Community Message Boards

Thread: Maureen Dowd re Hillary

Maureen Dowd re Hillary

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/14/op...ef=maureendowd

This is a "don't miss" column by Maureen Dowd. I was a Hillary backer in 2007 and thought I'd read that Sec of State would be her last public office. This gives me new hope. Lots can happen between now and then but what a possibility.
    "If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle." Rita Mae Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie226 View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/14/op...ef=maureendowd

This is a "don't miss" column by Maureen Dowd. I was a Hillary backer in 2007 and thought I'd read that Sec of State would be her last public office. This gives me new hope. Lots can happen between now and then but what a possibility.
    Thanks for the link. I, too, was a Hillary supporter. I still am, and am grateful for the role she has in representing our country. I'm anxious to see what develops!
    As the arc of history bends towards justice, it's a new, more progressive day. --Steve Benen, The Maddow Blog, 11-07-12

I went back and forth between Obama and Hillary until I literally was at the polling place. I supported both of them and was just vacillating in terms of electability.

At this point, I don't even remember who I actually voted for in the primary.

I sometimes wonder if some of the stuff that disappointed me so much in terms of Obama caving - particularly on the lack of a public option in the health care bill might have been different if Hillary had been elected.

I have to say that the Republican war on women in terms of contraception, Planned Parenthood, assaults on single mothers; working women really have ignited at least this small segment of the base.

I went back and forth between Obama and Hillary as well; in the end I felt that Obama was more electable because he didn't have the baggage. But since then I've often thought that Hillary would have done a much better job of taking advantage of the first two years when she had a Democratic Senate and House to pass legislation that Obama didn't pursue because at that point he was still trying to build a consensus between parties. Hillary would have known that it wasn't possible.

Interesting.
    Chacun à son goût!