Here's one I haven't made in a while but we liked...It is a CL Recipe
Sweet Potato and Apple Gratin
Let it stand for 10 minutes after baking so the juices can thicken.
• 3 cups thinly sliced peeled Granny Smith apple (about 1 1/4 pounds)
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 2 pounds)
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon butter, melted
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• Cooking spray
• 2 (1-ounce) slices white bread
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine apples and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add the sweet potatoes and the next 4 ingredients (sweet potatoes through pepper). Place the sweet potato mixture in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes, stirring after 25 minutes.
Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure 1 cup. Combine breadcrumbs, oil, and nutmeg; sprinkle over the sweet potato mixture. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until golden. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Grandma Pam to 3
“With enough coffee, I feel as though all things are possible...many of them highly unlikely, but they are possible.”