Community Message Boards

Thread: Pan-Roasted Chicken with Lemon-Garlic Green Beans-?

Pan-Roasted Chicken with Lemon-Garlic Green Beans-?

Does the NA look accurate to you? I read this recipe and thought it sounded great until I read the NA and 3 1/4lb chicken for 4 servings??
    -Nutritional Information:
    Calcium 86mg; Calories 687; Carbohydrate 20g; Cholesterol 181mg; Fat 37g; Fiber 4g; Iron 4mg; Protein 67mg; Sat Fat 8g; Sodium 735mg

Pan-Roasted Chicken With Lemon-Garlic Green Beans

Christopher Baker

Serves 4

Hands-on Time: 15m

Total Time: 1hr 15m

Ingredients
    6 tablespoons olive oil
    2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced, 1 juiced
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    3/4 pound trimmed green beans
    8 small red potatoes, quartered
    4 chicken breasts (bones left in, with skin, about 3 1/4 pounds)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish or skillet.

2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper; add the green beans and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the green beans and arrange them on top of the lemon slices. Add the potatoes to the same olive-oil mixture and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, arrange the potatoes along the inside edge of the dish or skillet on top of the green beans. Place the chicken in the same bowl with the olive-oil mixture and coat thoroughly. Place the chicken, skin-side up, in the dish or skillet. Pour any of the remaining olive-oil mixture over the chicken.

3. Roast for 50 minutes. Remove the chicken from the dish or skillet. Place the beans and potatoes back in oven for 10 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender. Place a chicken breast on each of 4 serving plates; divide the green beans and potatoes equally. Serve warm.

Tip

Choose firm potatoes that are free of sprouts. Avoid ones with a greenish tint; they can be bitter.

Nutritional Information

Calcium 86mg; Calories 687; Carbohydrate 20g; Cholesterol 181mg; Fat 37g; Fiber 4g; Iron 4mg; Protein 67mg; Sat Fat 8g; Sodium 735mg
    "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

The recipe calles for chicken with the bones & skin, so it sounds like it could be correct. The bones add a lot of weight and the skin add extra fat and calories.
    -Faygie

Life Tastes Good

Six tablespoons of olive oil is a lot. I'll bet you could cut the amount of oil, lemon & garlic in half and it would still be tasty. I put the ingredients through the Recipe builder on the Weight Watchers website using chicken breaks with skin, without bone (they didn't have with bone as an option) and the recipe came out as 16 points which is pretty high for one meal. The stats are probably correct.

Thanks, I had planned on lessening the oil, using bone-in, skinless chx breasts-but not 3 1/2 lb! It looked like an easy, light meal. Oh well. May still try it with the changes. Thanks again!
    "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

I found Calorie Count and revised the following ingredients:
    3T oil
    2lb chicken breast, bone-in, no skin

It came up with 332 cal and 10g fat. Much better