denise
    Hi Denise,

good luck tonight. Let us know how it went.
    Helene

-Curnonsky

Quote Originally Posted by dcollier View Post

Denise
    Never seems fair that men can lose weight so much faster than women. Really and truly, I don't need to hold on to the weight in case I get pregnant. I'm too old and not having sex anyways

If anyone has Etools from the US can you look for the following info for me please. I have Etools Canada and can't find the info.

In-N-Out burger:

Cheeseburger with onions (if I take their nutrition data and enter on my etools it comes to 13 pts)

Fries: (comes to 6 pts)

I just want to verify that I have these number right.

Thanks!
    Helene -- I have the same points for the cheeseburger. The fries are 11 points for a 125g serving. They only list one size. I don't know but it would not surprise me at all if we have larger sizes here. I think your fine using the information you looked up.
    Stacy