Community Message Boards

Thread: Sylvester Update!

Sylvester Update!

For Sly's extended CLBB family, I thought that I would share his latest photo. He just loves to get on the backs of these chairs,,, much like Casey did. He is growing alot, but not going to be a big kitty. He is such a joy, filling my home with love and laughter. My friends adore him as he is very social, rolling on the floor and showing his belly to all.

editted to say that my camera is taking awful pictures lately... very fuzzy,,, might be time for a new one..

SLY!!!
    I swear, if he had a white tipped tail, he would be my beloved Baxter, black nose-smudge and all!!
    LOVELY! Thank you for sharing him
    Thoreau said, 'A man is rich in proportion to the things he can leave alone.'

He is so darn cute! Thanks for sharing

Laurie

What a sweetie! I'm not a cat person, but he's a real cutie! I'm so glad you found each other.
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Very cute cat! I love how you have 'his chair' right by the window for his view of the world.

Darling!! I just love pet threads with happy endings!
    Adopt a shelter cat!
    www.arascolorado.org

That is one photogenic, alert, happy cat! So glad that you and he have created a happy home life together.
    “It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society”.----Krishnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by vbak View Post
    Very cute cat! I love how you have 'his chair' right by the window for his view of the world.
    LOL... People have asked me why I have a dining room chair at the window with the blinds raised????? Don't they have pets that want to see outside? He loves the birdies, rabbits and squirrels at the hollies right there by the windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey1230 View Post
    LOL... People have asked me why I have a dining room chair at the window with the blinds raised????? Don't they have pets that want to see outside? He loves the birdies, rabbits and squirrels at the hollies right there by the windows.

And it's definitely better to raise the blinds than have them "lowered" by the kitty so he can see his outdoor friends. Years ago I came home to Venetian blinds on the floor because they obstructed my little furry one's view. Manufacturers haven't invented the hardware that's a match for a determined cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Casey1230 View Post
    I have a beautiful antique occasional table beside the window in our bedroom. It has a pretty leather inset top, but you'd never know it because the top is covered with Spooky's favorite fleece blanket so he has a comfy place to gaze out of the window. You know that you are a cat-slave when....

Keep posting these wonderful photos of Sylvester!
    Vicci

Can't you just eat what I put in front of you? Do you have to know what it is?
    Ria Parkinson, Butterflies (BBC, 1978-83)

I love your updates on Sly! Thank you so much for sharing. I have a rescue kitty myself named Binx. He's a big boy, black with white feet. Looks like I dunked him in bleach! So happy you found a great friend.

Sylvester

He is SWEET!!! I once had a cat with the same coloring, and his name was Mickey...
    V.

The higher up the better Our dog sitter's cat always resides on the back of their big, sectional couch. When our dearly beloved 10-pounder visited, that became shared space - up until the very last year.
    Please, keep posting those adorable pictures of Sylvester.
    We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
    -M. Acklam

Sly has such a handsome face! How old is he now?

Also wanted to say thanks for the info on the SSSCat. I've used it successfully in a couple places, but truth be told I've gotten 'blasted' more times than Charlie. It always catches me by surprise when I forget I have it set.

Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    Sly has such a handsome face! How old is he now?

Also wanted to say thanks for the info on the SSSCat. I've used it successfully in a couple places, but truth be told I've gotten 'blasted' more times than Charlie. It always catches me by surprise when I forget I have it set.
    We think that he is about 8 months... I've had him since November and they think that he was around 3 months then.
    LOL..... yes, I have been blasted by SSSCAT also... just this morning when I put out to 'protect' a fruit platter for a wine tasting.... scared me to death! But it does work! Sly had a slight relapse last week and that is why it has resurfaced.

Aww....he's so cute. I don't have a cat right now, but am a cat aunt. Maybe I should rethink this?

reported