I tried this one over the weekend and we thought it was good. It was a nice change from the sauteed mushrooms I usually make to go with grilled steaks.

I had to drain my mushrrom after they had been sitting after cooking as they released more water. I did not use 2 pans for this; I just did everything in the skillet. Leftovers reheated well too.

Creamed Spinach and Mushrooms
Cooking Light, April 2012
Serves 6 (serving size: 1/2 cup)

4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
8 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
1 (10-ounce) package baby spinach
1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
3/4 cup fat-free milk
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Dash of nutmeg
2 1/2 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms; cook 6 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Remove mushrooms from pan. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat.

Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil; swirl to coat. Add shallots and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Combine milk and flour, stirring with a whisk. Add milk mixture, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to pan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Add cheese; stir until cheese melts and the mixture is smooth. Add mushrooms and spinach to milk mixture, and toss gently to coat.

Calories: 102
Fat: 6.1g
Saturated fat: 1.8g
Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
Protein: 4.8g
Carbohydrate: 8.1g
Fiber: 1.4g