Is there any way this recipe can be made with unsweetened cocoa powder only, and stevia instead of sucinat?
Any thoughts appreciated!
Clean Eating Magazine
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 6 oz dark bittersweet chocolate, broken up
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups Sucanat, divided
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 4 1/2 tsp arrowroot powder
Nutrients per cookie: Calories: 90, Total Fat: 3 g, Sat. Fat: 1.5 g, Carbs: 16 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 14 g, Protein: 1 g, Sodium: 15 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly mist 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Place chocolate in a microwavable bowl and heat on high until chocolate melts, approximately 2 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gradually beat in 1 cup Sucanat and continue beating until mixture appears creamy. Add vanilla.
- In a separate small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup Sucanat, cocoa and arrowroot powder, then beatinto egg whites on low speed.
- Stir in warm chocolate and continue stirring gently until mixture thickens.
- Place rounded tablespoons of batter onto prepared baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes. Cool on sheetpans for an additional 10 minutes before transferring to racks to cool completely.