Community Message Boards

Thread: RIP Davy Jones

RIP Davy Jones

Yahoo is reporting that former Monkee Davy Jones died of an apparent heart attack at age 66. All of us little 3rd and 4th graders had such a crush on him! Rest in peace.

I'm pretty sure I saw him on TV a few weeks ago. I think the Monkees were going on tour. So sad to hear the news.

Sad news. I always loved the Monkees and had such a crush on him.

ETA: I saw him at a mall in Huntsville, Alabama, a few years ago (didn't know he was going to be there, just happened upon the scene). I called my sister to tell her--we're both big fans--and I was so excited my words were coming out like dolphin screeches. LOL
    Last edited by ___Rhianna___; 02-29-2012 at 03:51 PM.
    "Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you."
    ~Tommy Smothers

This is making me feel very old! (That combined with kids wondering who the old was on the Grammys (Paul McCartney). Sad. In some ways, it seems like it was just yesterday that Davey was walking on the sand singing Daydream Believer!
    “It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society”.----Krishnamurti

This makes me feel old too. I remember seeing him on the Ed Sullivan show when he did Oliver on Broadway in the 60's. The last time I saw him was about 5 years ago when he was singing on a side stage at the Del Mar Fair.

I was making dinner when I heard this on the radio and tears came to my eyes. Not Davy Jones! In fifth and sixth grades I had posters of him (from Tiger Beat magazine) on the purple walls of my bedroom (next to the orange beaded curtain). So adorable, he was my first crush. OMG, I really am getting old.

After dinner I was upstairs and went through a room, noticing my Monkees lunch box on a bookshelf (of "retro" things). They were all were such babies! *sigh*
    Vicci

Can't you just eat what I put in front of you? Do you have to know what it is?
    Ria Parkinson, Butterflies (BBC, 1978-83)

So sad. I loved watching the Monkees and even enjoyed catching a few episodes recently on tv. Also had a crush on him. And, who could forget the Brady Bunch episode with him - Marsh was the president of his fan club.

Quote Originally Posted by zwieback View Post
    And, who could forget the Brady Bunch episode with him - Marsh was the president of his fan club.
    I was just going to mention this. Sad news.

Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaL View Post
    I was making dinner when I heard this on the radio and tears came to my eyes. Not Davy Jones! In fifth and sixth grades I had posters of him (from Tiger Beat magazine) on the purple walls of my bedroom (next to the orange beaded curtain). So adorable, he was my first crush. OMG, I really am getting old.
    OMG...we had the same bedroom! In addition to Davy posters from Tiger Beat, I also had Bobby Sherman and Mark Lindsay.

But back to Davy, that's so sad. I saw Micky talking about him on The Today Show earlier this morning. Davy seemed like such a truly good guy.

So sad, boy did I have a crush on him.

OMG, my bedroom was also all purple, except my orange was a big foot pillow.

And, who could forget the Brady Bunch episode with him - Marsh was the president of his fan club.
    The news said last night that is the most played re-run of any sitcom ever.

Laurie