Community Message Boards

Thread: Shopping experts...I need...

Shopping experts...I need...

I am in need of a spring jacket. It needs to be versatile enough to wear with jeans, crops (both jean crops and dressier crops). I am not planning on wearing this jacket with skirts/dresses.

I want more than a windbreaker, something with some color (preferably not black or tan). I am thinking I want something a little longer, ,maybe a happy medium between the bottom of my tush and my knees.

Any ideas gals?

TIA
    Julie

Last edited by 1grl1by; 04-11-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    ______

Elizabeth

Walking Towards Wellness, my personal challenge to walk 10,000 steps per day in 2014 while living with and managing a chronic illness. Walk with me.

I was going to suggest a trench similar to the ones 1grl1by posted, rather than a windbreaker. I saw some really nice ones this past weekend in Nordstorms and Lord and Taylor in some really nice colors.

The brightly colored trench coats are all over for Spring at every price point.

I would go to the mall and find one you like at whatever your budget can afford.

I just bought a hot pink London Fog trench from Macy's that I'm wearing with ankle length and capri's. With coupons I got it for about $80. Love it too! Since I mostly wear beige and black pants the hot pink looks great with them.
    I have a new job that requires that I wear business casual, so it's perfect.

Thanks everyone. MaryMac, I have searched Macy's online and cannot find that coat! Would you PM me with maybe the store where you got it and I can call them and enquire about it?

Amarante, unfortunately the only couple of stores we have to look at close by are JCPenney and Macy's. I haven't had any luck looking there, that is why I am shopping online.

1grl1by, thanks for all the links. I am off to look at them now!!
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by SweetTooth View Post
    Thanks everyone. MaryMac, I have searched Macy's online and cannot find that coat! Would you PM me with maybe the store where you got it and I can call them and enquire about it?

Amarante, unfortunately the only couple of stores we have to look at close by are JCPenney and Macy's. I haven't had any luck looking there, that is why I am shopping online.

1grl1by, thanks for all the links. I am off to look at them now!!
    A few more ...

I don't see the pink one at Macy's but this one is cute:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/l...xx.esn_results (Macy's has a totally different selection in the stores than on line and different stores carry different items, it's really confusing!)

And since you mentioned JCP: http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?...EXTERNAL|71663

I almost bought that one, but then decided on a slightly shorter one at Old Navy, in orange, that I love and have gotten tons of compliments on.
    ______

Elizabeth

Walking Towards Wellness, my personal challenge to walk 10,000 steps per day in 2014 while living with and managing a chronic illness. Walk with me.

I found a London Fog at bonton.com that is a hot pink color. I ordered it...hopefully it looks as good as the picture!

thanks again for all your ideas everyone!!
    Julie