Community Message Boards

Thread: Weekend happenings: 2/10 - 2/12

Weekend happenings: 2/10 - 2/12

It's a drizzly evening here in SF and I'm just beginning to think about the weekend.
    I have to pick up a couple of old botanicals I bought recently and had framed, and am looking forward to bringing those home and finding just the right spot for them. Want to make a lamb and white bean chili posted on the RG newsfeed today, so maybe go down to the farmers' market and buy beans, enjoy a cool morning there. If it's not raining, maybe a drive out the coast for oysters? I'm feeling very undecided!

What's the rest of the BB up to?
    Happiness is not a goal, it is a byproduct. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Besides moping and whining that WI got 5" of snow and is at 9 degrees and we are suffering (yes, I am in the minority) with a balmy 50 in February....
    into town to get the Seattle Times sunday paper, check out the art walk downtown. There is a cool houseboat being launched into the bay that may be fun to view.
    Leftovers for dinner (I made a pizza-esque flavored egg dish yesterday and a ground beef Shepherd's pie with squash topping tonight) we can pick from.
    Looking forward to Masterpiece Classic and Downton Abbey on Sunday!
    Have a great weekend, Canice.
    Thoreau said, 'A man is rich in proportion to the things he can leave alone.'

In between laundry and working on the tax return, I'll be worrying about our very good friend and next door neighbor who was involved in a serious car accident last week while vacationing in Florida. He is in ICU and on a respirator. We haven't had much news other than he'd had a bad day yesterday but was finally stable in the evening

Michelle

It's going to be cold all weekend with 40 mph winds, so I'm not leaving the house! I'm planning on taking it easy some, along cleaning the house and making a nice dinner tonight - comfort food, a pot roast with mashed potatoes. I'm going to try a Whiskey Cream Sauce to go with it that will be a new recipe. I'm wanting to try this hot chocolate recipe at some point this weekend:

It's Coconut Hot Chocolate with Almond Fluff Whip Cream - by Bobby Flay.

This is a real churchy weekend for me! A workshop for 3 hours today, then a Valentine's Day soup & sandwich supper at church, then church tomorrow morning -- probably I'll play Words with Friends the rest of the day tomorrow.... Oh, and pay bills!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Just got back. WOW on that houseboat!! Two very cute otters were frolicking on the deck area where the boats are moored.
    How beautiful.
    We will probably walk this afternoon.

I am in decision hell about my cooktop...think I have it narrowed but still...hate decisions, especially KITCHEN decisions!
    Thoreau said, 'A man is rich in proportion to the things he can leave alone.'

The white bean chili sounds fabulous and the hot chocolate looks amazing!

Michelle, I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. i hope things look up for him soon.

Not too much going on here this weekend. Yesterday was snowy and cold so we mostly stayed indoors. Today I'd like to head out to brunch with DH and the little guy (our new DS), go for a good walk, and do some baking for an upcoming bake sale. That plus all the other activities that come with the territory with an infant, but that's a given And on that note, it's feeding time again!

Natasha
    "If you're not chasing after miracles, what's the point?" The movie Saint Ralph

"What it all comes down to
    Is that everything's gonna be fine fine fine
    I've got one hand in my pocket
    And the other one is giving a high five" - Alanis Morisette, Hand in My Pocket

Sounds like a lovely weekend, Natasha!
    Ana, that's such a big decision, and one you will live with (and use frequently) for a long time - I'm bad at making those kinds of decisions, always afraid I'll learn that I made the wrong choice and am stuck with it.

Yesterday was really nice: tasty sushi lunch and a trip to my favorite natural foods store - a huge cooperative with acres of bulk foods. Not just herbs and spices and grains and such, but oils and dried mushrooms and all kinds of things I've never heard of. The one place that sells Rancho Gordo beans in bulk bins, and has huge jugs of all sorts of shampoos and body wash and such, so you can bring in bottles for refilling. My idea of fun shopping . Picked up my framed pictures and took a walk through the neighborhood. Nothing special, but a nice nonetheless.
    Happiness is not a goal, it is a byproduct. - Eleanor Roosevelt