Community Message Boards

Thread: Has anyone tried Stain Solver (oxygen bleach)?

Has anyone tried Stain Solver (oxygen bleach)?

http://www.stainsolver.com

I promise this isn't spam. I just ordered some after searching online for best ways to clean tile and grout, so I haven't received it yet. I came upon this product/brand and thought I would give it a try. I have a steam cleaner that I regularily use, but need something better at times. I HATE the fumes of commercial cleaners and this is supposed to be non-toxic. Has anyone used this product?

I've never used it but am very interested in hearing how it works for you.
    Anne

Please, please post back My grout looks like that before picture on that site. My carpet guy told me what their company uses and I did it once, It was awful because of the toxic fumes.

Laurie

I will post back - however, I have colored grout, but can still tell it's dirty (especially in the boys bathroom). I like that it can be used in laundry and elsewhere too.

Good, I posted about this product in December, but I see it is acid based
    http://thegroutcleaningstore.com/grout-brushes/

I do like the grout brushes, so Cafe if it works I want to try it along with one of those grout brushes so I dont have to get on my hands and knees since most of my house is tile

Quote Originally Posted by Laurielee View Post
    Good, I posted about this product in December, but I see it is acid based
    http://thegroutcleaningstore.com/grout-brushes/

I do like the grout brushes, so Cafe if it works I want to try it along with one of those grout brushes so I dont have to get on my hands and knees since most of my house is tile
    I like those brushes. I don't blame you for not wanting to be on hands and knees. I'm glad I only have tile in 4 bathrooms and laundry room.

I'll be interested in the results, too. When I saw the website, I wondered if it was similar to OxiClean. I have a box of OxiClean that I don't use too often, so I figured I'd try it, just to see if it worked. It didn't work very well and my floor was very slippery afterwards. I went back over it with Lysol/water. With the exception of 4 rooms, I have all tile on the first floor. It gets filthy, especially the grout. I'm not sure if the builder sealed it or not (or if that even matters with dirt). So, if this stuff works, I think I'll place an order, too.

Zwieback, I tried Oxiclean too and it did not work and left a residue hard to get off.

As for sealing. I had my carpets cleaned Saturday and talked to the carpet guy about sealing the grout since they do clean it. He said On big floors it usually becomes too cost prohibitive since there is not a sealer out there (that really works) that you can also get on the tile, the sealer has to be be applied only to the grout.

Laurie

Quote Originally Posted by Laurielee View Post
    Zwieback, I tried Oxiclean too and it did not work and left a residue hard to get off.

As for sealing. I had my carpets cleaned Saturday and talked to the carpet guy about sealing the grout since they do clean it. He said On big floors it usually becomes too cost prohibitive since there is not a sealer out there (that really works) that you can also get on the tile, the sealer has to be be applied only to the grout.

Laurie
    Interesting -- not what I've heard at all! DH and I sealed our tile (not just the grout), which lasted a couple of years. Then the carpet cleaner came in with a solution called (I love this) "Dragon Venom," which did a fantastic job cleaning tile and grout, then we sealed it again.
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Stain Solver Founder Replies

Hello Cafe Latte and Anne:

Tim Carter here, the founder of Stain Solver. I just wanted to jump in and let you know you should be delighted with the product.

We're adding new videos to the site next week, and more each and every week to demonstrate how easy it is to use.

If you have any difficulty with the product, please call our toll-free number or email us from the website.

As you point out, the product is totally non-toxic. No fumes, no harsh chemicals, just natural oxygen and soda ash. All the ingredients are certified organic.

I see that others are wondering why the Oxyclean doesn't work. I may be able to help there. To the best of my knowledge, they get their ingredients from offshore. The purity of them could be suspect. Furthermore, I believe they don't put in as much active ingredient in the product.

We put in the maximum amount of active ingredient as allowed by law.

Finally, to get the BEST results when cleaning floor grout, mix up the solution as it says on the label of Stain Solver, be sure to use hot water, stir till dissolved, and then pour the solution on the grout as if you had spilled a glass of water.

Allow the solution to work on its own for at least 10 minutes. Then scrub with a brush making sure that the bristles contact the grout. You'll be amazed at the results.
    Last edited by StainSolver; 04-28-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Answer additional questions from other posters

Wow! Thanks for posting, Tim. I didn't know that about OxiClean. I like their stuff for laundry applications.
    Kay

Another thanks Tim, this is going to be my spring project in the the next couple os weeks.

Laurie

Thanks for replying Tim. I'm looking forward to using the product and being able to breathe at the same time. I came across the product on askthebuilder.com thanks to google.

Just wanted to bump this up. I am pleased with the results I got on the tiles. Even though I have colored grout, I can tell it's cleaner. It did take some elbow grease, but what doesn't. I love how there are no fumes or smell to the product. I plan to use it on the carpet once DH gets to the painting in the bedrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe Latte View Post
    Just wanted to bump this up. I am pleased with the results I got on the tiles. Even though I have colored grout, I can tell it's cleaner. It did take some elbow grease, but what doesn't. I love how there are no fumes or smell to the product. I plan to use it on the carpet once DH gets to the painting in the bedrooms.
    Good to know! I have dark-ish tile and grout, but I sure could have used it in the last house!!!
    Kay

Thanks for the update that it works. Now to get flexible enough to use it....
    Anne