Community Message Boards

Thread: Pensacola Recommendations

Pensacola Recommendations

We're heading to Pensacola at the end of the month for a family event. I've never been there. Any recommendations for places to eat or things to do? I've started looking at tripadvisor and other sites but this board is always such a great source for good info.

TIA

One thing to do is to go to the Blue Angels museum -- and to see the show, if they're there! It is totally cool, if you like airplanes! And we found the restaurant at the museum worthwhile, too. There are a bunch of restaurants at the beach, but we haven't been there since Katrina, so I don't know what's still there.
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMartinGal View Post
    One thing to do is to go to the Blue Angels museum -- and to see the show, if they're there! It is totally cool, if you like airplanes! And we found the restaurant at the museum worthwhile, too. There are a bunch of restaurants at the beach, but we haven't been there since Katrina, so I don't know what's still there.
    Thanks! Great suggestion. That sounds like fun!

I would drive a few miles down Gulf Blvd. towards the direction of Navarre. You won't have to travel far before you find a desolate beach that is paradise. You might get lucky and see dolphins and other sea life close to shore. This is pure bliss.

The picture below is one that I took in the area a couple of years ago at sunrise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post
    I would drive a few miles down Gulf Blvd. towards the direction of Navarre. You won't have to travel far before you find a desolate beach that is paradise. You might get lucky and see dolphins and other sea life close to shore. This is pure bliss.

The picture below is one that I took in the area a couple of years ago at sunrise.

That's gorgeous! Wow! I'm starting to get excited about this trip.