Community Message Boards

Thread: Please knock some sense into me

Please knock some sense into me

Because my sister isn't doing the job.

I live in a very small community, great education, have a child,House, self sufficient. Etc.

I had been dating a guy for the past three years, get along great, owned a lobster boat together, skied, dinner every night, etc.

Now he has found his true love via facebook in Florida and I'm the bad guy.

I'm 51, decent looking, loyal, vassar grad in economics. the area I live in there are just no men, I apologize for my grammar, I'm using an iPad. My sister keeps telling me he's a great guy, this while he's making plans to sell the lobster boat and go to Florida,

Please please tell me that I'm too young for this and to get my groove on. I'm heartbroken and feel like I'm being sucked not quicksand in this small town. My sister tells me ways to get him back, not sure if I want to.

Please knock some sense into me.

If he were so great, he would have told you he was looking for a deeper relationship than he has with you. Honesty trumps **** near everything.

First, if you own the lobster boat jointly, be darned sure you are involved in the sale (if you don't want to buy him out). Let's just say the trust factor isn't real strong now and why get screwed twice?

Second- re: your sister- why would you want him back?

Finally, the world has shrunk in so many ways. You can meet people globally. After all, he did. You have so much going for you and you aren't limited to your small geographic area.

Good luck,
    Patt
    With all of our running and all of our cunning, If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane...
    "Changes in Attitude, Changes in Latitude" Jimmy Buffet

First - hugs to you. It really stinks to have your heart broken - under any circumstances.

Ditto what patt said - especially on the boat.

But, to your question, let him go. Don't set yourself up for him to do this to you again. It is clear he made his decision.

It is going to take time for your heart to heal. Pamper yourself. Find a project to immerse yourself in to occupy your mind from wandering.

Be strong!
    Sherri

Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.

Speaking as a woman who has been single for 10 years, after a 25 year marriage: It takes a really good man to be better than no man at all.

Don't settle for less than you deserve.

I'm confused - this is the exact post she put up almost two weeks ago, that had quite a number of responses - what happened to them??
    Happiness is not a goal, it is a byproduct. - Eleanor Roosevelt

When the post was originally made, it showed up twice, right together. One was responded to and the other sank away. It appears the second one was found and got a new string of replies going. I haven't searched, but I bet the other thread is now sinking away with replies in tact.

Doglady8, hope you are feeling better about things. The shock of an unexpected change is often the worst part. Get involved in doing things you love and being happy as the person you are -- just you, again and everything else will follow. If you don't know what else to do, go volunteer somewhere. Helping others can really brighten your outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by Canice View Post
    I'm confused - this is the exact post she put up almost two weeks ago, that had quite a number of responses - what happened to them??
    There was a double post of this thread and for some reason the post with no answers was revived by the second poster instead of the thread with all the responses.

Thanks! I was confooooosed.
    Happiness is not a goal, it is a byproduct. - Eleanor Roosevelt