Community Message Boards

Thread: New recommendations for self-tanners?

New recommendations for self-tanners?

I did a search first, but the threads are all more than four years old, and I figure there must be some new products on the market. We're heading to the beach in a few weeks, and I've long ago given up on tanning, but I would like something to both tone down the winter white as well as even out some places where I do get a little color despite sunscreen.

So what are you using this summer?

There was a reco here for Paula Begoun products. I'm really happy with the self tanner. It's not orange on me and has very little smell. I have people ask all the time how I got so tan so it must look alright. Here is a link to the website.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/
    You can't drink rum on the beach all day if you don't start in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by donleyk View Post
    There was a reco here for Paula Begoun products. I'm really happy with the self tanner.
    http://www.paulaschoice.com/
    I would second that. I have used her products for years and swear by them!
    Adopt a shelter cat!
    www.arascolorado.org

I use and like her products as well. I have never tried her self tanner. Must do that!

I like the Jergens self tanners.
    You think you're not ever going to be able to eat another thing, but alas, you will find yourself feeling strangely peckish around teatime. The more you eat, the more you want. That's the way it goes."

Nigella Lawson

I use some of her products too, based on recommendations from this board. But after a few months of use they start to irritate my skin and make it red, so then I have to stop for six months or so. I'll look into the self-tanner.

Kima, I've had good luck with the Jergens too, and I like that it is a gradual color, so that I don't have an orange/streaky mess. But I can't stand the smell of it!

I've started using Nivea self tanner. I found Dove too streaky & Jergens too smelly. Nivea is really, really light toned, but that's OK with me. I actually don't want to look tan, per se, but just now scary bright Casper!

L'Oreal Sublime Bronze is my favorite after trying several. It is a spray, so goes on very evenly, and dries quickly. Several friends have asked me what I use because it looks so natural.
    Vicci

Can't you just eat what I put in front of you? Do you have to know what it is?
    Ria Parkinson, Butterflies (BBC, 1978-83)

Quote Originally Posted by krhm View Post
    Kima, I've had good luck with the Jergens too, and I like that it is a gradual color, so that I don't have an orange/streaky mess. But I can't stand the smell of it!
    It think I saw on the tube last year that they had changed the fragrance...
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!