Community Message Boards

Thread: Why is there no Tylenol on the shelves?

Why is there no Tylenol on the shelves?

Did I miss a recall? I googled but couldn't find anything. I was at CVS and they didn't have any. Then I went to Target, and they didn't have any either. I didnt feel like waiting in line to talk to a pharmacist. DS can only take Tylenol, so I always keep it around. Anyone have any info?

I found this on their website:

http://www.tylenol.com/page2.jhtml?i...ailability.inc

They are having supplier problems. They are offering a $1 coupon, but its a joke - when you fill out all your info, and you click print, it THEN tells you the coupon is no longer available.

Thanks for the info. DH went to get some Tylenol P.M.s and they were out.

These drug shortages have been an issue in hospitals for a few years - we currently have shortages of ondansetron, ketorolac, and metoclopramide, all of which are given regularly. I wonder if the shortage of Tylenol isn't because of quality control issues due to overseas production.
    The motive power of democracy is love. ~ Henri Bergson

Tylenol (brand name) is not the only acetaminophen available. Check with your Pharmacist or Doctor for an approved substitute brand, if you feel you should.
    The cardiologist's diet: - If it tastes good spit it out!

Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    Tylenol (brand name) is not the only acetaminophen available. Check with your Pharmacist or Doctor for an approved substitute brand, if you feel you should.
    The generic was available, but since he's had reactions to drugs before, I prefer the brand name. I still have a few left, but I just wanted to stock up to have on hand.

I was having sinus headaches a few months ago and there was no Tylenol Sinus at the CVS I went to. I bought the generic brand but it did help.

They had Tylenol at Costco (Wayne, NJ) today; I was looking for Excedrin (I was returning my Excedrin as it had been recalled by Novartis).

I was going to suggest that maybe Excedrin users had switched to Tylenol.

Just going to echo what Barbara said, there is an Excedrin recall and when I discovered that last week I bought Tylenol and the store brand of NoDoz (do-it-yourself Excedrin )and I would imagine lots of other people have too cause there wasn't much Tylenol (or the store brand) on the shelves.
    For those in touch with it, Reality is the leading cause of stress.

This thread came to mind again as I was in the pain killer aisle again today and noticed that Tylenol is still scarce. I started this thread 6 months ago. The website still mentions supply demands. It sure has been a long time.

I'm waiting for excedrin to come back - I heard soon but haven't seen it. Walmart does sell a generic so that's what I've been using but prefer the real stuff

Not to freak anyone out, but Interceptor, my dogs heartworm preventative has been almost non-existent for the last 6 plus months. They said there was a quality issues at the plant. I did my research a few months back, and according to what I found out, it is manfufactured in the same plant as human drugs and there was a mix up of some of the human drugs got into the heartworm meds at the plant. The interceptor is made by Norvartis and I just googled exedrin and it is aslo mfgd by Novartis.

So I wonder if this is the problem??

Excedrin was pulled off the shelves because they found it got mixed with other drugs ( I thought they were all human drugs). But it's taken them a long time to fix it. I had one bottle left which I use - the issue was finished pills so it's obvious if they look different). I've heard bottles are going for a lot on eBay.

I didn't realize that Excedrin was still out as well. I use Aleve myself, but like to keep Tylenol on hand for DS and the odd fever.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaSD View Post
    I've heard bottles are going for a lot on eBay.
    I didn't realize that Excedrin had been recalled until I was looking for Excedrin PM. It's supposed to be back on the market in a couple of months, or so my pharmacist told me. I was curious about EBay and saw that a bottle of the Excedrin for migraines sold for over $200.00.

I have a partially full bottle...

Is it legal to sell excedrin on ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by DanaSD View Post
    I have a partially full bottle...

Is it legal to sell excedrin on ebay?
    I would think that ebay would remove the listings if it was illegal. However, since it is and OTC drug, it probably is legal.