Community Message Boards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 35

Thread: Escher's favorite topic: Escher

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    4,130

    Escher's favorite topic: Escher

    Quote Originally Posted by funniegrrl View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye. I now put the long-gone, never-lamented Escher on Ignore.
    So, funniegrrl has sadly ignored me. It happens from time to time.

    But what baffles me though, is the reason... apparently, my desire to uncensor the v-word was the deal-breaker.

    And I put some real work into that post... a public service, I might add:
    notice the legal language?
    notice the well thought out reasoning?
    notice the declaration of independence resonance?

    That took some time, folks, it was a quality post.
    Last edited by Escher; 04-13-2012 at 09:55 AM.
    More calm, cool, scathing logic that drives women crazy...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    3,418
    What a contrast in threads. The other was intelligent and articulate. This one is rude and immature.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Escher View Post
    So, funniegrrl has sadly ignored me. It happens from time to time.

    But what baffles me though, is the reason... apparently, my desire to uncensor the v-word is what set her over the edge.
    Probably more than you know I wonder who is ignored more, you or me?

    I think what is happening here Escher is that you have been absent for so long that you lost your harem. Also, we have not had to put up with Bob for so long, that we got used to being treated like a human being. I don't think we are going to take the sh*t that you and Bob dish out anymore. So I would suggest that you move on. OK? Thank you.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    4,130
    entirely possible... untended harems to tend to wander. I was remiss in my sultan duties. More's the pity.

    BobMark is gone? Alas, the gay blade was a perfect foil... I shall miss him.

    I haven't seen anything ignore worthy from you yet, cookieee. I'll have to keep an eye on you....


    More calm, cool, scathing logic that drives women crazy...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Where the buffalo roam
    Posts
    3,045
    I don't know what this says about me...but I like both Escher's and Bob's snarkiness at times.
    Sherri

    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    4,130
    Welcome to the Harem, SDMomChef. Pull up a comfy pillow, some bon-bons, and your favorite novel.

    Your sultan of snark is entirely at your disposal.

    More calm, cool, scathing logic that drives women crazy...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    White Mtns of NH
    Posts
    408
    I enjoy(Ed) both Escher and Bobmark's comments immensely. I come from a family of all girls and went to both a boarding high school and college that were all female and switched to coed shortly before I attended each.

    Many alumae were horrified. But my point was, and still is, whether misguided or not... Is that men and women both exist in the world. Of all differing opinions whether one likes it, agrees, or not, but to put ones ones head in the sand and pretend that one does not exist is foolish.

    Especially for me, whether I agree or disagree, am disgisgusted or annoyed by the opinion, I would like the opportunity to hear/learn all sides and all opinions.

    I enjoy hearing the points of view offered from Escher, bob mark, gumbeaux, etc,, even if I do not agree with them, I still like the opportunity to hear their point if view and disagree. Actually anyone I disagree with, I still want to hear their POV.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    White Mtns of NH
    Posts
    408
    I apologize for the grammar mistakes that the auto spell on my iPad is causing.. But hopefully the general tenet of differing opinions and learning came
    through....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Where the buffalo roam
    Posts
    3,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Escher View Post
    Welcome to the Harem, SDMomChef. Pull up a comfy pillow, some bon-bons, and your favorite novel.

    Your sultan of snark is entirely at your disposal.

    Can one be a part-time member of a harem since I don't always agree that your snarkiness is always appropriate?
    Sherri

    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMomChef View Post
    Can one be a part-time member of a harem since I don't always agree that your snarkiness is always appropriate?
    Oh darn

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
    Posts
    2,528
    Aaaaah.... all of this reminds me of times gone by on these forums. Sadly many have left us and the boards are quietier than they used to be. So for me, I'm glad to have Escher back stirring the pot. These forums have been one of my favorite "places" to be on the planet since I first joined. I love this place, and all the sharing, the help, conraderie and thoughtful discussion it provides.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    South Lake Tahoe, CA
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieM View Post
    Aaaaah.... all of this reminds me of times gone by on these forums. Sadly many have left us and the boards are quietier than they used to be. So for me, I'm glad to have Escher back stirring the pot. These forums have been one of my favorite "places" to be on the planet since I first joined. I love this place, and all the sharing, the help, conraderie and thoughtful discussion it provides.

    I couldn't have said it any better, Julie. I agree 100% and miss the old times....
    Write your hurts in sand, carve your blessings in stone.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieM View Post
    Aaaaah.... all of this reminds me of times gone by on these forums. Sadly many have left us and the boards are quietier than they used to be. So for me, I'm glad to have Escher back stirring the pot. These forums have been one of my favorite "places" to be on the planet since I first joined. I love this place, and all the sharing, the help, conraderie and thoughtful discussion it provides.
    Hi Julie, I hope you are never on the receiving end of some of these guys. And you really wouldn't mind being put in Eschers harem? He never askes, he just gathers them up like slaves. Uggggg

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,980
    he just needs competition

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Ham, where are you when we need you ? We need a REAL gentleman on this BB Gumbeaux, I always thought of you as a gentleman, please come and protect us from this ............

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    East Bay
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Missi View Post
    I couldn't have said it any better, Julie. I agree 100% and miss the old times....
    Ditto.

  17. #17
    You can't always get what you want...

    You don't get to screen who comes on this board. This isn't a sorority (although sometimes you act like it).

    From what I've seen, Escher is a guy, and a guys' guy at that. And guys are different from females. And sometimes they have a pair of balls and use them. Of course, if a woman said the same stuff, she'd be considered a ***** and shunned.

    In other words, deal with it. Especially you, cookieee.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm New Here View Post
    You can't always get what you want...

    You don't get to screen who comes on this board. This isn't a sorority (although sometimes you act like it).

    From what I've seen, Escher is a guy, and a guys' guy at that. And guys are different from females. And sometimes they have a pair of balls and use them. Of course, if a woman said the same stuff, she'd be considered a ***** and shunned.

    In other words, deal with it. Especially you, cookieee.
    Hi, I know I should. I have no idea why this Harem business upsets me. I'm too old for it anyway. I just find it degrading and I thought all the females here would also. I am just surprised they would let this go on. OK enough said. I will mind my own business. Subject dropped. Harem away Escher

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
    Hi, I know I should. I have no idea why this Harem business upsets me. I'm too old for it anyway. I just find it degrading and I thought all the females here would also. I am just surprised they would let this go on. OK enough said. I will mind my own business. Subject dropped. Harem away Escher
    It is degrading and I agree with you. I have no problems with language or differences of opinion but this guy has a misogynistic attitude towards women and is purely using the forum to get his jollies by thinking he is shocking anyone.

    He is contemptible and I certainly don't equate gumbeaux with this escher character at all because gumbeaux is part of the community who participates in more than just stuff intended to make him feel macho or whatever other strange psychological satisfaction this guy is having.

    If anyone read his response to the widow question, I can't imagine why anyone would think this guy actually wanted to be a contributing member of the community.

    And I have held off commenting because this kind of troll enjoys the attention. If he didn't he would be posting elsewhere or else actually have a history of posts beyond those which he thinks the wimmen folk are going to find shocking.

    He's a pissant and not worthy of the time I spent writing this.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Thank you

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Northern Michigan--waaay northern
    Posts
    2,376
    Quote Originally Posted by amarante View Post
    It is degrading and I agree with you. I have no problems with language or differences of opinion but this guy has a misogynistic attitude towards women and is purely using the forum to get his jollies by thinking he is shocking anyone.

    He is contemptible and I certainly don't equate gumbeaux with this escher character at all because gumbeaux is part of the community who participates in more than just stuff intended to make him feel macho or whatever other strange psychological satisfaction this guy is having.

    If anyone read his response to the widow question, I can't imagine why anyone would think this guy actually wanted to be a contributing member of the community.

    And I have held off commenting because this kind of troll enjoys the attention. If he didn't he would be posting elsewhere or else actually have a history of posts beyond those which he thinks the wimmen folk are going to find shocking.

    He's a pissant and not worthy of the time I spent writing this.
    Yep, and it saddens me when others think it's "tee-hee" cute. REALLY read what he says. It's ugly.
    As the arc of history bends towards justice, it's a new, more progressive day. --Steve Benen, The Maddow Blog, 11-07-12

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    587

    Wink New Here

    SOMETIME THOSE B'S OOOOOOOO's, GET STEPPED ON.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Near my friends.
    Posts
    8,960
    When Escher was here before, he was almost revered. I never understood it, but felt to each his/her own. I was never one of his worthy opponents, but could never figure out why there were those who were wanted to be, considering a lot of his subject matter. I have utmost respect for you who have chosen to speak out against Escher. I'm older now, gone through several tragedies and see life quite differently now.
    Escher was here, then he was gone and when I saw Escher was back I thought, good grief,more drivel.

    I'm sorry, everyone misses the "good old days"? Can you describe to me when those days were? I would love to know what you are missing, because I think this forum is great...You are quite a classy lot of people. What is it you are missing?
    You may have had a lot of unfair things happen, but when you look back over your life, remember something good that has happened for you. Replay the good memories. Joel Osteen

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    1,576
    Amarante since you're new here, how could you possible know about Escher's previous antics?

    I for one do miss the days when I joined the board. I didn't mind the harem, waxing the hamster, the clique, bobmarks great post about leaving NYC, or any of the rest of it. I almost never check here anymore because the board is so inactive and frankly, boring most of the time.
    "I worry that you don't worry enough"--another worrier aka the Yarn Harlot

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Northern Michigan--waaay northern
    Posts
    2,376
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarie View Post
    When Escher was here before, he was almost revered. I never understood it, but felt to each his/her own. I was never one of his worthy opponents, but could never figure out why there were those who were wanted to be, considering a lot of his subject matter. I have utmost respect for you who have chosen to speak out against Escher. I'm older now, gone through several tragedies and see life quite differently now.
    Escher was here, then he was gone and when I saw Escher was back I thought, good grief,more drivel.

    I'm sorry, everyone misses the "good old days"? Can you describe to me when those days were? I would love to know what you are missing, because I think this forum is great...You are quite a classy lot of people. What is it you are missing?
    Joyce, I know you & I don't always see eye to eye, but I agree 100%. "Good old days" my foot.
    As the arc of history bends towards justice, it's a new, more progressive day. --Steve Benen, The Maddow Blog, 11-07-12

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgeiger View Post
    Amarante since you're new here, how could you possible know about Escher's previous antics?

    I for one do miss the days when I joined the board. I didn't mind the harem, waxing the hamster, the clique, bobmarks great post about leaving NYC, or any of the rest of it. I almost never check here anymore because the board is so inactive and frankly, boring most of the time.
    Probably the same way I do. Read his previous posts, like the one I read last night. Re: the review of "Brokeback Mountain" where he was rude and called someone "dumbass"

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
    Posts
    2,528
    I really don't understand this. I doubt there's any of you that love this forum more than I do. Why can't everyone enjoy it without bashing each other? If I say I miss the way the forum used to be--active and vibrant with zillions of threads and posts about all kinds of things--sometimes funny, sometimes sad, sometimes just plain silly, then why the disapproval about the way I or anyone else feels? This forum is here for ALL of us! If you don't like Escher, then don't read his posts! Follow the people that you like and can relate to and ignore those you don't agree with.

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
    Probably the same way I do. Read his previous posts, like the one I read last night. Re: the review of "Brokeback Mountain" where he was rude and called someone "dumbass"
    My posts were based solely on his strafing of the forum within the last week

    1) Offensive comments about woman who might lie about birth control

    2) Offensive comments regarding helping a widowed friend

    3) School boy type threads about language in which he seemed to take some kind of juvenile delight in spelling out certain words that he thought might shock those with faint sensibilities. I have no problems with with language of almost any kind - although escher also did use some vile language directed towards minorities.

    However, in terms of censorship, this forum is pretty much left alone which I think to some degree is because it has these kinds of language filters in place to prevent use of language INAPPROPRIATELY. While sometimes funny, I don't think that the censored words have prevented any of us to seriously - and the emphasis is on serious - discuss issues of all kind including those relating to woman's sexuality.

    Again too much time spent by me giving this pissant exactly the kind of attention he obviously craves because he just wants people talking about him which is what is happening.

    If escher's posts - most notably regarding grief - are examples of the "good old days" and the high level of discourse back then, happy to have missed them.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by amarante View Post
    If escher's posts - most notably regarding grief - are examples of the "good old days" and the high level of discourse back then, happy to have missed them.
    Agreed.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by amarante View Post

    If anyone read his response to the widow question, I can't imagine why anyone would think this guy actually wanted to be a contributing member of the community..
    I agree with you on this. I don't mind edgy, antagonistic, controversial, crude, "funny", etc., but the widow comment was just thoughtless and mean. I think it really speaks to a person's character.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •