Community Message Boards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Security Warnings

Security Warnings

A pop-up window has begun to appear with each page we open on the CL site, stating that there is no valid certificate for that page. You have to hit "cancel" to be able to access it. What's up?
    Chacun à son goût!

I only have it when I first sign on to CL. Says invalid certificate. Does not match. What is this all about?

Mine says "Internet Explorer blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors." It pops up with each thread I open.

For me it pops up for every CL window I open. I hope someone administrative notices this thread soon and does something about it, because it makes it really annoying to try to navigate this site!
    Chacun à son goût!

Quote Originally Posted by RiverFarm View Post
    For me it pops up for every CL window I open. I hope someone administrative notices this thread soon and does something about it, because it makes it really annoying to try to navigate this site!
    Same thing is happening to me.

9 days and still no response. CL, what is going on?

If you click on "continue" in the alert window, the warning goes away and doesn't return. That's what several of us have done. Try it and see if it works for you.
    Chacun à son goût!

Helloooooooooooooo Is anyone there? This security warning is really irritating. Is anyone going to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by alicerh View Post
    Helloooooooooooooo Is anyone there? This security warning is really irritating. Is anyone going to fix this?
    Again, if you click on "continue" in the alert window, the warning goes away and doesn't return. That's what several of us have done. Try it and see if it works for you.
    Chacun à son goût!

Again, if you click on "continue" in the alert window, the warning goes away and doesn't return. That's what several of us have done. Try it and see if it works for you.
    I have to click on Continue, then I have to go back a page, then the CLBB is available. And I have to do that every time I check in. It is VERY annoying. Plus the constant stream of spammers is not helpful either.
    Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.

Okay, that's not what has been happening to me, although just now I got the security window again for the first time since I clicked "continue" about a week ago. That sounds like a real hassle; I don't know why no one is addressing it, since it obviously doesn't have a simple fix for all of us, just for some.
    Chacun à son goût!

Okay, that's not what has been happening to me, although just now I got the security window again for the first time since I clicked "continue" about a week ago. That sounds like a real hassle; I don't know why no one is addressing it, since it obviously doesn't have a simple fix for all of us, just for some.
    Unfortunately I do not have a "continue" option as you mention...I just have a "show content" but it doesn't make the warning disappear.

I have the warning on each and every page, every time...and there is no way to stop it that I can see...either I click on the "x" and it goes away on that page or I leave it there blocking the bottom of the page, but as soon as I go to another page of a thread or a new thread...it pops up again.

Not just on CL, but on the sister sites I've visited as well.

Sooooooooooo annoying

This is what I get when I first open CLBB.

"The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site.

yes no view certificate"

I click yes and it goes away for the day.

What the heck does it mean? Does it have anything to do with DH getting a laptop?

I'm sure it has nothing to do with any computers you're using; I've been on the same iMac for ages and it popped up there. I have a different set of options than yours, probably based on my specific web browser, which is Safari.

I wish someone from administration would check this forum.
    Chacun à son goût!

Thanks, everyone. Our tech team has been alerted and hopefully it will be fixed soon. I assure you, there is no problem with security on the bulletin boards (it's just annoying).

Is it only happening when you browse the CLBB, or is it happening throughout the whole Web site (on the Food or Entertaining channels, for example)?

Thanks again and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best,
    Mallory

Mallory, this is just limited to your site, which is why people were asking for help here. Someone mentioned that related sites were also affected; I assume they meant sites which were hosted by the same group, and therefore would have similar web architecture.

I was able to select "continue" on the pop-up security warning and it only recurred once after that, but others haven't been so lucky. There's another thread about this, I think under "Other Stuff."
    Chacun à son goût!

Quote Originally Posted by MalloryCL View Post
    (it's just annoying). Oh you are so right

Is it only happening when you browse the CLBB, or is it happening throughout the whole Web site (on the Food or Entertaining channels, for example)?

Thanks again and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best,
    Mallory
    Thanks for getting this looked at Mallory...for me it is just on the CLBB not the rest of the site...but every single "new page" every single time (why I emphasized the annoyance above ) And clicking on the "x" in the warning box just eliminates it for that particular page...that one time.

It had also been happening at Coastal Living, but not in the last day or two.

This is what I see.

It only shows up in the CL forums. It doesn't show up anywhere else on the CL site or on any of the other sites (Sunset, Health, Coastal Living, I checked them all) and in any areas of the other sites.
    When I click on Show Content then that error goes away, and stays away, only while I'm still in the same session. When I close IE, reopen it, and go back to the message boards the error reappears. But, as long as I click on Show Content, again!, the error doesn't show while I'm in the message boards.
    Oh, and I've tried using https and http in the site address. Doesn't matter, I still get the message.

This is so annoying, it definitely makes me check on on CLBB less often.

I am still getting what I posted earlier.

Not here. (I use Chrome.) Wonder if you all are using same browser?

What browser are you using? Maybe it's only happening in that one browser.

You might try loading a different browser to see if same thing happens when using another browser. (I would have thought that would be first question techs would ask: "which browser are these users using? All same?" just to see if one particular one is causing.

Are you all using Internet Explorer? If so, know what version? By telling, that might help. Good luck.

Edited to add -
    Old age moment:
    But wait...somewhere in the recesses of my mind, I recall seeing this happen to ME recently. I wonder ... I'll bet I was using Internet Explorer browser and not my beloved Chrome. Yep. I bet so. You might want to try Google Chrome... It's such a wonderful browser anyway...you might just want to keep it.

Hmmm... so I just tried going message board with IE 9.08xxxxxxxxx (i forget) and it did NOT happen.
    Last edited by catbatty; 03-06-2012 at 08:36 PM.

I'm using Safari on a Mac. I still get that popup window occasionally, but when I click on "Continue" it goes away. Mallory, can you let us know what's going on and whether steps are being taken to address this?
    Chacun à son goût!

I don't have Safai, nor do I have "continue"

Hey everyone -
    Thanks for being so patient and for providing all the details about what browsers you're using and even the screenshot. Our tech team is still working on it, but all the details you've provided will definitely help!

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Mallory

Hmmm. . .I usually use Safari on a Mac and am having trouble. I just tried on Firefox and it does not appear to be happening. I will keep checking in though.

Quote Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
    I don't have Safai, nor do I have "continue"
    Same here, using IE, still getting warning every new page.
    Jill

"Be kind to your neighbor... he knows where you live." -Brian Copeland

For the tech crew, you have a mismatch in your security certificate and host name. If I can recreate it, I'll post it.
    Karen

Did anyone ever figure out how to make the "show all content" thing at the bottom of the page go away? I'm still getting it on each and every page.
    ~~Life is a combination of magic and pasta. ~~ Federico Fellini

Quote Originally Posted by Randi R View Post
    Did anyone ever figure out how to make the "show all content" thing at the bottom of the page go away? I'm still getting it on each and every page.
    Me too

On EACH and EVERY page

SOOOOOO annoying.

This still isnt't fixed. Mallory?
    Jill

"Be kind to your neighbor... he knows where you live." -Brian Copeland