Community Message Boards

Thread: Anyone buy from Teavana?

Anyone buy from Teavana?

I just got an order today and am loving Rooibos Chai tonight. I am looking forward to trying My Morning Mate tomorrow.
    Do you like any other teas??
    I can't seem to sleep at night without my evening tea, (not that I sleep all night through but that is another issue and thread).
    "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

We have a Teavana at the mall near us and when I shop I always stop there to taste whatever they're offering to sample. They always have 4 teas to try. They have wonderful teas! But honestly, I don't buy from them much because they are so expensive. I have bought gifts there many times.

Speaking of having tea in the evening and not sleeping through the night , I used to drink Chamomille a lot in the evening since it's supposed to be relaxing, but gave up evening tea altogether because I found whenever I had it I always had to get up to go to the bathroom in the night. Fortunately I learned that Chamomille is a natural diuretic and that's why I was having that problem! So now I've gone back to evening tea, but avoid anything with Chamomille at night time.

Smile

Except coffee in the morning, I have recently turned to tea and the best I've found is John Harney and Sons. Their teas are outstanding, somewhat expensive, but they have occasional specials with free shipping. My favorite is their Earl Grey Supreme.

I love to sample teas at Teavana- every Chai that I've sampled has been absolutely heavenly! If you watch for sales, they really discount their teas when they want to clear them.

One thing I was told, when I asked how to make my tea taste like their teas in the dispensers, is that they often blend their teas to get such amazing flavors. So a chocolate chai that I sampled one day was actually one of their chai blends and one of their chocolate blends mixed together. The labels on the dispensers don't necessarily state this either.
    Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
    Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?

I'm food bloggin' almost daily at Tummy Treasure!

Yumm-o but not cheap is their Citrus, Lavender and Sage. Sakura Allure is really good. Blueberry Bliss and Strawberry Lemonade very tasty alone or together.

Susan,

Try davidstea.com prices are much better than teavana, although I just got an order from them...they had a hugh sale

~Gail
    "I expect to pass through life but once.
    If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show or any good thing I can do any fellow being, let me do it now and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again."
    -William Penn (1644-1718)

~~www.Nurse-Gail.com~~

I drink a Teavana blend every morning that I just love...well worth the $$ to me. It is 1 tsp of the Maharaja Chai Oolong with 1 tsp of the Matevana. I have tried others but am totally hooked on this blend!
    The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. - Anonymous

I learned about Upton Tea from this board. Their prices are great, but the selection can be overwhelming. If you know what you like, try there. They somewhat specialize in single estate teas rather than blends, but they do have those and just about everything else you might want.

Will check david's tea and upton tea,thanks so much.

zackaboo- will try ordering those two. My neighbor and I can share our tea purchases. I am lucky!
    "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer