Community Message Boards

Thread: Lost Recipe

Lost Recipe

I use to have a recipe for a Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound cake with the cream cheese filling in the middle. I have looked bur cannot find the recipe. Do any of you have a recipe for something similar? If so, please share. Thanks.

Somehow, I have the feeling that this might be the one you are looking for. I think you posted it a couple years ago but I didn't date it.

Chocolate Pound Cake With Cream Cheese Filling clbb-dlaboriel

filling:
    1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese
    4 tablespoons butter
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup sugar
    Cream butter and cream cheese well. Add other ingredients, set aside.

Cake:
    2 cups sugar
    1 cup butter
    1/2 cup chopped nuts, divided
    4 eggs
    3 cups flour, sifted
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1 cup buttermilk
    1 (4 oz) package German Chocolate, melted

Cream butter and sugar well. Add eggs, one at a time, add vanilla, Mix flour, salt and soda in a bowl and add to butter mixture alternatively with buttermilk, mixing until well blended, Stir in melted chocolate. Pour 1/2 of mixture into well greased and floured tube pan. Pour 1/2 of the nuts over cake mixture, pour all of the filling mixture over nuts, then spriinklethe rest of the nuts over the filling. Pour rest of cake batter in at this point. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
    Anne

Looks like the recipe may have been found, but if you are interested in another, I have made one from Land O'Lakes which is really good.

http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/232...am-filled-cake

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Somehow, I have the feeling that this might be the one you are looking for. I think you posted it a couple years ago but I didn't date it.

Chocolate Pound Cake With Cream Cheese Filling clbb-dlaboriel

filling:
    1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese
    4 tablespoons butter
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup sugar
    Cream butter and cream cheese well. Add other ingredients, set aside.

Cake:
    2 cups sugar
    1 cup butter
    1/2 cup chopped nuts, divided
    4 eggs
    3 cups flour, sifted
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1 cup buttermilk
    1 (4 oz) package German Chocolate, melted

Cream butter and sugar well. Add eggs, one at a time, add vanilla, Mix flour, salt and soda in a bowl and add to butter mixture alternatively with buttermilk, mixing until well blended, Stir in melted chocolate. Pour 1/2 of mixture into well greased and floured tube pan. Pour 1/2 of the nuts over cake mixture, pour all of the filling mixture over nuts, then spriinklethe rest of the nuts over the filling. Pour rest of cake batter in at this point. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
    Oh, my. This is it. Thank you so much. I thought this was lost forever. Again, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe Latte View Post
    Looks like the recipe may have been found, but if you are interested in another, I have made one from Land O'Lakes which is really good.

http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/232...am-filled-cake

Thank you for sharing. This sounds good, I have printed it out and will give it a try too.