Community Message Boards

Thread: Wedding Corsages

Wedding Corsages

Are wedding corsages a must ?
    You may have had a lot of unfair things happen, but when you look back over your life, remember something good that has happened for you. Replay the good memories. Joel Osteen

I don't think so, especially in a nice but less formal setting like you have been talking about.

I'd say no--but then to me, nothing is a "must." It's also fun to do something non-traditional--a fresh daisy growing next to the venue, or a pretty leaf from a nearby tree. Or something that has meaning to the couple. IMO, everything in the wedding should be designed to make people happy--not in the, "I guess we have to do the money dance to keep Aunt Sylvia happy" sense. In the, "Boy, this sure makes me happy!" sense.
    As the arc of history bends towards justice, it's a new, more progressive day. --Steve Benen, The Maddow Blog, 11-07-12

Well, since we are a little more casual than had she married in a church, I am comfortable with NOT wearing a corsage and after getting on the wedding bee website, I am really happy about this decision. I am, apparently, not the only mother who didn't like the idea of corsages.

I AM comfortable with the bride giving us (me and two grandmothers)a rose as they leave the area. Settled and I do thank you both for your support!!!!!
    You may have had a lot of unfair things happen, but when you look back over your life, remember something good that has happened for you. Replay the good memories. Joel Osteen

I actually am not familiar with wedding corsages in a formal or informal wedding. I think the mothers spend a lot of time and $ on their dresses and would not necessarily want to pin on a big corsage. Boutonierres for the med, yes.
    Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarie View Post

I AM comfortable with the bride giving us (me and two grandmothers)a rose as they leave the area.
    That is a truely lovely idea. I like it much better than corsages.
    Anne