Community Message Boards
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weight Watchers/Weight Loss Support - April 2012

Good morning everyone! I lost .6 at my meeting last Thursday night, which brings me to 51.8. I'm happy with that. We've had company the last two weekends, and I've taken the last two Fridays off, plus I'm off again this Friday, and Thursday and Friday of next week (my sister from Amarillo is coming). So losing, if only a little, while doing lots of cooking for company is a win in my opinion!

Valerie, the oven fried chicken did come from me, and I'm glad you liked it. Hopefully your DH will tonight. I've made it three times now as my DH loves it.

We dodged a bullet last night with the weather. We were under tornada watches most of the afternoon and night and, for a while, a tornado warning. Very scary since we've lived through two major ones since we moved here 14 years ago. But I love it here, what can I say. We also finished planting our garden Saturday, and I'm really excited about that!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Denise
    "If you're lucky enough to live in the mountains, you're lucky enough."

Denise, Good loss after all of your company, keep up the mindful eating while you have guests... Glad the worst weather avoided you! We had torrential downpours and some thunder and lightening and heavy, heavy winds but the worst weather went around us. Tornados across the river and to the south...the wind has finally died down today and i think the weather temp is more normal for this time of year.

I gained Denise's .6 pounds this week...guess I am back to journalling and thinking before I eat. I'll be back on track over the next week.

Can you believe how fast this year is going!!!!! It's already closer to the beginning on May than to the beginning of April! My mother was right...she said the older you get the faster time goes...well it could slow down a little bit...I'm not that old!.

Have a wonderful week...
    EmptyNestMom
    Grandma Pam to 3

“Other creatures receive food simply as fodder. But we take the raw materials of the earth and work with them—touch them, manipulate them, taste them, glory in their heady smells and colors, and then, through a bit of alchemy, transform them into delicious creations.”
    ― Judith Jones, The Tenth Muse: My Life in Food

Hi, all! Down .8 at weigh-in yesterday. Need to work on eating less chocolate this week! It's so easy to get carried away.

Valerie - That's great the you're making progress with Cyclemax! I've never done spin before but I can only imagine how tough it is. I went 6/6 with workouts again last week. Really proud of myself. This morning was Cardio Core Circuit. I think it's only the second time I've done this one. Didn't really like it the first time but I did today. I think I've gotten stronger and smarted. I sub some low-impact moves when I think I need to. That helps.

Cocoa'smom -- .8 is nothing for a vacation! But it's hard to re-focus. That's always tough for me, too. But don't let it trip you up!! You've been doing great -- keep your mind in to it!

Maria -- I hate multiple grocery store trips! There are some weeks that I swear I go every day.

Denise - .6 is great! Losing weight while still visiting with friends -- doesn't get much better. As I got close to my goal weight, my losses really slowed down. I would lose some like .8 then .6, then stay the same, then lose 1+. It's like my body just wasn't sure.

Pam - Way to get back on track. It's so easy to stray. Tracking is really key for me. If I track, I'm much less likely to pop something in my mouth. Times flying at the speed of light...and I'm not that old, either!
    Stacy

Stacy, good going -- any loss is a good one! I find it hard to avoid chocolate once I start eating it, I'll be thinking of you...do you have it around the house or do you have to go out to buy it? I find if it is sitting around I will keep dipping into the stash...if I have to buy it I find I can resist it. If you do have it at home, put it in the freezer...out of site out of mind??
    EmptyNestMom
    Grandma Pam to 3

“Other creatures receive food simply as fodder. But we take the raw materials of the earth and work with them—touch them, manipulate them, taste them, glory in their heady smells and colors, and then, through a bit of alchemy, transform them into delicious creations.”

I gained 1 pound last week. A real bummer, since I didn't go over my points, but I did not eat very well. Not nearly enough fruits and veggies and whole grains, and I didn't exercise nearly as much as I normally do. It was a stressful week. I manage four federal grant budgets at our local college, and a year ago, I took on a fifth -- as a "contract" job (no taxes withheld). Long story short, it's been entirely too much. Lots of weekends and nights, and my stress level has been off the chart. This weekend, my DH and I decided that it wasn't worth the money so I gave notice this morning that as of June 30th (the end of our fiscal year), I would not be managing the fifth grant budget. And what a relief. I slept better over the weekend than I have in six months. Trust me, friends, money isn't always worth it. We would never have left Dallas if we believed that. I just kind of forgot that for a while, I guess.

Anyway, this is a new week! And I spent the weekend cooking and chopping and cleaning lots of veggies and boiling eggs, all in anticipation of a much better weigh in this week. Plus I've scheduled in exercise on my calendar. And my precious sister is flying in Thursday from Amarillo for five days -- and I'm taking off the entire time! So things are definitely looking up for me!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Denise

a minor bump on the road Denise... could just be a little extra water weight. I believe all the vegies and fruit act like a diuretic and if you get back to normal, the pound will exit quickly. Strong work getting back on track after a minor derailment.

DH and I did a serious xc ski yesterday, 6 !/2 hours. a humongous amount of work, but just gorgeous. and this morning we did a 30 mile bike ride. been sticking to a reasonable diet. the splurge yesterday was a beer after the ski... first beer of the season. I really like a good flavorful beer ( anchor porter I think it was) after seriously strenuous skis or hikes.
    finally some warm weather here, and all soups and stews don't sound good.. . need to switch over to more springlike menus. think it will be baked fish tonight.
    "If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle." Rita Mae Brown

I lost .2 this week of the .6 I gained last week...and I thought I did very well this week...oh well, I am still in the game...or at least my mind is still thinking before my mouth opens for food to be dropped in! Next week.

Denise, enjoy your sisters visit and keep on thinking before eating...spring has sprung (in most places!) and the spring veggies are coming in. My favorite vegetables are the early ones, lettuce, radishes, asparagus, etc. Our Farmers Market starts in a couple of weeks and I am READY!
    EmptyNestMom
    Grandma Pam to 3

I'm off on a short vacation for a few days but thought I'd post something on our thread that isn't spam.

Hope everyone is hanging in there, exercising and eating right, and i'll check back in in a few days.
    "If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle." Rita Mae Brown

Finally a few minutes to post! I was up this week but trying to shake it off. I've had some GI issues for the last couple of weeks that I hope were the cause. We'll see - another challenging week and I've been flat out hungry for the last couple of days which is kind of unusual.

Continuing to do very well with exercise - 6/6 last week and will be 9/9 this week, too - only two workouts to go! I will have completed cathe's April rotation in it's entirety. Very proud!

Valerie - enjoy your vacation! Hope the weather and the vehicles cooperate. Fabulous cross country and bike ride. Anchor porter is great!

Denise - have a great time with your sister. Don't fret about the pound. You've been doing this long enough to know that sometimes it just happens. Everything will sort out.

Pam - How I wish we had a good farmer's market close by! There's a major one in Dallas but it's 26 miles from us. There's a local one on main street but the last time I checked it out, there wasn't much there.
    Stacy

Hi everybody! I had a great visit with my sister. In fact, I've been a bit sad today (she left at noon). We're 500 miles apart and see each other three or four times a year -- not nearly enough. But her daughter is getting married in six weeks, and we'll all spend five days together. Something to look forward to!

I lost 3.6 pounds last Thursday night! I could not believe it! It's the largest weight loss I've had since starting Weight Watchers almost 10 months ago. But I did exactly what I said I needed to do -- lots of veggies, lots of fruits, lots of whole grains, and regular exercise. In fact, Donna and I walked every day she was here. I'm not kidding myself to think that this will be a regular thing. One-half to one pound is normal for me. But what a boost that was.

Valerie, I hope your vacation is a great one.

Stacy, you're my exercise hero. I'm in awe of how much you exercise. I need to follow your example. When I lived in Dallas, I went weekly to the large Farmers' Market and would freeze and can all summer long. Now we have to grow any fresh veggies we want, and this year we have a large garden, about 40 feet by 60 feet, complete with a "deer proof" fence. We've already got potatoes and onions and radishes and lettuce and purple hull peas and baby lima beans and corn coming up. I just hope we have plenty of rain this year.

Here's to a good week everyone!

Denise

Valerie, Hope your small vacation was lots of fun! Hopefully you had less rain than we did this weekend!

Denise! What a wonderful weight loss...even if it doesn't happen again soon it is nice knowing you can do it...

Our Farmer's Market starts Saturday!!! My B-I-L is coming to visit and my daugher is moving and my granddaughter (4yr old) will be staying with us...but I will be there for the first day! I love spring veggies and it has been so warm so early this year that I am betting there will be lots of goodies!!

I weigh in tomorrow and am not sure what will happen...and I am afraid to step on the scales at home! I have been eating right but feel so bloated...well I still have 24 hours to go and things change sometimes quickly!

Have a wonderful week, and we'll start a new month together tomorrow!
    EmptyNestMom
    Grandma Pam to 3