Community Message Boards

Thread: Pinterest question

Pinterest question

OK, Pinterest is frustrating the pee out of me! When I go to the site I can see lots of cool things I want to "pin." I usually forget I'm not signed in yet, so I try to pin something and it gives me a screen to join. So then I have to click the back button and sign in. So then I get an entirely different set of pins and can no longer find the pins I saw in the first place. Am I doing something wrong. Grrrrrrrrr!

No, you're not doing anything wrong. Any time the page is refreshed, there is a new set of pins. However, in my experience with Pinterest, there are usually numerous pins of the same thing. So, I would imagine if you scroll down the screen, you'll find what you were looking for.

I'm one of the few who doesn't really care for Pinterest. I just can't get into it. It's just kind of "meh" for me. I haven't really looked at it for a while, so maybe it's different now, but it just seemed like there were pins/repins of a lot of the same things. I've also clicked on numerous pins to take me to the linked website and it takes me to a spam site. Like I said, "meh."

At first I didn't see the fun in Pinterest, but after spending a little time with it, I discovered it stimulated me creatively, plus I found so many great recipes and DIY ideas and just really cool art, photography, graphics, etc. So, I can't really say I'm addicted or that I spend tons of time there, but I do like it.

Thanks for the info, I will try to ignore whatever pins I see until I sign in and hopefully that will minimize my frustration.

That happens to me as well. I have found that if I log on while I am on a pin I like and then I go back it keeps me on the original board I was looking at; but if I try to log on while on the board, it will change the whole thing.
    The World doesn't revolve around you...you're just dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by Remoulade Sauce View Post
    That happens to me as well. I have found that if I log on while I am on a pin I like and then I go back it keeps me on the original board I was looking at; but if I try to log on while on the board, it will change the whole thing.
    Thanks so much for the tip! It did seem like sometimes I was able to log on and still pin something I had clicked and sometimes not, so I guess the trick is to not click "Pin It" until I've logged on.

I've had issues with it not keeping me logged in but soon as I go under one of the categories - i.e., Food & Drink, it takes me to log on screen. For whatever reason, I tend to go directly to the categories I like and pay less attention to what the "followers" have pinned.

At any rate, I have had similar issues on other sights though and have found *sometimes* you can simply hit the back button several times and it will take you back to where you were, yet it somehow will know at that point who you are exactly. So try that.

As for Pinterest itself, I've gotten a lot of good info/recipes/tips off of there, or discovered food blogs to follow. I don't quite understand something though - I like to go under "Architect" for example, and look at houses. But there are pictures under there that aren't anything architect related - for example, a picture of a baby in a bunny outfit. It says "onto Things that I like" at the bottom of the picture. So the person who posted it didn't post it under Architect, yet it's pulling it up there. It's annoying....especially when I'm purposely avoiding the Food/Drink category because I'm hungry yet find pictures of cakes under Home Decor.

And to add, I've noticed it seems my friends/followers are losing interest, they aren't pinning much. I'm more of a "liker". I like the picture or go to the direct link and bookmark it.