Community Message Boards

Thread: What does this mean? Security Certificate Errors?

What does this mean? Security Certificate Errors?

I am curious...I keep getting that content is being blocked because of security certificate errors...and I can't even get to the BB at work because of this. Can anyone explain and what is CL doing to correct this problem? Or is it just my computers? I have being locked out...
    EmptyNestMom
    Grandma Pam to 3

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.-Proverbs

There are already a couple of threads about this - one in the main forums and another in the tech support section. So far there has been no official response, unfortunately. I am experiencing the same thing but not everyone else is. One person found that it wasn't an issue when she switched from Safari to Firefox, but I don't want to change browsers for one site.
    Chacun à son goût!

I'm still having the same problem, too.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverFarm View Post
    One person found that it wasn't an issue when she switched from Safari to Firefox, but I don't want to change browsers for one site.
    I started to experience the problem this weekend and I use Firefox.

I got the message but the pop up box contained a dialogue box to explore and I checked the "always trust" and the problem went away. If it were a site that I hadn't never visited, I wouldn't have done it but I assume it was just some kind of technical glitch and not a major plot to take over the CL site.

I use Safari on a MAC.

I called Apple about this issue (because I have a new mac and didn;t want to screw it up..he said as long as it was a site that I had gone to over and over, just to click that I trusted it..have had no problems since.

I've been getting this for a week or two and I'm running IE. The odd thing is that I'm still getting Netflix popups too. IE tends to have a hissy fit about little stuff and ignore the really big bad malware. Oh well, I'm just too lazy to make the switch to Firefox yet.

I tried Tammy and Amarante's suggestions and just hit "continue" and it went away. I was just not sure I should do that without some advice to that effect!
    Chacun à son goût!