Community Message Boards

Thread: Fashion mavens! What do I wear!??!!?!??!

Fashion mavens! What do I wear!??!!?!??!

Ok, do any of you remember that when I met my husband he was in a pipe band? Anyone?

Well, they were good. Really good. He's been out a few years because he just can't commit to the time anymore. But he was a founding member and has stayed in touch.

Just got a call and they are playing on stage, at Orchestra Hall with the Chieftains. This is huge!

We're going to be back stage. Apparently hanging out with them as well as the spouses/friends watching the show from backstage.

What in the world do I wear?!?!??!?!?! I'm going to assume a lot of standing.

Comfortable and maybe trendy/edgy but definitely not "dressy."

In my experience performing and/or waiting around for my kids who are performing, backstage generally means a lot of sitting around and waiting. A big venue will likely have a dedicated room with seating for you and possibly refreshments. A smaller venue might have a dusty old greenroom with some old sofas and a water fountain. Either way, comfort is key.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~E.B. White

Comfortable shoes!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristyMarie View Post
    Ok, do any of you remember that when I met my husband he was in a pipe band? Anyone?

Well, they were good. Really good. He's been out a few years because he just can't commit to the time anymore. But he was a founding member and has stayed in touch.

Just got a call and they are playing on stage, at Orchestra Hall with the Chieftains. This is huge!

We're going to be back stage. Apparently hanging out with them as well as the spouses/friends watching the show from backstage.

What in the world do I wear?!?!??!?!?! I'm going to assume a lot of standing.
    The Chieftains? How totally cool! Personally, I'd dress up, but wear shoes I could stand in. It's an occasion. And you might be swept away to a nice restaurant or club afterwards. You never know... full disclosure; not a self-styled maven. Just a musician.

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! how cool- love the cheiftains- is there a site/youtube where i can hear your dh's group?

what time of day is it? i'm guessing evening and would go for a black dress that you feel looks great on you and get some edgy but not too over done jewelry-
    Cheryl

i can't seem to get a pic of this dress from banana republic

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...d=1&pid=450157
    Cheryl

That's very cool! Youll have a fun night. I would do dressy jeans with boots